BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

I am lucky in that I get two complimentary return 1st class tickets every weekend on Virgin trains (after 12 noon on a Friday); it really helps with London away days and weekends in Edinburgh.

I do London at least once every week and the Virgin Trains staff are great and most helpful. Even the bloke who announces: "This is Wigaaan, we are now approaching Wigaaaaan, Wigaaaaaaaan is the next stop.".

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I know who to come to when I want cheap tickets cheers pal!

My favourite bloke on virgin is the singing rubbish collector

He is a big PNE fan, he fell out with me when he saw I was a Rovers fan.

He is a laugh though, he also has a squeaky toy and every time someone puts some trash in his bag he makes it go squeak squeak - it sounds a bit like Larry, whoops sorry Simon Grayson.

600 tickets sold for this game, so 900 left.

Reached open sale today so expect tickets to start shifting a bit more now.

Hopefully we sell out, or at least get close. Oxford have done their bit, so let's do ours. A new ground and a chance for me to visit Oxford and have a few beers.

This is my local game and looking forward to it, Make no mistake Oxford are bang on form and play good football with a lot pace and directness. I would not be surprised if they beat us. Appleton is doing a good job there, much to my surprise.

Another thing, the ground is on the edge of Oxford in the roughest bit of the city, next to a cinema and bowling alley. Very few decent drinking options in the vicinity and certainly not the Oxford the media would portray (any Morse/Lewis fans will be diappointed ;)

'Manchester's lower teams'

Never been so insulted! ;)

Likewise! We are 30 miles from Manchester. It wasn't so long ago this lot were one of London's non league teams ;-) I remember Accy Stanley replacing them 10 years ago.

On a serious note I am looking forward to this. On the basis that it's a new ground for me and draws like this are what the fa cup is about.

It's going to be a tricky game. Having watched them on TV against Swansea they are a good side. They play decent attacking football. Ironic really as under Appleton we played some of the worst football I've ever seen us play - the two games against Millwall in the fa cup quarter final spring to mind.

On the other hand we are still 2 leagues above them, we have a several 'international' footballers, Rhodes has just started scoring again and the law of averages suggests we will produce a good performance under Lambert at some stage in his reign!

Archived