BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

Ha. What's all this Manchester stuff!! To be fair in my experience when it comes to foreigners/southerners and geographically placing northern towns you start off by saying where you're from, then after being met by blank puzzled looks you say another town of equal or larger size near by that they may have heard of, after more blank puzzled stares, then you settle on just north of Manchester. I die a bit inside each time but we've all done it I'm sure.

North south banter aside think will be a tough game. By some miracle Michael Appleton (I did have to check if it was the same bloke or a component namesake) has got them firing whereas we are inexplicably turgid most weeks.

That said I'm looking forward to it 1000 tickets sold I'd be shocked and disappointed if didn't shift the other 500 in next few days. Makes for a decent cup tie. Please no upset though.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the shandy drinkers down there seem a bit miffed . I love it down there but you'd probably struggle to find an Oxford fan IN Oxford :)

Ironic they mention Manchester, a sea of red shirts in the pubs down there when that lot play on the box.

5 of us going from Clitheroe on Saturday. 4 adults and 1 child train cost was £402.75 !! and 41/2 hours plus cost of taxi from station to ground. Driving now as i have done this before in easily 31/2 to 4 hours and their website says free parking

Ha. What's all this Manchester stuff!! To be fair in my experience when it comes to foreigners/southerners and geographically placing northern towns you start off by saying where you're from, then after being met by blank puzzled looks you say another town of equal or larger size near by that they may have heard of, after more blank puzzled stares, then you settle on just north of Manchester. I die a bit inside each time but we've all done it I'm sure.

North south banter aside think will be a tough game. By some miracle Michael Appleton (I did have to check if it was the same bloke or a component namesake) has got them firing whereas we are inexplicably turgid most weeks.

That said I'm looking forward to it 1000 tickets sold I'd be shocked and disappointed if didn't shift the other 500 in next few days. Makes for a decent cup tie. Please no upset though.

I tend to say "close to the Lake District". If it is a Japanese or Chinese person I say near to where Beatrix Potter lived. They all smile and say "how lovely".

Any reason why we didn't ask for a full 15% allocation, which is around 1900?

This is Blackburn Rovers.....remember Celtic away? I do recall at Celtic a certain Commercial Manager with 25 unused tickets on his person at the Celtic game.

I was being tongue in cheek. :) Apparently Oxford supporters are monitoring our communications

Poor sods, they should try following Abbey on Facebook and Twitter instead.

This is Blackburn Rovers.....remember Celtic away? I do recall at Celtic a certain Commercial Manager with 25 unused tickets on his person at the Celtic game.

Poor sods, they should try following Abbey on Facebook and Twitter instead.

Heard Abbey used to attend Oxford Uni so he knows the area quite well...

Won't be visiting their site, Really not too interested in what a lowly league 2 club thinks about Rovers,

Any reason why we didn't ask for a full 15% allocation, which is around 1900?

I don't know why, it seems that Oxford held back several hundred seats in the North Stand which only went on sale yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if these additional seats were originally going to be for us if we wanted the maximum number and then at some stage someone decided that we weren't going to have them and they sold them to Oxford fans instead.

Having said that I'm sure Swansea only got about 1,500 also, so perhaps its the 'health and safety' people at it again.

Come on chaps. They are a fair to middling lower league team with their sites on promotion; we should be able to beat the carrot crunchers if Lambo has them fired up.

I see a relatively easy victory.

As kong as Mercer doesn't say that we'll be alright.

Archived