BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Backroom

But, hypothetically, get a big crowd at Ewood and beat West Ham , then we are in the sixth round! Could be Manu at home, even bigger crowd and TV money! You never know.

I want us to go as far in this competition as poss. Nothing else to play for other than avoiding relegation. :(

The two may go hand in hand. I have no doubt at all that our Worthy Cup run (and ofc, win) was the kickstand we needed to escape relegation in 2002.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't give a stuff about gate money to be honest, I'm just thinking about winning and getting into the next round. Save the real big boys till later. Can't stand Liverpool or being surrounded by their plastic x factor style fans nor our big game part time charlies either.

Give me the Whammers in front of 13k at Ewood and a performance and atmosphere like when we beat Stoke last season.

The two may go hand in hand. I have no doubt at all that our Worthy Cup run (and ofc, win) was the kickstand we needed to escape relegation in 2002.

Never once thought relegation would happen in 2002 other than being a bit concerned after the Leicester loss. I predicted a top 10 finish and had a positive feeling about the cup competitions that season. Why the hell Spurs were considered such favorites for that final I'll never understand they were hardly a leading side themselves.

The FA Cup is of huge importance after failing in the QFs twice recently albeit with one being against Liverpool. Both those QFs were the biggest game of the season. Semi final would be the first trip to the new Wembley for this football club which isn't a minor deal.

Sunday was a great day to be a Rovers fan. Rhodes staying (possibly) and a plum Cup tie against Premiership opposition. Hope JR bags the winner.

Don't agree with the comments above about gate money. I'd rather play whoever we've the best chance of beating and if we get far enough we'll make more revenue than from 2 games v Liverpool.

Never once thought relegation would happen in 2002 other than being a bit concerned after the Leicester loss. I predicted a top 10 finish and had a positive feeling about the cup competitions that season. Why the hell Spurs were considered such favorites for that final I'll never understand they were hardly a leading side themselves.

The FA Cup is of huge importance after failing in the QFs twice recently albeit with one being against Liverpool. Both those QFs were the biggest game of the season. Semi final would be the first trip to the new Wembley for this football club which isn't a minor deal.

I'd stick to giving the Walker Trust Grief if I were you matey. Can you remember the team we had to field against Spurs that afternoon? The centre midfield suspended etc. Tiny Taylor playing at right back, Johanneson at centre half. Hughes playing in midfield for probably the first time in his life. That's why they were hot favourites.

You're wrong about the 'Boro game also. They could have easily fulfilled the fixture by sending reserves and youth team players. They chose not to.

West ham are no big boys compared to us, at our level I'm afraid in terms of club size

They're moving to the Olympic Stadium shortly so how does that work ?

Don't like them though, just Cockney ****** like the rest dahn sarf.

Couldn't give a stuff about gate money to be honest, I'm just thinking about winning and getting into the next round. Save the real big boys till later. Can't stand Liverpool or being surrounded by their plastic x factor style fans nor our big game part time charlies either.

Give me the Whammers in front of 13k at Ewood and a performance and atmosphere like when we beat Stoke last season.

Surely we would not have an Attendance as low as 13000? West Ham would bring 5000 wouldn't they? Full house if its Liverpool, at least 20000 if West Ham and probably more.

Surely we would not have an Attendance as low as 13000? West Ham would bring 5000 wouldn't they? Full house if its Liverpool, at least 20000 if West Ham and probably more.

Not if it's on the BBC in the case of West Ham. Ticket prices need to be sensible if so but I doubt they will be.

They're moving to the Olympic Stadium shortly so how does that work ?

Don't like them though, just Cockney ****** like the rest dahn sarf.

Just because the government has decided to build and give them a brand new 50,000 stadium doesn't make them a big club. Until/unless West Ham actually start winning things on a regular basis they can never be a big club. They will get good gates because they'll be able to draw in thousands of day-trippers and tourists from Europe and London who want to take in a Premier League game whilst on their holidays and who can't get tickets for Arsenal/Chelsea.

I'm sure in years to come there will be some alarming revelations about the Olympic Stadium and the amount of taxpayers money that has been used to adapt it for West Ham's needs whilst they contribute minimal amounts to the project.

In the meantime hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money is now being used to fight a legal battle to prevent details of the contracts being made public.

since they won the World Cup they've achieved nowt- as Big Sam said 'What's the West Ham way? Getting beat?'

However they have an enormous fan base in east London and throughout Essex and some of the home counties- due to the level of movement from London into Essex and Kent over the last 30/40 years.

Yea I know loads of West Ham fans, and have met a lot more than I would have expected to over the years.

They do bang on about 1966 though, as ridiculous as it sounds. But I suppose they've never even finished as runners-up in the top division so they don't exactly have much else to shout about. Wouldn't hear the likes of Bayern Munich or Juventus fans ever arguing the same.

You're wrong about the 'Boro game also. They could have easily fulfilled the fixture by sending reserves and youth team players. They chose not to.

Don't think I said they couldn't have fulfilled it. Wasn't that on another thread?

Might be a chance for a final trip to Upton Park...a place that holds a very good memory for Rovers fans.

A very loyal following...one of the very few things I admire about the 'ammers.

They have good support as you'd expect of a club from their area, not saying I like them but it's a real traditional club with proper fans compared to the other big London prawn butty/city trader types. Been down there a few times and never seen any bother with them or heard of them causing much up here.

Only annoying thing is the media do seem to have an obsession with them which is odd as in overall football terms they are just another club.

They have good support as you'd expect of a club from their area, not saying I like them but it's a real traditional club with proper fans compared to the other big London prawn butty/city trader types. Been down there a few times and never seen any bother with them or heard of them causing much up here.

Only annoying thing is the media do seem to have an obsession with them which is odd as in overall football terms they are just another club.

I think they have more than a few supporters in the media and I think this seeps through into the coverage at times. There was an article I saw a few years ago about football supporters in the media, both front of house and backroom and production. The usual suspects had the most, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs were quite well represented and WHam, relative to their size were over represented. Think Rovers had 3 or 4. It also went on to discuss how this influences how Sports News is covered and the sometimes unconscious bias that seeps through. The article was on line and not sure where I saw it, but it was very interesting.

Archived