BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

I love Europe. I like many of our European neighbours, I like their food and their drink.

I just detest the EU and the corrupt non elected snobbish elite who try and rule us whilst wasting our money on their gravy train. I have seen it at both the Euroean Parliament in Brussels and when I spoke at the Parliament meeting in Strasbourg.

If Cameron had got a deal I may have voted differently; instead he came back with lies and a smoke screen.....he should get a job in PR at the Rovers.

The public went to the polls with lots of misleading info in their heads ......some democracy to build on for the future.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's probably true Baz but unfortunately Jarvis and Johnson have ruled themselves out and Burnham is hoping to stand for Mayor of Greater Manchester. Not sure about Benn.

Benn is the one I would go for, articulate and intelligent, suprisingly not to extreme

Burnham hasn't said a word on all this. He's a slimy scouser trying to get the Manchester mayors job. Keeping very quiet. He's no chance by the way of getting elected with that accent

Benn it is then

Many of you disagree, you want him out by any means possible, but nobody has put forward an alternative name to replace him? so I'd be interested to know peoples views on [his] successor?

Is this the Boywer thread from 2014?

Gav,

Hilary Benn

Dan Jarvis

Andy Burham

Alan Johnson

All better chances of getting the party united and elected than Corbyn

You know what Baz I like Alan Johnson but he's no interest in being leader.

Jarvis I don't know to much about but he's ruled himself out.

Hilary Benn was the real reason the remain campaign was a disaster from a Labour perspective, because contrary to popular belief if was Benn that ran the campaign not Corbyn.

Do any of those offer anything different than any other Labour leader that's failed to get elected? I don't think they do, but appreciate the names to add to the debate.

Is this the Boywer thread from 2014?

Very good Staurt, made me laugh out loud that one, spot on.

Accidentally sent from Goves wife to a member of the public, who then took it directly to sky news.......but they don't comment on private emails. Hilarious.

Even better if Boris was to retort with a press release to say he couldn't possibly risk appointing anyone whos family could accidentally send private emails to members of the public, as its a massive security risk.

That's probably true Baz but unfortunately Jarvis and Johnson have ruled themselves out and Burnham is hoping to stand for Mayor of Greater Manchester. Not sure about Benn.

Didn't know about Jarvis and Johnson. Burnham was going for Mayor as a way of trying to gain exposure in a senior role, keeping his distance from Corbyn, whilst staying in the shadow cabinet.

Then again if/once Corbyn exits, it may change their opinions on whether to run. Burham wouldn't run vs Corbyn, but if Corbyn goes, he might have a change of heart.

I see that Ms Sturgeon has had a bit of a reality check. She needs to stop believing her own hype.

She has one mission to remove Scotland from the UK. She knew full well what would happen as we all pointed out in this thread days ago, however she is seen to be on the big stage and the next line is going to be 'I have explored every angle and sadly the only way keep Scotland in the EU is to have another independance referendum and enter as an independant country'. Winning one is a different matter but she is 100% looking to have one and will use every trick in the book to get it.

Im not asking for a rerun. I do think beforehand the bar for leaving should have been a 55-45. That way there could have been no argument and both sides would have had to mobilise their support. As i said, its too late to do anything now. We have to live with the choice thats been made. Im gutted by it and scared of the consequences of it but im working on accepting it and havent joined the lets go for a rerun brigade.

Even though i voted leave(and would probably do so again) i also strongly think that there should be 55-45 percentage any closer and thrre should be a another vote at a later date(aprox a year later) when the vote's as tight as it was it just causes to much friction and un rest in society, but a win of at least 55% nobody could really argue with.

• Moderation Lead

Theresa May way ahead in the polling done by YouGov of Conservative members. If it's a choice of her or Boris as PM i am picking May every time.

It's not much of a choice though to be honest.....A nasty bint or a 'charming court jester'...... :blink:

I've been thinking about the reaction to this vote, it's been pretty volatile to say the least.

Well, have a look at what happened in Aus in 1975.

The Queens representative actually sacked an elected government.

I won't post any links, but google Australia 1975 Dismissal and see who was involved.

Now that's a constitutional crisis.

(edit) I should say look at the wikipedia article.

All I would say is, that formed my life view of right wing politics. Born to rule and buggar the consequences.

Archived