BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Winning Football And/or Attractive Football

You've obviously been reading my posts, you've got the message, welcome to the club, glad to have you :tu:

No Gav. Really sorry, but I ain't joining your gang.

I really rated Allardyce, didn't rate ****, wanted Bowyer out and dared to believe we could recruit better. We are miles apart just now in our views on most things. I even thought Tyson Fury would win if you remember.

3 wins from 4. Saying positive comments following the about turn have been nauseating is a tad OTT.

Genuine question following your passionate arguing for a renewed call for the Raos to leave. Happier of late with their actions and decision making? (I'm no supporter of the owners before anything gets twisted, just asking).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't make sense. I'm sorry I had to to correct you.

Irregardless, i'm happy you're happy, it's been a while.

There's only you going on about him. Are you missing him?

There's numerous examples of you failing to use capitals and full stops. Your better than that?

Suggest you read the links you post to, although it's much funnier when you don't. :)

I wasn't fed up in the slightest under Big Sam. He made Dunny look like he was 21 again which was a joy to watch, he created a team spirit that had the likes of Diouf and Givet throwing their shirts into the crowd after every win against the odds, he made N'Zonzi into a terrific player and let's not forget very, very nearly signed Robert Lewandowski for us. Nope I totally agree with MattyBlue, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rovers under Big Sam.

Can't speak for other clubs, however 'the fans' makes it out as they speak with one voice, they certainly don't at Rovers and a majority (to my mind) were not 'fed up'.

Fans couldn't even enjoy a win against Wolves because Sam's negativity was draining the life out of them.

he created a team spirit that had the likes of Diouf and Givet throwing their shirts into the crowd after every win against the odds

Yes, Diouf, a scumbag who never should've donned the famous blue n' white halves.

Fans couldn't even enjoy a win against Wolves because Sam's negativity was draining the life out of them.

As I said, a minority didn't want him here, and plenty of them were booing. The majority were bemused at the booing.

You keep saying 'fans' like they are a collective with one opinion.

Must admit I find it sad as well. He's gone and he's not coming back. As I said on another thread he's already won as many games as Bowyer did this season.

I agree.

I backed GB for a very long time and yes I did change my mind on him.

People should be getting behind Lambert and deffo not getting on his back.

He has been very honest with the fans about the job ahead

As I said, a minority didn't want him here, and plenty of them were booing. The majority were bemused at the booing.

You keep saying 'fans' like they are a collective with one opinion.

Yes, I'm generalizing, I don't know the exact figures, but their unrest was palpable.

There's only you going on about him. Are you missing him?

petulant little comment there, but anyway......

Believe it or not there is a world away from this forum and in that world i meet(and am actually related to) fans that still haven't got over gb being replaced and they're very cynical about PL(for no reasonable reason) As i say though the longer our run of good form goes the quicker they will overcome their stubbornness and just enjoy being a fan again.

When Lambert was appointed, I did state my concern that some of Bowyer's staunchest supporters would be inclined to get on PL's back at the earliest opportunity.

Can't remember the exact term blueboy used in reply to my post, but it was a suggestion that it was all in my head or something haha.

Can you show me where people are 'getting on PL's back' simply because they liked GB? Otherwise it is obviously still all in your head.

Huddersfield Town have a new manager who had them playing gangnam style football or something.

The Terriers fans I work with seem to think it's the greatest thing ever and they will take the league by storm. Amazing, attractive, attacking, possession-dominating football. Yesterday they had 69% of the ball

Since his arrival at the club, they have P5 W1 D0 L4 F3 A10 . A brilliant return of 3 from 15 and a GD of -7.

(Admittedly he was only nominally in charge for the first match.)

Can you show me where people are 'getting on PL's back' simply because they liked GB? Otherwise it is obviously still all in your head.

Id like to see this, but all I actually see is one or two of the Bowyer out brigade gloating as if the decision they wanted was only possible with their opinions.

The fact remains that neither mystic meg or Derek Acorah on speed could've predicted Venkys would hire an actual manager, never mind 3 (Irvine and Kelly inc) and the difference that would make is already apparent as experienced heads know how to benefit from scenarios, playing well or not.

• Moderation Lead

Yeah but they did, and he's won from his first 4 games with the same squad Bowyer had.

That being said, we need to draw a line under the whole matter as its boring. Bowyer has gone and he isn't coming back.

Id like to see this, but all I actually see is one or two of the Bowyer out brigade gloating as if the decision they wanted was only possible with their opinions.

The fact remains that neither mystic meg or Derek Acorah on speed could've predicted Venkys would hire an actual manager, never mind 3 (Irvine and Kelly inc) and the difference that would make is already apparent as experienced heads know how to benefit from scenarios, playing well or not.

And that's all you see? Try harder.

And that's all you see? Try harder.

Why don't you and TJ quote someone whose taking pot shots at PL because they loved GB? Since I've seen none of it at all, just a few (as khod did) comparing w/l records after 4 games.

Yeah but they did, and he's won from his first 4 games with the same squad Bowyer had.

Will you be calling PL the C word in the football thread when we lose though? :)

Why don't you and TJ quote someone whose taking pot shots at PL because they loved GB? Since I've seen none of it at all, just a few (as khod did) comparing w/l records after 4 games.

Will you be calling PL the C word in the football thread when we lose though? :)

Why don't you simply rejoice in the fact that after 5 years we finally have a decent manager, which is what I thought we all wanted?

Some sour grapes on here and its pretty obvious. Last word on this from me.

Why don't you simply rejoice in the fact that after 5 years we finally have a decent manager, which is what I thought we all wanted?

Some sour grapes on here and its pretty obvious. Last word on this from me.

Where? That's the point. Where is the sour grapes?

I've done nothing but revel in the appointment 47er.

How exactly am i supposed to cut&paste a quote my brother(or some random rovers fan or work mate) tells me in person you silly chap(that is the "C word" your referring to isn't it)

• Moderation Lead

No need to be so mischievous! Lambert appears to know what he's doing so I doubt he'll get to that stage...

That being said, we need to draw a line under the whole matter as its boring. Bowyer has gone and he isn't coming back.

thas why the Bowyer thread needs re-opening, so people can be boring in there instead. The Bowyer Out Brigade need somewhere to feel righteous n stuff :)

Archived