BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

The bookies have Oxford as favourites, which I would say is a bit unusual for a team two divisions lower. Perhaps the bookies know something we don't, but I do fear for us. I think we need a good cup run to lift fans spirits and give the team a confidence boost too.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The bookies have Oxford as favourites, which I would say is a bit unusual for a team two divisions lower. Perhaps the bookies know something we don't, but I do fear for us. I think we need a good cup run to lift fans spirits and give the team a confidence boost too.

Look at how we're doing then how they're doing then who they beat in the last round. That's why :P

I saw that Oxford are 13/10 favourites we are at 11/5. Not sure what to make of a team in league 2 being favourites over us. That said I don't particularly disagree with it. At best as a club we've stagnated and debates rumble on about whether the players are playing for lambert but hells teeth accrington aren't a million miles off them.

I saw that Oxford are 13/10 favourites we are at 11/5. Not sure what to make of a team in league 2 being favourites over us. That said I don't particularly disagree with it. At best as a club we've stagnated and debates rumble on about whether the players are playing for lambert but hells teeth accrington aren't a million miles off them.

Yeah very strange odds. Either someone has had a big bet on Oxford, or the bookies have seen us play a few times recently/

I'm not saying the bookies have this wrong Mike, they rarely do and I agree with what you are saying.

Look at how we're doing then how they're doing then who they beat in the last round. That's why :P

If we can't be confident of beating a League Two side then we might as well give up. I'm not being arrogant or dismissive of Oxford after what they did to Swansea, but we're Blackburn Rovers. Quarter Finalists last season. Two divisions above the hosts.

We've had the perfect cup draw so far. Two fourth division sides away from home. If we get beat it will be solely because we don't match their endeavour.

Including Saturday and the postponed Newport game any Rovers fan who has been to every away game in January will have clocked up over 2000 miles. Quite an expensive start to the New Year.

Saturday being the third of four consecutive away games with Middlesbrough coming up next. Throw in Reading in December and it's been a tough couple of months.

If we can't be confident of beating a League Two side then we might as well give up. I'm not being arrogant or dismissive of Oxford after what they did to Swansea, but we're Blackburn Rovers. Quarter Finalists last season. Two divisions above the hosts.

We've had the perfect cup draw so far. Two fourth division sides away from home. If we get beat it will be solely because we don't match their endeavour.

I agree we have had the perfect cup draw so far, but don't feel too confident we will get through this. If it solely because we don't match their endeavour then shame on them. I hope I am wrong, but see us losing this by more than the odd goal.

Possible Cup upset on the cards if Rovers win this one then. Should get us top billing on Match of the day! :blink:

Think it is my first trip to an away match at Oxford since going 3 times in the same season c1985. Doesn't time fly! They were a good side then and they might be going well now, but at 5/2 just had to bet on the blue boys winning this.

The underdog tag we seem to be under has made it feel like we are going to a higher placed big club instead of a small lower league one :rover:

I actually hope that transmits itself to the players and they are up for it.

We can pull this one of COYB

Archived