BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are referring to my post I've never been in the woodwork to start with!

You are not on your own in looking with incredulity at our supporters reticence to turn up. But people have different levels of committment, different levels of income and different responses to the events of the last 5 years. I'm old enough to remember die-hard fans never setting foot in Ewood again after the 1960 Cup Final fiasco for example.

You can't criticise people for not attending or at least there is no point to it. You have to win them back by long-term results and performance.Football is not compulsory.

WHU are on a roll, their manager wants an FA Cup medal, he's got ambition and his team is doing well. It's impressive that they have sold out.

We might well get 11-12,000 Rovers fans on, probably a few more. I'm going as I want to see an upset (which, sadly it would be) and see us in the quarter final. This game would never see the stay-awayers come back - it's a bigger game for the opposition than it is for us. That's where we are?

My initial point was in relation to the constant asking for ticket sale numbers...then I moved onto the point about the lack of sales relating to the perceived standard of opposition...then the grammar police stepped in (if they are as picky with everybody, it's little wonder the site in general has turned into what it has). My initial point has sort of got lost however I suppose is the nature of things on here.

I would never judge anybody if they go, don't go and their reasons. However I do think (generally) that people would make more of an effort if we were playing Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea than West Ham.

If people said, I don't fancy it because it's only West Ham and on the box - fine. However when people come out with, I'm knitting my next door neighbours dog a pink fluffy jacket (obviously OTT but you get my point) and you have a fair idea they would be there if we were playing one of the previously mentioned clubs, it makes you wonder...

Anyway, that's me had my say on it for what it's worth...and there are probably a few posters on here who think that's worth jack all but hey-ho. 👍🏼

Well Ive rounded 6 of the family up who don't usually go.

Just hoping for some Cup magic, and although WHU aren't as big a draw as Liverpool they are a decent footballing side and certainly better than The Championship Fodder we see week in week out.

Disrespect your customer base, lose your customers.

Gates are built through consistent delivery of quality products and services, slowly gaining momentum, with continous improvement over a targeted time. Once your core is increased, feature games in both League and Cup will see a marked improvement in attendance. Word of mouth and personal recommendation being key. The nature of opposition helps, the nature of the occasion being much more important. West Ham have done their job selling out. Our pathetic results this year will reflect in the attendance of home fans, as will a lasting reflection on the Venkys. Build some trust. Loads of fans out there dying to come back home.

I'd love it if we beat West Ham. COYB.

http://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/attendances-average-attendances-1888-2013/?mobile=1

League gates.

I wish the Grammar Gestapo would give it a rest please. It is a football forum for football fans. (nice use of alliteration there Al) Many of us use I - phones which can be difficult to type with.

Providing the post is coherent why belittle somebody if they have mistakingly used there / their / they're as an example.

I wish the Grammar Gestapo would give it a rest please. It is a football forum for football fans. (nice use of alliteration there Al) Many of us use I - phones which can be difficult to type with.

Providing the post is coherent why belittle somebody if they have mistakingly used there / their / they're as an example.

*iPhones

• Backroom

*mistakenly ;)

Sorry can't agree David. Anyway I hate postings from phones. Use a laptop.

League Gates....fascinating.

My memory is going. What did happen 1985/6? Bobby Saxton etc? Gates down around 6,000 and then 10 years later 27,900. Just shows.

They are ....when it comes to Rovers :)

Reading stats back we seemed to get bigger gates in the 70's in a division below than in the early/mid eighties. Obviously it was a very hard economic time then and a lot of top div games played out in front of 10k or less so that needs to be considered. But still..

They are ....when it comes to Rovers :)

Reading stats back we seemed to get bigger gates in the 70's in a division below than in the early/mid eighties. Obviously it was a very hard economic time then and a lot of top div games played out in front of 10k or less so that needs to be considered. But still..

Rovers,Burnley,Bolton,PNE,Blackpool.....we're all much of the same when it comes to football crowd up and downs.

I'm sure the main factor has been lost. The clubs, including our own, have given little regard towards the FA Cup, just like the League Cup, over the last decade.

It's got to such a stage that even League One sides treat the FA Cup with reticence.

Is it little wonder that fans are reluctant to pay extra to see two 2nd string XI's go through the motions?

It's sad because the FA Cup was football but THE CLUBS have killed it through greed and lack of ambition

I'm sure the main factor has been lost. The clubs, including our own, have given little regard towards the FA Cup, just like the League Cup, over the last decade.

It's got to such a stage that even League One sides treat the FA Cup with reticence.

Is it little wonder that fans are reluctant to pay extra to see two 2nd string XI's go through the motions?

It's sad because the FA Cup was football but THE CLUBS have killed it through greed and lack of ambition

I don't really see how that can be applied to this situation though. Rovers haven't treated the FA Cup with reticence over the last couple of years. Certainly not since our relegation. Our exploits last season against Swansea, Stoke and Liverpool, the season before against Man City, and the season before that against Arsenal have given this club's supporters some fantastic recent experiences in the cup competition, and there's no reason to think we can't do the same to West Ham this time round and make it to the Quarter Finals. We haven't fielded weakened sides this season as we went to two League Two clubs and played virtually full strength teams to ensure we avoided an upset.

As for West Ham I anticipate they will field a strong team and treat this very seriously as they will be one of the favourites behind the usual suspects to go all the way.

£20 is outstanding value for money and the club should be applauded for that. Most League Two clubs charge that much or more.

I accept that for Rovers fans there isn't much of a novelty factor in watching a side like West Ham come to town when compared to Liverpool or United.

Then I think back to when we played Man City at Ewood a couple of seasons ago and there were something like 10,000 home fans on, then the week later we took 5,000 to the replay. Doesn't add up to me but I do think there is a mentality around Blackburn that it is perfectly acceptable to spend £30-50 on a 'day out' on an away day somewhere like Liverpool or Preston or Bolton, yet when its at Ewood £20 is considered too expensive and its a better idea to stay at home.

Wud of cud of shud of.

Yes, standards are definitely required, lest we end up like the movie Evolution.

*glamour

There you go Andy.

Gah! That'll teach me. I'm definitely blaming US spellchecker for that one!

Wud of cud of shud of.

Yes, standards are definitely required, lest we end up like the movie Evolution.

Gah! That'll teach me. I'm definitely blaming US spellchecker for that one!

It spreads a little color around !

Archived