BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

So has mine too Al. But that reflects what's in it. I have shares in 4 companies, 2 of them pharmaceuticals, 1 my former utility employer and 1 a finance demutualisation and some other investments. The pharmaceuticals have gone up considerably as they have precious little to do with the UK economy, the utility has gone up as it's a natural share to buy in unsettled times and the finance one has gone down.

I reckon there's at least 100 in mine, o2g, some UK and to a lesser degree some overseas. I know there was a fair bit of movement (buying and selling) prior to the vote but so far, so good.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with no criteria for negotiating leaving, nobody effectively in power for doing it, and nobody sure how we do it, how do you suggest we move on?

The inertia is from the politicians. It shows the calibre of those voted to govern (on both sides of this debate and of the house).

The vote of people at the next general election should now be to say "How did you react and act when the Brexit issue took hold", and make their assessment based on that.

It would seem, however, 'boots, that those that really matter (the market) has started to shake off the nervousness and got back to realising that the world has not come to an end.

If it does concern you, and perhaps it should, then get on the phone to your local member and tell them to pull their finger out and start earning their money.

Yet more bad loser sour grapes. If it had been 51% remain there wouldn't have been a squeak from you. You really are unbelievable as well as undemocratic.

Id have been very concerned if it had been 51% remain too. Thing is that wouldnt have brought about the huge uncertainty and upheaval were going through now as wed have been in for the immediately foreseeable future as it would have been a vote, just, for no change yet. As i said, i havent shouted for a rerun or anything of that kind. Id just like to see a practical way forward and to know whats hapoening. At the moment i see turmoil and that is not good for any part of our society except those who seek to foment unrest for their own aims and purposes

Yes.

I understand your views about party democracy but you have to be pragmatic - the party is in danger of imploding and could well disappear as a political force.

The Party hasn't been a political force for 10yrs or more Jim and regardless of who is leader won't be for another 10yrs at least.

Interesting poll taken 3 days ago, Corbyn would poll better than Miliband did at the last general election, so to oust the guy against the wishes of the membership is not only undemocratic it's ill thought out.

The inertia is from the politicians. It shows the calibre of those voted to govern (on both sides of this debate and of the house).

The vote of people at the next general election should now be to say "How did you react and act when the Brexit issue took hold", and make their assessment based on that.

It would seem, however, 'boots, that those that really matter (the market) has started to shake off the nervousness and got back to realising that the world has not come to an end.

If it does concern you, and perhaps it should, then get on the phone to your local member and tell them to pull their finger out and start earning their money.

My mp is nigel evans,hoping to restore his political career on the back of the leave vote but as devoid of any idea what to do next as the next politician. Hes no more likely to have an idea as to how to proceed than i have. He wasnt really wanted here when he first came, looked to be doing an ok job but then came all that court case and since winning that he has become increasingly arrogant and distant from his constituents.

179, or 81% of all MPs - all with possibly tens of thousands of labour votes behind them - have refused to sit in his shadow cabinet and told Corbyn to go. How more democratic could that be?

Cameron's just made him look foolish again in PMQs. He told him that if he believed that he'd tried hard in the referendum, he would hate to see him not trying. He finished by saying " while its in the best interests of my party for you to stay in your seat, for gods sake man, go"

That's how bad it is.

My mp is nigel evans,hoping to restore his political career on the back of the leave vote but as devoid of any idea what to do next as the next politician. Hes no more likely to have an idea as to how to proceed than i have. He wasnt really wanted here when he first came, looked to be doing an ok job but then came all that court case and since winning that he has become increasingly arrogant and distant from his constituents.

If I could give you an example of "people power" or more particularly, one person power:

About 40 or so years ago we, in NSW were experiencing power outages.

The first of which occurred one night about 8.30. My next door neighbour was an elderly lady, living on her own. These outages were random, so it hit when it did. It caused her some concern.

At he time I was working for a major bank with offices in the CBD, looking straight up at the NSW parliament. On night two of these outages, all the lights in the city were burning bright, Parliamentary buildings lit up like Blackpool illuninations.

To put it mildly, I was p'd off.

I rang my local member there and then and really ripped into him. The next night, it was almost lights out, enough for security and safety, parliamentary buildings lit up by office light only.

So, if you want things done, hound you local member, they are paid to do your will, to an extent. When it's obvious there's a problem, they should be leaping into action, but sometimes, they need to be encouraged to jump.

The Party hasn't been a political force for 10yrs or more Jim and regardless of who is leader won't be for another 10yrs at least.

Interesting poll taken 3 days ago, Corbyn would poll better than Miliband did at the last general election, so to oust the guy against the wishes of the membership is not only undemocratic it's ill thought out.

Minor point Gav but if there's one thing I've learned in the last 15 months it's that polling companies don't do a good enough job of capturing reality! Might as well use a magic 8 ball.

With you on the question of who would replace him. He crushed everybody less than a year ago - so who comes in who inspires the masses?

What's done is done.

Just get on with it and move forward.

Dave, I think there is room for both options. I've already planned contingencies for my own personal plans, which heavily rely on free movement within the EU. However, people have the right to campaign and protest against what has happened, as long as it is done peacefully and legally. Sadly, social media and the internet in general means that people have already faltered, but you can say the same has happened on both sides. The Leavers have a minority of racists prats who end up representing their side, and the Remainers have a minority of righteous insulting big-heads who represent their side. That's just how each side sees each other, but neither are truly representative.

I'm gutted at the result. The more people tell me to just get on with it (which is what I've been doing in any case), the more I'm inclined to think that they're worried that this thing actually might not happen, and the more I'll believe that this referendum can be campaigned against. I'll have the capacity to move onward and forward, should we actually leave, but I'll be fighting against it in whatever legitimate way I can.

This referendum has been terrible for the country in the sense of how it was run. We have been put through the mill with negative (Remain) and deceitful (Leave) campaigns. I said this before the result when it looked like a Remain victory, and it is still entirely accurate.

Minor point Gav but if there's one thing I've learned in the last 15 months it's that polling companies don't do a good enough job of capturing reality! Might as well use a magic 8 ball.

With you on the question of who would replace him. He crushed everybody less than a year ago - so who comes in who inspires the masses?

The Labour party just shoot themselves in the foot over and over again bellamy11 and I take you point on the polls.

Labour MP's tried to oust Brown, Miliband and now Corbyn, so in essence they themselves have destroyed any possibility of the party being elected, not Corbyn.

Democracy isn't served by 170 labour MP's who try to oust a leader once every couple of years, its served by the party membership.

If anti-Corbyn feeling is running so high, people doing the shouting should join the party and vote him out, its dead simple.

The membership will quickly dwindle if Labour becomes an unelectable fringe party like the Lib Dems.

Things change very quickly in politics Gav. The Tories are shifting farther and farther right; Labour can win the next election on a centre left ticket with the right leader.

The membership will quickly dwindle if Labour becomes an unelectable fringe party like the Lib Dems.

Things change very quickly in politics Gav. The Tories are shifting farther and farther right; Labour can win the next election on a centre left ticket with the right leader.

Who Jim?

170 MP's can't even come up with a viable alternative....

Does anyone think that Brexit is actually going to go ahead? Cos I don't. Article 50 should have already been activated . . .

The elite in control are not going to give up on their plan for an EU Superstate that includes the UK. They are just playing for time whilst the massive media propaganda machine rolls on. . . .

Dan Turner or Andy Burnham both strike me as decent options in terms of hitting the spot with the public (military and Hillsborough respectively).

You mean Dan Jarvis?

Andy Burnham changes his mind depending which way the wind blows, he abstained on welfare cuts, which for me goes against everything the Labour Party is in opposition to do, he was hammered last time around by JC also.

But thats 2 names Mike which is more than most have put forward.

The SNP are pushing to be the official opposition party, the Queen of Scott's is coming after you Jim

Does anyone think that Brexit is actually going to go ahead? Cos I don't. Article 50 should have already been activated . . .

The elite in control are not going to give up on their plan for an EU Superstate that includes the UK. They are just playing for time whilst the massive media propaganda machine rolls on. . . .

It will be but with no written constitution we have no set mechanism for doing it so they can play pass the buck for a while

It will be but with no written constitution we have no set mechanism for doing it so they can play pass the buck for a while

Call me Dave's stitch up for Johnson and Gove, "ok you got what you wanted, now put your name on it"

• Moderation Lead

Call me Dave's stitch up for Johnson and Gove, "ok you got what you wanted, now put your name on it"

To be fair, there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan from either side. Someone needs to grow a pair and take responsibility. We've voted out now, the blame game is pointless.

These goons couldn't run a bath.

To be fair, there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan from either side. Someone needs to grow a pair and take responsibility. We've voted out now, the blame game is pointless.

These goons couldn't run a bath.

And to be doubly fair :). The remain camp told the country it would be taking a huge leap into the dark - which the leave camp denied. Another one they got right?

And to be doubly fair :). The remain camp told the country it would be taking a huge leap into the dark - which the leave camp denied. Another one they got right?

Just shows how much faith people have in politicians these days

Archived