BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Watt is out of contract in the summer and Conway signed an extension a month or two back. If Graham is good, there'll be something in place. The rest, well, not much quality there so it's great that they are out of contract isn't it?

Agreed Pedro, this is what we all wanted and expected when Lambert was appointed wasn't it?

I don't think Watt is out of contract in the summer and Conway signed an extension a month or two back. If Graham is good, there'll be something in place. The rest, well, not much quality there so it's great that they are out of contract isn't it?

Watt is a loan with an option isn't it? Fair dos with Conway. But even then, we have 12 outfield players on our books. We'd better hope that:

1) We stay up this season

2) The Rhodes money is all reinvested in the Summer (plus more)

3) That Lambert sticks around

4) That we can improve our squad for the first time in 5 years (despite that being an easier feat each year, we somehow still manage to downgrade) - despite giving none of our (pretty successful) youth players a look in.

Thing is no matter how good a finnisher Rhodes is we were never really in a position of getting promotion with the way we had to play to accommodate haveing him in our team .So I think something had to change and this maybe it I know it can be hard to take but pl has tryed with him this way and it clearly ain't working so we do it the lambert way and hope he knows better .

The goal this season is to stay up and try and do better next season. If no one else comes in its a big gamble.

In my lifetime Garner, Speedie, Newell, Shearer, Sutton, Gallacher, Jansen, Cole, Cruz, McCarthy, Bellamy, Yak, Rudy and Rhodes.

Probably missed some out on there. Also the worst two footballers are at the end of the list.

Don't know where to start with that post, I assume the point being made is that we've had better players than Rhodes or that goalscorers are not that hard to replace. Newell and Gallacher were nice players but not overly prolific. Cole cost 7m an eon ago and Shearer and Sutton each commanded respective British record transfer fees at the time!

In any event that's only fourteen strikers in the forty five years or so I've been watching us. Ill add Field and Crawford as well. Sixteen in 45 years. Yeah, they grow on trees!

The poor ones must number ten times that.

Agreed Pedro, this is what we all wanted and expected when Lambert was appointed wasn't it?

It certainly is. In that list, there has barely been a nice word said about any of them. We've all been pretty much pro-Kilgallon but when his chance came, he looked a liability. Spurr has lost a heck of a lot of pace and only Lenighan might be worth sticking with - but that's only because he's an unknown quantity. The rest, squad men at best.

Watt is a loan with an option isn't it? Fair dos with Conway. But even then, we have 12 outfield players on our books. We'd better hope that:

4) That we can improve our squad for the first time in 5 years (despite that being an easier feat each year, we somehow still manage to downgrade) - despite giving none of our (pretty successful) youth players a look in.

It's a similar situation to the start of this season I suppose. We bought some rubbish but the squad has certainly lost some more quality minus Rhodes and Olsson. Fingers crossed that it's the start of a new and brighter era.

I can't believe what I'm reading at times on here. We've posters saying that Rhodes record is poor because he's had a bad run of form and we've other posters saying that we should have faith in Graham because he scores 1 in 3 two years ago! Crimes.

Anyway... just for interest...

With Rhodes (3) leaving our squad in Summer 2016 looks like this:

Numbers in brackets are years left on contracts by the end of this season. Unless the Rhodes money stretches a long long way, we are in big trouble next season.

Steele 26 (2)

Raya 20 (2)

Hanley 24 (2)

Duffy 24 (1)

Ward 31 (2)

Henley 22 (1)

Lowe 24 (1)

Guthrie 29 (1)

Evans 26 (3)

Akpan 25 (1)

Marshall 25 (1)

Bennett 27 (2)

Out of Contract:

Eastwood

Kilgallon

Spurr

Lenihan

Petshi

Williamson

Taylor

Conway

Watt

Graham

Delfouneso

Jackson

Brown

Forrester

12 players on our books for 2016/17 and none of them are strikers.

The manager will have plans.

Don't know where to start with that post, I assume the point being made is that we've had better players than Rhodes or that goalscorers are not that hard to replace. Newell and Gallacher were nice players but not overly prolific. Cole cost 7m an eon ago and Shearer and Sutton each commanded respective British record transfer fees at the time!

In any event that's only fourteen strikers in the forty five years or so I've been watching us. Ill add Field and Crawford as well. Sixteen in 45 years. Yeah, they grow on trees!

You are making a mistake that they only stay for a year. We will have many more good goal scorers in our side in years to come.

You make a rather good and sobering post Stuart. I always scoffed at the suggestion that the owners would let us get in a position like Blackpool whereby we had four or five senior players left on the books and each season it would be a mad scrabble to get a few carlos kickabouts in on loan. We're getting that way aren't we. Only 6 players with more than one year left on their contract and one of those, Raya, never features.

Maybe we were never after McGeady and it's been Adam all along.

My ideal shopping list would be Wells, Pilkington, Adam and Galloway both on loan. Maybe chuck in Bradshaw as a development option.

Isn't Charlie Adam out for 5/6 weeks?

We also didn't really replace the better ones in that list. We actually got relegated.

Better bleedin' hope so.

At least I presume you are referring to Lambert and not Boro's manager! :unsure:

If our idiotic owners had any sense they would have let Bowyer sell Rhodes, cop the flak and leave new manager with clean slate.

I think it will prove to be right decision but pressure is well and truly on Lambert.

You make a rather good and sobering post Stuart. I always scoffed at the suggestion that the owners would let us get in a position like Blackpool whereby we had four or five senior players left on the books and each season it would be a mad scrabble to get a few carlos kickabouts in on loan. We're getting that way aren't we. Only 6 players with more than one year left on their contract and one of those, Raya, never features.

I fear we Will do a seaside special too .

The manager will have plans.

To disappear down the M6 at high speed at the end of the season?.

Can't get my head round the idea that this is actually what he signed up for when he took the job the way it is panning out.

It's doing his reputation no good at all as things stand. Probably thought he could get a tune out of the squad. Hasn't.

Don't blame him for that but still.

Can't get my head round the idea that this is actually what he signed up for when he took the job the way it is panning out.

It's doing his reputation no good at all as things stand. Probably thought he could get a tune out of the squad. Hasn't.

I honestly don't think he'd have brought in two very experienced coaches if was a planning to do one.

The sales and buys are HIS decision though...so yeah it is what he signed up for.

Archived