BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have always had a pet hate for Steve Bruce and he is confirming that with his team selection today and his comments about removing replays.

Hope Hull either get hammered out of sight or a draw this afternoon....

And done with blatant disregard for the travelling Hull fans who will probably have spent the thick end of £100 today.

I trust every spelling and/or grammatical mistake will be getting flagged up then, or do you just reserve such treatment for selected users?

No. Selected lazy errors like "of" instead of "have" and "loose" instead of "lose". There is no need for it and it is irritating.

If Arsenal win the FA cup this year, they will be the first team in 130 years to win three consecutive FA cup trophies. Last team to do so was our very own Blackburn Rovers.

Yes, I was hoping Hull would do us a favour in the last minute.

I believe we are the only club to manage it, still in existence, and our prize at the time, was to be allowed to be the only team to put

our club badge on the corner flags.

I thought Chelsea would manage it a couple of times recently, but they fell at the last.

Can I just say it's not that West Ham are not good enough or glamorous enough. It's that I hate seeing Rovers lose and have had enough of their doing so in the league. A season ticket (or half season in my case) more or less obliges me to watch those defeats. Here I have a choice and, if it were up to me, I wouldn't be going this afternoon. My husband bought the tickets, so I'll be there but not looking forward to watching West Ham, the cheats, probably winning at Ewood again. Of course, it's the cup so who knows but I haven't forgiven them for the Tevez saga, for the goal that Jim allowed (I haven't truly forgiven him either, despite the fact that he and my cousin have been married a very long time now) or for having a stupid song. I hope we beat them but a large part of me thinks,"Here we go. Another defeat." There was a time I'd go to games against apparently better opposition with excitement. Now, even last year against Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, I attend with weary resignation. I go but knitting that fluffy dog coat seems a more exciting prospect.

Can I just say it's not that West Ham are not good enough or glamorous enough. It's that I hate seeing Rovers lose and have had enough of their doing so in the league. A season ticket (or half season in my case) more or less obliges me to watch those defeats. Here I have a choice and, if it were up to me, I wouldn't be going this afternoon. My husband bought the tickets, so I'll be there but not looking forward to watching West Ham, the cheats, probably winning at Ewood again. Of course, it's the cup so who knows but I haven't forgiven them for the Tevez saga, for the goal that Jim allowed (I haven't truly forgiven him either, despite the fact that he and my cousin have been married a very long time now) or for having a stupid song. I hope we beat them but a large part of me thinks,"Here we go. Another defeat." There was a time I'd go to games against apparently better opposition with excitement. Now, even last year against Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, I attend with weary resignation. I go but knitting that fluffy dog coat seems a more exciting prospect.

I can see where you're coming from and I hate seeing Rovers lose as much as you. But, we don't support Barcelona. .. To just go into every match expecting to win. If every fan had this chain of thought why would lower league clubs even bother playing bigger teams? Yes we may not always win but it's all part of supporting your club. We stick through defeats so we can cherish the good times even more. And, nobody is expecting us to beat them. So even if a extra thousand bodies being there encourages the players and gives them that little bit more, then it's worth it imo. All I can say is just hang in there and hopefully there'll be more victories than defeats and Rovers give us something to smile about :)

And I certainly hope the players don't go out there with this "Here we go. Another defeat" mentality.

They will be out there giving their all for that shirt and they'll need all the support they can get against quality opposition. COYB

Forget PL, they're all at it. Unless there was some sort of expiration date, we should be asking the FA for clarification and some remedial action. PL clubs shouldn't be exempt anyway but even League One teams are taking the proverbial.

preview.jpg?1363419272

preston-north-end.jpg

1422480367364_lc_galleryImage_Jan_28th_2

One of the few teams to actually respect the rule...

corner-flag-3---turf-moor.jpg

And, nobody is expecting us to beat them. So even if a extra thousand bodies being there encourages the players and gives them that little bit more, then it's worth it imo.

And I certainly hope the players don't go out there with this "Here we go. Another defeat" mentality.

Well Lambert claims he is and I hope West Ham have that mindset today. If they feel far too confident that may well be their downfall.

No, it's selective memory on account of the fact we are an unfashionable northern milltown club. Very easy to say that they (conveniently) "don't have any record of that". We had to hand back the FA Cup because the FA were borassic - maybe we should have refused.

In 100 years our PL title will be another "myth"...

Is that the Preston hairdresser co-commentating on the Chelsea v City match? Apparently for Hazard's clever free kick goal the direction was... "okay" (begrudgingly).

The direction was okay? It went in!

Is that the Preston hairdresser co-commentating on the Chelsea v City match? Apparently for Hazard's clever free kick goal the direction was... "okay" (begrudgingly).

The direction was okay? It went in!

It's Danny Murphy and yeah, no idea why he said it wasn't a good free kick - he knew exactly where he wanted to put it!

It's Danny Murphy and yeah, no idea why he said it wasn't a good free kick - he knew exactly where he wanted to put it!

Ah cheers.

Yes, he's learning well. He's just called Traore's flick on which landed flukily in the net: unorthodox and brilliant.

Plant pot.

Embarassing, thankfully they had 2 chalked off for offside because 7-1 could have seen him sacked.

Team was set up poorly and throughout game tactical changes made it even worse.

Steele - Said it when we signed him and will say it again, no where near good enough to be a number 1 and like so many other games was awful. Should of saved first one and although not a bad free kick , it was not hit that hard and im sure many other keepers would of saved it and done their homework as Payet scored a freekick just a couple of weeks ago on the same side.

Henley - Been awful all season, but Left-back???? Was struggling from first minute and was left on to suffer, im sure that has just about killed his confidence.

Ward - did ok

Duffy - had better games but certainly had worse ones.

Marshall- best player

Akpan - looked like he didnt want to be here, couldnt pass a parcel , then the genius Lambert moved him to the left which was last nail in coffin,

Lenihan - will get better with better players, huffed n puffed but had no outlet

Bennett - was he actually playing?

Conway - played on left and looks like a different player under lambert, certainly not got the fire he had.

Brown - tried his best but not good enough for this level, at least he put a shift in

Taylor - Wears his heart on sleeve, no complaints with bookings, but nothing more than a squad player.

Subs

Jackson - enough said

Watt - woeful

West Ham are a great side under Bilic, but this was a one off cup game and we threw it away before we crossed white line despite taking the lead.

A few more like this and Irvine will be made manager as Lambert says the right things but certainly has to take full rrsponsibility for that shambles

Embarassing, thankfully they had 2 chalked off for offside because 7-1 could have seen him sacked.

Team was set up poorly and throughout game tactical changes made it even worse.

Steele - Said it when we signed him and will say it again, no where near good enough to be a number 1 and like so many other games was awful. Should of saved first one and although not a bad free kick , it was not hit that hard and im sure many other keepers would of saved it and done their homework as Payet scored a freekick just a couple of weeks ago on the same side.

Henley - Been awful all season, but Left-back???? Was struggling from first minute and was left on to suffer, im sure that has just about killed his confidence.

Ward - did ok

Duffy - had better games but certainly had worse ones.

Marshall- best player

Akpan - looked like he didnt want to be here, couldnt pass a parcel , then the genius Lambert moved him to the left which was last nail in coffin,

Lenihan - will get better with better players, huffed n puffed but had no outlet

Bennett - was he actually playing?

Conway - played on left and looks like a different player under lambert, certainly not got the fire he had.

Brown - tried his best but not good enough for this level, at least he put a shift in

Taylor - Wears his heart on sleeve, no complaints with bookings, but nothing more than a squad player.

Subs

Jackson - enough said

Watt - woeful

West Ham are a great side under Bilic, but this was a one off cup game and we threw it away before we crossed white line despite taking the lead.

A few more like this and Irvine will be made manager as Lambert says the right things but certainly has to take full rrsponsibility for that shambles

Well Irvine as a replacement would make absolutely no sense.

Guess it might happen then.

I've just seen a shocking stat regarding FA cup TV selections. Manchester United's game tonight is their 50th consecutive televised FA cup game, they've had every game shown on TV including replays since 2005.

Not really surprising, is it? Any manure game is a banker to be on TV. Which is why a lot of lower league clubs wound love to draw Manu in the cup, considering the revenue the tie would generate.

Archived