BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Derby County (Away) - 24Th February 2016 - 7.45 Ko

• Backroom

Only seen one or two sticking the knife in since we appointed him. Most of us have been quite level headed in simply saying we expected much more than we've seen to date. There's no getting away from the fact that results have been appalling.

I just hope he's got some decent players lined up for the summer because my God do we need 'em.

Indeed. It may have only been four months, but as a supposedly superior manager you'd still expect to see some progress by now. I don't think there's anything wrong with being honest and admitting the first few months of Lambert's tenure have been a massive disappointment.

Of course, assuming we stay up, we have to give him the summer to make further changes and go through a proper pre-season. There's not really any other choice, it's not like we can trust Venky's to appoint any better.

I do find it a little sad how expectations around here have fallen through the floor though. We're 19th in the Championship, we've won 7 games out of 31 this season, only scored 28 goals and people are saying it's okay because we're 8 points clear of the drop and have two games in hand.

Last season Bowyer was getting pilloried for having us in mid table. How long before fighting valiantly to stay in the division is seen as acceptable?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well, maybe we're getting better, we lost 2-0 last season.

I for one, would still much rather have Lambert than Bowyer, it's all about the owners in the summer market.

£10m needs spending at least, if not they may as well do one.

It better had be at least 10 million considering the recent sale and Lambert clearly believing Rhodes funds will be available.

Indeed. It may have only been four months, but as a supposedly superior manager you'd still expect to see some progress by now. I don't think there's anything wrong with being honest and admitting the first few months of Lambert's tenure have been a massive disappointment.

Last season Bowyer was getting pilloried for having us in mid table. How long before fighting valiantly to stay in the division is seen as acceptable?

Last season's squad was significantly better this. Gestede,King(rarely picked), Cairney. With Rhodes as well,I really think we should have been challenging for top 6.

Compare like with like eh? This is a poor squad PL inherited----Koita,Delfy? Certain to go down under Bowyer imo.

I think we will stay up under Lambert. Like it or not, that is now progress.

• Backroom

It's far from OK, but when we've sold all our best players without replacing them, expectations are bound to fall.

But every time our best players go, we'll supposedly be better off without them. When Gestede went, it meant Rhodes would get more opportunities to score. When Cairney went it was fine because he was rubbish anyway and never contributed anything. When Rhodes went it wasn't a problem because all he did was score goals and it's not like we need those.

The truth is that yes, we've sold our best players and it's made us worse, but Lambert was supposed to counteract that and give us some degree of improvement. As of yet, we've not seen it. Much like Bowyer dined off not being Kean for a long time, Lambert will benefit simply from not being GB for a fair period. I just hope that he gives us genuine reasons to believe in him beyond not being GB and a having a decent lower league CV, because if Lambert fails here I can't see us getting any better.

Last season's squad was significantly better this. Gestede,King(rarely picked), Cairney. With Rhodes as well,I really think we should have been challenging for top 6.

Compare like with like eh? This is a poor squad PL inherited----Koita,Delfy? Certain to go down under Bowyer imo.

I think we will stay up under Lambert. Like it or not, that is now progress.

Gestede, King, Rhodes & Cairney seem so far ahead in terms of quality compared to now.

Bowyer should have done so much better with that team.

Lambert doesn't inspire me at all - I'm beginning to think his success at Norwich was a fluke.

... and another thing.

Lambert needs grilling hard on why he rested key players on Sunday all for nothing except to disillusion the Blackburn public even further. .

That's if we had a local press that knew how to ask searching questions.

... and another thing.

Lambert needs grilling hard on why he rested key players on Sunday all for nothing except to disillusion the Blackburn public even further. .

That's if we had a local press that knew how to ask searching questions.

We need you to ask them! Certainly didn't give Simon Garner an easy ride LOL!

Jus got back to Leicestershire. We played well. Dead unlucky to lose overall. The scored an early goal, well struck from outside of area but resulting from sloppy marking. After that we slowly came into game. Graham , in particular, looked good. Held the ball up well, with good energy and got in and around them. Midfield form 25 mins in looked in control.

And man the chances!

The difference between the 2 sides was that 1 finish. Graham, Bennett and Marshall (x2) guilty of poor decision making when in excellent positions.

Drove home with 2 Derby fans and they felt we deserved to win the game.

Really impressed with work rate and pressing.

Lenihan and Evans played well, Grimes off pace, sadly ,but first game.

More reasons to be optimistic than not with performance, and while yes we didn't score, we really should have.

I counted 11 good chances to their 4.

Points Paul, points:

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-derby-county-paul-lambert-2972356.aspx

'Peppering their goal' seems to be pushing the truth having seen the highlights.

Cant really judge a game by a couple of minutes highlights on SS.

Much better watching the 10 mins highlights on Rovers player or the full match.

Jus got back to Leicestershire. We played well. Dead unlucky to lose overall. The scored an early goal, well struck from outside of area but resulting from sloppy marking. After that we slowly came into game. Graham , in particular, looked good. Held the ball up well, with good energy and got in and around them. Midfield form 25 mins in looked in control.

And man the chances!

The difference between the 2 sides was that 1 finish. Graham, Bennett and Marshall (x2) guilty of poor decision making when in excellent positions.

More reasons to be optimistic than not with performance, and while yes we didn't score, we really should have.

Good to hear from someone at the game to give a bit perspective on the game

And man the chances!

Thanks for that summary

Archived