BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great draw with a good chance of BBC or BT Sport covering the game live. The potential downside to that could be a silly o'clock kick off on any of four days. For the ardent travellers it will be two trips to South Wales in a week after Cardiff on Jan 2nd.

Right up your street Sambo lad.

Literally ;)

Perfect draw! Nice and local and a new ground to tick off.

Just hoping tickets last until open sale to get a couple of extras for my brother and girlfriend, imagine we'll be allocated 1,000 approx.

Willington yes, windy all hell and cinder embankments. 6-1 in the replay during power strikes, midweek afternoon game. If memory serves

That brings back memories, knackered my new trainers on the cinders

I hope they don't! Will be a 12.15 kick off and ruin it for those like myself who are going.

I'm afraid I've got even worse news for you. Newport RFC (who share the ground with Newport County) are playing at home on Saturday, 9th January. Combine that with the fact that BBC Wales will probably want to show the game live and our match is no doubt going to be moved to a 12:30 kick-off on the Sunday. Now that will be annoying.

WOW!! How's that for wishes to come true? Nice one Sambo

Great tie for me! A 15 minute train journey, can't ask for much better!

Safe journey down to all Rovers fans. For people wishing to make a day of it, I'd recommend Cardiff pre game - I've never been to Newport but imagine there's more decent boozes in Cardiff! Plus it's very close.

I'm afraid I've got even worse news for you. Newport RFC (who share the ground with Newport County) are playing at home on Saturday, 9th January. Combine that with the fact that BBC Wales will probably want to show the game live and our match is no doubt going to be moved to a 12:30 kick-off on the Sunday. Now that will be annoying.

FFS...what a nitemare as defo going to this one...it's what the FA Cup is all about or should be...( or used to be )

Newport County founded in 1912. The only time they were in the 2nd division was after promotion in 1939. They got relegated in 1946/47. We got relegated from Div 1 after the war in 1947/48. So we never met in the league. Our 3rd div days were their 4th div days.

Thanks d side for bearing that bad news!

Archived