BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

And May is hated by the police!

Police Federation yes, rank and file Police Officers I don't believe that's the case.

I've watched a few of her speeches to the Police Federation and she pulls no punches with them. I'll never forget that moment when she told them she had been through their books and noticed all the holiday homes, retirement payments, clothing allowance and various other payments that they had been giving to officers and at the same time bollocking them for not meeting her reform targets.

She's a formidable woman, you don't last 6 years in the Home Office probably the most poison chalice of a job in government which has ended many a career if you don't have something about you.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If May gets a huge lead in the first ballot on Tuesday it wouldn't surprise me if the other contenders decide to pull out and which mean that May could become the PM as early as next week. Might be best for the country actually that it gets resolved quickly.

How many of us in this country get to vote for or against her ?

How many of us in this country get to vote for or against her ?

Parliamentary party till its down to 2 then party members vote between those 2. If you want to vote, join the Tory party.

In my case id vote for her, not because i like her, but because she is not Gove.

Can i add im not a member of any political party, nor have i ever been.

Parliamentary party till its down to 2 then party members vote between those 2. If you want to vote, join the Tory party.

In my case id vote for her, not because i like her, but because she is not Gove.

Don't most elections boil down to picking the lesser of two evils?

When's the opposite view being done

Ah of course - crossed wires, sorry, thought we were just referring to the EU.

Turkey is another that does not allow dual citizenship. I know Malaysia is definitely another. But there are far more that do allow dual citizenship than don't. Wonder what the pros and cons are...

There are more options to it, some countries allow dual passports and not dual nationality.

India and China do not allow either

Though the Tory party temporarily closed for membership applications this week over concerns of people signing up for a stop Bojo vote.

IIRC you have to be a Conservative Party member for 3 months to get a vote. Though I could be wrong.

By the way it's totally possible that May could easily win the MP vote but lose the membership vote as they might really want a brexiter. Then we could have a similar situation as Corbyn and Labour, membership wants him/her but the MP's don't.

It looks like it could be May vs Leadsom with Andrea '£350m' Leadsom winning the membership vote.

A estimated 30,000 middle aged, middle class southerners attended a rally today in London to protest about the democratic vote to leave EU.

Protesters are using their democratic right to protest against democracy, democracy only when it suits it seems.

I voted to remain, but all these 2nd petitions and protests are wrong. The choice was offered to the people, a majority voted out. The decision is made. It may not be what you wanted, you may think it is dangerous and Farage is a frog faced freeloading waste of sperm but it is democracy. We have to get on with it and make the best of where we are.

Police Federation yes, rank and file Police Officers I don't believe that's the case.

I've watched a few of her speeches to the Police Federation and she pulls no punches with them. I'll never forget that moment when she told them she had been through their books and noticed all the holiday homes, retirement payments, clothing allowance and various other payments that they had been giving to officers and at the same time bollocking them for not meeting her reform targets.

She's a formidable woman, you don't last 6 years in the Home Office probably the most poison chalice of a job in government which has ended many a career if you don't have something about you.

No, pretty much all police hate her. My sister is a PC here in Coventry and her pension has been savaged about 12 years into her job. She has made their jobs more difficult in various ways as well. I'd have to talk to her to really get how this is the case, but I can say that she and most of the people she works with hate May.

I voted to remain, but all these 2nd petitions and protests are wrong. The choice was offered to the people, a majority voted out. The decision is made. It may not be what you wanted, you may think it is dangerous and Farage is a frog faced freeloading waste of sperm but it is democracy. We have to get on with it and make the best of where we are.

Perfect description of Sepp Juncker

No, pretty much all police hate her. My sister is a PC here in Coventry and her pension has been savaged about 12 years into her job. She has made their jobs more difficult in various ways as well. I'd have to talk to her to really get how this is the case, but I can say that she and most of the people she works with hate May.

Absolutely no sympathy for the police myself, although I'm sure your sister is a great copper, the whole profession is corrupt from top to bottom.

Sadly the good ones are dragged down by the bad, what happened at Hillsborough, Steven Lawrence, Birmingham pub, Bridgewater 4, miners etc etc is a national disgrace and most of those bent coppers are sitting on very lucrative pensions, its disgusting.

Ive no love for Theresa May but she has tried to champion employing more women and ethnic minorities which can only be a good thing, but you have to ask why she needs to intervene in 2016? somethings institutionally wrong in the police force in this country.

• Backroom

Indeed so. I was against the idea of a referendum in general, as the vast majority of the public have got nowhere near the necessary information to make such an important decision. Political parties are elected precisely to make these types of decisions for us, in theory because they have far more knowledge of what is at stake and have greater awareness of the likely outcomes of such decisions. A bad situation was then compounded by both the Remain and Leave camp spouting nonsense and leaving the public utterly confused. Quite frankly, the whole thing was a shambles, but what's done is done. It's up to those politicians who backed Leave to step up and prove their worth, as I think things will turn quite nasty if the country is seriously damaged by this Brexit vote.

Are you combining Sepp Blatter with Junker the EU president? That Mr. Junker doesn't look like a frog at all, I'd describe him as Louis Walsh's older, tired and bored brother.

I was referring to his to his dodgy side, the FBI should investigate him like they did Blatter

A estimated 30,000 middle aged, middle class southerners attended a rally today in London to protest about the democratic vote to leave EU.

Protesters are using their democratic right to protest against democracy, democracy only when it suits it seems.

It's always the @#/? Southerners. The wet lettuces don't have any other hobbies other than moaning. Got nothing better to do on a Saturday

I'm afraid most pension funds are in a similar state. The police have had too cushy a pension arrangement for many years now and it needed sorting out. Some of the other reforms to police pay and conditions have been fairly draconian and short sighted though, I'll grant you that.

I'm afraid most pension funds are in a similar state. The police have had too cushy a pension arrangement for many years now and it needed sorting out.

Its an attack on the people that serve us army, police etc., question we should be asking is why do these people not receive the financial recognition that they should be getting.

How do we build a secure future ?

I was against the idea of a referendum in general, as the vast majority of the public have got nowhere near the necessary information to make such an important decision. Political parties are elected precisely to make these types of decisions for us, in theory because they have far more knowledge of what is at stake and have greater awareness of the likely outcomes of such decisions.

Spot on and exactly what I thought as soon as the referendum was announced.

I asked a woman for a date last week. Before she answered, she asked 'Did you vote in or out?' When I said 'Out', she said 'Well no then'.

Bloody teachers!

*edit* sorry gumboots.

They're usually bonkers in my experience, you probably dodged a bullet pal :tu:

(Not that I ask many teachers out myself........ debs, debs, no no I was just saying to MCM...........)

I asked a woman for a date last week. Before she answered, she asked 'Did you vote in or out?' When I said 'Out', she said 'Well no then'.

Bloody teachers!

A highly principled lady - good for her.

If May becomes PM, I would guess it becomes odds on that the 30 Tory MPs will get charged with election fraud. The police are not going to forgive May for many of the things she has done and most certainly won't trust her in no 10.

Archived