BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

I think with the addition of Ward and the loss of Olsson the defence is now weaker,

Bennet and Jackson aren't any better than Koita or O'sullivan from what I've seen, don't know why we are still wasting wages.

Then Graham and Watt won't be able to get as many as Rhodes between them. So I'd say we are weaker but least all these signings are 6month deals.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't see currently where goals are going to come from. Even if you're in the selling Rhodes was a good thing camp, it must concern you that none of those currently playing up top for us are goalscorers. Even if Rhodes wasn't scoring, you knew he could. Looking at what we have now, I don't see that they can. Now if midfield were improved and goals started appearing from there things might look different but it's getting late to get someone in who will make a difference there. I'm very pessimistic about this season now (and I was bad enough before). I just can't see how what we have is in any way, shape or form progress. Dress it up how you like but without goals you can't win.

Can we change names back from Blackburn Rhoders to Blackburn Rovers again soon please?

Can't believe the hysteria. Recruit a manager you trust, then trust in his decision making. It's always been this way.

Guess I'm a hater if I don't want Jordans babies and lots of them. Can put up with that especially if our TEAM improves however. Which is the only thing that matters.

Mani when you say you think PL has something lined up do you think he has for this current transfer window or do you think it will be the summer until he gets his replacement?

Time will tell if it's a good decision or not but it certainly isn't the end of Blackburn rovers which is what some fans are suggesting. Hate to mention Burnley but when they sold there best player Charlie Austin they invested the money and it made them a stronger all round team. We need to do the same just hope PL is given sufficient funds

I can't say I know what's on the table but I do have some insight as to how these things work...and a manager with the full backing of the owners (PL obviously has it) isn't going to unnecessarily leave himself exposed.

They won't say no either...I do know that

I still don't see currently where goals are going to come from. Even if you're in the selling Rhodes was a good thing camp, it must concern you that none of those currently playing up top for us are goalscorers. Even if Rhodes wasn't scoring, you knew he could. Looking at what we have now, I don't see that they can. Now if midfield were improved and goals started appearing from there things might look different but it's getting late to get someone in who will make a difference there. I'm very pessimistic about this season now (and I was bad enough before). I just can't see how what we have is in any way, shape or form progress. Dress it up how you like but without goals you can't win.

Right decision, wrong time Gumboots.

If we are going to replace Rhodes with a goal scoring midfielder or striker he must have been already lined up. Perhaps Lambert has anticipated this.

Strangely I don't feel devastated like I did when we sold Shearer.

The more I think about this the more I worry less. I think Watt and Graham between them will score the same amount of goals as Rhodes + any other striker we have. Loads of the deadwood are going in summer and Lambert must have 15m and a load of wages to spend. Assuming Venkys back him.

Probably nothing in this and just putting 2 & 2 together but Nixon has tweeted " big interest in macauley Bonne at Colchester, probably be leaving today" had a quick look at him and he has been at Norwich and now plays for Lamberts ex club Colchester. Hmmmmm

It will require significant investment to make up for Rhodes's loss and you're daft if you think otherwise. There's a reason Boro are willing to pay £11mill for him, and if it was that easy to find better they'd have just assembled a strike force like ours - one worth the square route of eff all - and saved some money. Tbf, I am being harsh there... Tony Watt is worth about £1mill... It's the rest of them that are worth naff all.

• Backroom

The more I think about this the more I worry less. I think Watt and Graham between them will score the same amount of goals as Rhodes + any other striker we have.

A lot of people are probably thinking the same, but it's a mistaken belief IMV. Watt's career stats suggest he's a 1/4 matches scorer at best. whilst Graham has been a busted flush since 2011. His Championship loans yielded 1 goal in 18 for Hull in 2013, and a combined 7 goals in 23 matches for Boro and Wolves.

As for the rest of our team, nobody's managed more than 2 goals this season.

We need a goalscorer to replace Rhodes or it's going to be a long, hard second half to the season which may well end in relegation due to our inability to score - or even have shots on goal, if current form continues.

Just might happen that he will score goals for them and we will be a better team.

Can't wait #teambrown whoop whoop

Abbey...

Grow up you big girls blouse.

Someone at Ewood has decided that he should be sold. Me and Chaddy weren't consulted.

Grow up ? Playing the hard man don't suit you

I don't think he is good enough for a team chasing promotion. But if we invest the money properly we will be a better team, it's a no brainier really.

Not good for a team chasing promotion ? Shhh best not tell the smoggies that then

A lot of people are probably thinking the same, but it's a mistaken belief IMV. Watt's career stats suggest he's a 1/4 matches scorer at best. whilst Graham has been a busted flush since 2011. His Championship loans yielded 1 goal in 18 for Hull in 2013, and a combined 7 goals in 23 matches for Boro and Wolves.

Well considering Graham played for Hull in the Premier League his Championship stats are 7 in 23 a whopping 3 less than Jordan this season in 2 less games. Awful record :huh:

Grow up Abbey.

We have opinions on football.

If you DONT like them then I just suggest you ignore my posts and posters who dont agree with you.

Nobody is hater at all or think he is Sh#t but having different opinions on football and how we want to play

Tell you what ... Try an original insult and stop copying other people you pillock . Den I will accept it from but next home game come and tell me to my face to grow up !

Wonder if you will get a warning for flaming and @#/? stirring you smug idiot .

You really are a pathetic .baby.. You ignore any difficult or awkward questions anyone asks you and then retort with schoolgirl snide sneaky comments and even then you lack the brains to insult on your own you have to copy someone else ..coward springs to mind.

Alan Nixon will be naming a couple of Lambert's targets in tomoz Sun paper

tomoz ???

Text talk is against the rules you know..but it's you so it's ok.

I didn't see Chaddy insult anybody, just voice his opinion on the matter

so "grow up" is not an insult? ok then

Tell you what ... Try an original insult and stop copying other people you pillock . Den I will accept it from but next home game come and tell me to my face to grow up !

You really are a pathetic .baby.. You ignore any difficult or awkward questions anyone asks you and then retort with schoolgirl snide sneaky comments and even then you lack the brains to insult on your own you have to copy someone else ..coward springs to mind.

I will ignored every post from you now.

I aint interested one bit in what you say to me

I didn't make any insults or trying to wind people up. I just give my Honest opinion but clearly you don't like me doing this

sneaky comments? Abbey that is all you ever do on here.

😂😂😂😂😂 fully grown man!!

My money's on Den and Chaddy btw...

Can we errrr...keep this thread on topic....maybe? Please?

Monday could be a very interesting day. Also going to be interesting listening to what Lambert has to say after the game today, whether he will drop one or two hints regarding on comings or not.

I reckon we will make 3 signings before the deadline.

striker, attacking midfielder and left back

What most people have missed (don't think I have seen it anywhere on the MB) this has removed the upward pressure on players wages,

i.e. players going to the boss saying he gets £35k a week for doing very little can have some more.

I know it has caused a little tension with the players for a while now.

ABBEY is right about Chaddy as well

I will ignored every post from now.

I aint interested one bit in what you say to me

I didn't make any insults or trying to wind people up. I just give my Honest opinion but clearly you don't like me doing this

100% bullstien

Total bafoon

Threatening him now are we? Get that your angry about Rhodes but Christ calm the hell Down

Archived