BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Bank of England governor Mark Carney saying today that interest rates will have to be cut or more quantitative easing (money printing) will have to be undertaken this summer to counter the shock of Brexit.

Signs are the next MPC report will show a huge slowdown in the economy in the run-up to the vote and further curtailment of activity since because of the all the poltical and constittional uncertaintly.

A recession is quite likely.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness can anyone explain what we will be negotiating when or if Article 50 is triggered? I had thought it would be about trade deals etc. though have to say I found the thought confusing. We want to leave and have to negotiate the terms of leaving with 27 countries who won't allow us in the room? Once we trigger Brexit we are out so just what are we negotiating? The EU can surely tell us to go forth and multiply?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36678222#

Well, the post-referendum campaign of hatred and bile spewed forth by bitter Remainers seems to have done for Johnson. Wouldnt surprise me if he'd started getting death threats like the Labour pro-bombing MPs. Whether most of the country is with you or not, I bet politics can be an intimidating place when the darkly venomous left-wing lynch mob come after you.

Would be ironic if we ended up with Gove now, the very figure many in the mob had in their crosshairs before the EU took centre stage.

Tarzan rips in to Boris Johnson - listen to the whole piece:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677623

Met Tarzan at an MTTA dinner at the Connaught once, complete dork, MD of the company I was the guest off ripped in to him after his speech to the dinner guests, he was completely out of touch with the real world and manufacturing.

He used to own, perhaps still does, a string of magazines relevant to my industry. They are all still nonsense.

Well, the post-referendum campaign of hatred and bile spewed forth by bitter Remainers seems to have done for Johnson. Wouldnt surprise me if he'd started getting death threats like the Labour pro-bombing MPs. Whether most of the country is with you or not, I bet politics can be an intimidating place when the darkly venomous left-wing lynch mob come after you.

Would be ironic if we ended up with Gove now, the very figure many in the mob had in their crosshairs before the EU took centre stage.

Re the second paragraph I get the feeling Gove is just out to stop Johnson.

On the first paragraph how can a left wing lynch mob be responsible for right wing Tories destroying each other?

He used to own, perhaps still does, a string of magazines relevant to my industry. They are all still nonsense.

Re the second paragraph I get the feeling Gove is just out to stop Johnson.

On the first paragraph how can a left wing lynch mob be responsible for right wing Tories destroying each other?

That's why Johnson has quit? I'm pretty sure it's because the atmosphere throughout the country has turned utterly toxic thanks to the Remain reaction. I hear the usual nutjobs were in London today mobbing together to yell expletive-laden chants about Farage.

I'll be honest, many young politically left peoples' attitude to politics these days is frightening. Ignore democracy, start hate campaigns, preach about racism whilst ignoring anti-semitism, throw extreme insults whenever possibly and stage toxic demos whenever a different viewpoint wins out.

Johnson quit followed the launch of a rival bid for the leadership of the Conservative party by his former ally Michael Gove earlier in the morning. Gove turned on Johnson, saying he "could not provide the leadership or build the team for the task ahead". Johnson clearly didn't have as many friends in the Tory party he thought - so where's the "left-wing lynch mob"?

You need to have a shower, give yourself a rub down with the Daily Mail and have a good night's sleep. You might feel better in the morning. Alternatively, if you seriously believe the tripe you post, you need to see a doctor - a good one.

Left wing lynch mob? doesn't make sense in this context?

Murdoch and Dacre are probably backing Gove not Boris, simple as that really.

Now that doesn't mean Gove will get the gig, as they'll have more than 1 runner in the race, but its clear they never wanted Boris and he's fallen at the first hurdle.

On a side note:

I keep hearing MP's talking about how hard they campaigned for Leave/remain, up and down the country, I've yet to talk to anyone who had a knock on the door from an MP? anyone?

i sincerely hope that is the last we see of Boris Johnson in public life for a very long time. People always doubted he was a serious politician and that has proven to be the case.

You have to hand it to him in one respect though - it's quite an achievement to blow up the country and blow up your political career in the space of one week.

I only wish that he'd done the latter before attempting the former.

He was doomed from the moment Cameron stepped down without triggering article 50.

Scenario 1 - Johnson becomes PM, doesn't invoke 50 - the rabid right would string him up.

Scenario 2 - Johnson becomes PM, invokes 50 and presides over a recession - game over for him.

Scenario 3 - Johnson doesn't run for PM, becomes a political irrelevance and disappears from view - the rabid right blame the loony left, as is their wont.

• Moderation Lead

I'm afraid that just isn't true. Gove has stabbed him in the back and that's why he's done for. I doubt very much that Boris Johnson is bothered enough by criticism from anybody, never mind those on the other end of the political spectrum. I posted a link to a leaked email yesterday that gives a bit of background. Ribble Valley Rover also posted a link to another piece on the subject.

• Backroom

He was doomed from the moment Cameron stepped down without triggering article 50.

Scenario 1 - Johnson becomes PM, doesn't invoke 50 - the rabid right would string him up.

Scenario 2 - Johnson becomes PM, invokes 50 and presides over a recession - game over for him.

Scenario 3 - Johnson doesn't run for PM, becomes a political irrelevance and disappears from view - the rabid right blame the loony left, as is their wont.

Bob on.

Bob on.

Except for the extreme language, helps no one going forward

• Backroom

Johnson never wanted to leave the EU. He fully expected a Remain vote and I imagine was horrified when he saw the actual result. The only reason he was campaigning for Leave was so that in future elections he could say he tried to fight for the British people's right to sovereignty or some other nonsense. He only has himself to blame for betraying his principles.

As for Gove, other than the likes of Farage I can't think of anybody less suited to be Prime Minister. A total charisma vacuum.

Johnson never wanted to leave the EU. He fully expected a Remain vote and I imagine was horrified when he saw the actual result. The only reason he was campaigning for Leave was so that in future elections he could say he tried to fight for the British people's right to sovereignty or some other nonsense. He only has himself to blame for betraying his principles.

As for Gove, other than the likes of Farage I can't think of anybody less suited to be Prime Minister. A total charisma vacuum.

Blair had "charisma"

:wacko:

The Boy George using the referendum as a get out of jail card

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36684452

Hope the new PM sacks him

• Backroom

Blair had "charisma"

:wacko:

The Boy George using the referendum as a get out of jail card

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36684452

Hope the new PM sacks him

My point wasn't that charisma is the only requirement, but as far as leaders go it's needed to some degree. An election featuring Gove on one side and Corbyn on the other would see a very weak voting turnout imo.

Archived