BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Derby County (Away) - 24Th February 2016 - 7.45 Ko

Funny. You would NEVER have laughed at Gaz.

To be honest Stuart, Lambert has really grown on me since the Oxford game and the way he handled Rhodes departure. But it really was stretching it a bit to say that we "peppered their goal". Graham had a decent effort and Marshall - head and shoulders the best player on the pitch hit a superb free-kick and, of course deep into injury time a header ran along the top of the crossbar. The performance didn't hit the same level as that at Middlesbrough or that against Fulham. Time to judge him will be in a couple of years down the line when, hopefully, we will be making serious progress in the right direction.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

To be honest Stuart, Lambert has really grown on me since the Oxford game and the way he handled Rhodes departure. But it really was stretching it a bit to say that we "peppered their goal". Graham had a decent effort and Marshall - head and shoulders the best player on the pitch hit a superb free-kick and, of course deep into injury time a header ran along the top of the crossbar. The performance didn't hit the same level as that at Middlesbrough or that against Fulham. Time to judge him will be in a couple of years down the line when, hopefully, we will be making serious progress in the right direction.

Great to have you back on here more regularly pal :)

Genuinely hope you are right.

Bowyer had to cope with two years of self-destruction but Lambert is having to turn around a further two years of mediocrity.

They stuck with Kean too long, they stuck with Bowyer a year too long. Let's hope they stick with Lambert long enough.

Glad you are back, Parson. Hope you stick around. Although we regularly clash, your insight is very welcome.

Got to feel sorry for Lambert a bit as he's swimming against the tide of misery that began to engulf the club 5 yrs ago. To be fair anyone who came/comes in will be up against exactly the same and so are any new players that come in. The state the clubs in isn't their fault but they have to carry the can from the off.

Nobody has seen the best of Rovers fans for absolutely years because the stuffing is well and truly wellied out of most and for anyone to turn it around is a massive task. Whilst the V's are here only a Birmingham style charge up the table or a massive statement of intent in the summer will get the fans going again.

my apologises for the punch comment, cos you didn't say punch BUT Actually said and I quoted

"Den I will accept it from but next home game come and tell me to my face to grow up !"

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30871-transfer-window-january-2016/?p=1610283

I like both you guys but damn would you stop it.

Lambert, I like most was happy when he came in. Soon there after I was disappointed, thinking we had a dud (Malky @Wigan style) but more recently I am encouraged by what I see. It will be a slow rebuilding process but if given time I think it will be a sound one. Hope we can be patient enough, alo g with those chicken people, to let him finish the job. there.seems to be a few mad at him for selling their hero and they seem to be focusing on negatives hopefully he.can get em swung around.

Archived