BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though i voted leave(and would probably do so again) i also strongly think that there should be 55-45 percentage any closer and thrre should be a another vote at a later date(aprox a year later) when the vote's as tight as it was it just causes to much friction and un rest in society, but a win of at least 55% nobody could really argue with.

Even if was 50.000001% one way or other then that's a majority . Let's have best of thirty thousand .

Theresa May way ahead in the polling done by YouGov of Conservative members. If it's a choice of her or Boris as PM i am picking May every time.

The Tories are all cut from the same cloth, but no doubt about it some are worse than others.

Theresa May I believe is a decent woman, I think she has some compassion, but you always worry that a conservative woman in power will forever be striving to be that ***** Thatcher, very worrying.

Gove shocked me a while back with his modern approach to prisoners rights, very grown up attitude, but he took schools back to 50's with his draconian approach to education.

Boris was really well liked by Londoners i worked with for his time as London mayor, but he has no interest in anything north of Watford and he's a village idiot.

Best to have a Labour government I'd say :tu:

Boris pulls out after Gove knifes his second victim in the back. Wow.

Boris in his heart was a remainer but he saw an opportunity to do a coup on Cameron and take power so he went against his principles and campaigned for leave. But he has now lost it all, UK out of the EU and his political career badly damaged. Was it worth it Boris?

May vs Gove, May hopefully will get the win.

Labour could learn a thing or two about ruthlessness from the Tories. It's like a real life House of Cards at the moment.

That's a turn up for the books. Perhaps at heart he'd rather be a journalist - after all, he gets paid more writing for the Torygraph than he would as PM.

There's also a sense of relief - Johnson in Downing Street would have made this country a laughing stock. We don't need a Donald Trump on top of the chaos of the Brexit vote.

I don't know much about May as she stays under the radar most of the time. It will be interesting to see what she says - but she looks a cold hard woman in the Thatcher mould.

Gove I do not like.

Even though i voted leave(and would probably do so again) i also strongly think that there should be 55-45 percentage any closer and thrre should be a another vote at a later date(aprox a year later) when the vote's as tight as it was it just causes to much friction and un rest in society, but a win of at least 55% nobody could really argue with.

What if it was 46% remain 54% leave? Would remain win? That's hardly democratic is it?

She has one mission to remove Scotland from the UK. She knew full well what would happen as we all pointed out in this thread days ago, however she is seen to be on the big stage and the next line is going to be 'I have explored every angle and sadly the only way keep Scotland in the EU is to have another independance referendum and enter as an independant country'. Winning one is a different matter but she is 100% looking to have one and will use every trick in the book to get it.

Reminds me of a story about this guy called Nigel Farage. I assume you will join me in condemning him and his tricks, too.

The remain campaign looks a bit more silly with each passing day

Why ?

The current political chaos shows how gullible voters are believing the gung ho messages of hope from the Leave campaign. Johnson has realised he has created a colossal mess and has bailed out while he can.
Sadly the very voters that supported leave will suffer the most i.e. the elderly with wrecked pensions and those in post industrial regions such as east lancs where many job losses will occur as companies move to more competitive and stable countries in Europe ( like Poland!).

WAS THE RESULT NOT FAIR AND SQUARE?

Yes it was.

The point is the Leave campaign have been shown to have given the public inaccurate information and now are either going back on their promises or disappearing from the future they created.

In Johnson's case he didn't even believe in what he was saying - he was after the PM's job.

Reminds me of a story about this guy called Nigel Farage. I assume you will join me in condemning him and his tricks, too.

Except the UK does not need subsidies. Scotland independence is choice between the Barnet formula or Greek style austerity. No brainer really

Yes it was.

The point is the Leave campaign have been shown to have given the public inaccurate information.

As have the remain campaign.

The point is the Leave campaign have been shown to have given the public inaccurate information.

To be fair, the remain campaign did have almighty weight behind it with far too much rhetoric. You can't call one side without calling the other.

If the politicians had left it alone completely and not tried to sell it one way or another like a used car, perhaps we might have a more satisfied electorate.

Just leave it now and let it play out naturally.

As have the remain campaign.

Not so sure about that. Most of their predictions are taking place at present but I agree both sides could have done a much better job.

If either side had presented a good case the result would probably have been more decisive which would have been very desireable.

In Johnson's case he didn't even believe in what he was saying - he was after the PM's job.

Obviously not, but he'll have something up his sleeve will Boris.

Archived