BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Interested to discover two of my sons have started to look at taking out EU passports as they qualify for dual citizenship.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested to discover two of my sons have started to look at taking out EU passports as they qualify for dual citizenship.

They are lucky to be in the UK then, some countries don't allow dual nationality

They are lucky to be in the UK then, some countries don't allow dual nationality

As far as EU countries are concerned, there's only one or two that don't allow dual citizenship (Bulgaria is one). So it's not that lucky, because it's normal.

I told you my daughter has already applied for German citizenship and is now getting British passports for her kids as well as the German ones they already have

As far as EU countries are concerned, there's only one or two that don't allow dual citizenship (Bulgaria is one). So it's not that lucky, because it's normal.

EU 28 countries, rest of world 168

What's good for Steve Kean's Hypnotoad is good for me :)

pantomime season started early I see

i sincerely hope that is the last we see of Boris Johnson in public life for a very long time. People always doubted he was a serious politician and that has proven to be the case.

But most were claiming he's some kind of sly mastermind.

I always thought he was an entertaining buffoon.

Anyway, it looks like the people want Thatcher Mk11 . . so here we go full circle again . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1uMUTt8B8

Johnson is orders of magnitude more intelligent than any of the amateur politicians on here, including me. It's about the same level of bogus absurdity people with our political knowledge slagging off Johnson as it was was people of Rovers fans football ability slagging off the likes of Andrews.

And before anyone says, of course we can have an opinion. It'd just be nice, nay display some sane grip on reality, to qualify it in some sense. Boris would do a million times better job of running the country than some of his comical critics on here.

i sincerely hope that is the last we see of Boris Johnson in public life for a very long time. People always doubted he was a serious politician and that has proven to be the case.

You have to hand it to him in one respect though - it's quite an achievement to blow up the country and blow up your political career in the space of one week.

I only wish that he'd done the latter before attempting the former.

I suspect he'll be back when the time is right.

Anyway jim, time to move on. Make a start by sorting your own party out.

Boris is a serious politician in that he knows what he wants and is prepared to go against what he feels is right to achieve it. However, a serious contender to lead the country? That he shouldn't be. However, nor should Gove and he's looking like he might be!

And the endless parade of old Etonian scum

Line the front benches so what is to be done?

All part of the same establishment

I ask you again what is to be done?

Manic Street Preachers - 30 Years War

At least with Johnson's departure we've been spared another Old Etonian @#/? in Downing Street.

Blair had "charisma"

:wacko:The Boy George using the referendum as a get out of jail card

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36684452

Hope the new PM sacks him

George trying to find a good day to bury bad news again, surprisingly it's now Brexits fault, not the Labour Party.

He should go, because he has failed to hit any of his self-imposed financial targets, especially since the Tories won the GE.

Anyway, glad things are quiet on the political front, as Chilcot is due out next week.

Johnson is orders of magnitude more intelligent than any of the amateur politicians on here, including me. It's about the same level of bogus absurdity people with our political knowledge slagging off Johnson as it was was people of Rovers fans football ability slagging off the likes of Andrews.

And before anyone says, of course we can have an opinion. It'd just be nice, nay display some sane grip on reality, to qualify it in some sense. Boris would do a million times better job of running the country than some of his comical critics on here.

BoJo is a joke, the right wing, to whom he helped deliver their greatest prize a week ago, can see that.

I was looking forward to seeing him in power, as although the guy is genuinely funny, he doesn't appear to have set opinions, and also has said some pretty distasteful stuff in the past, that a competent opposition would use against him.

Im now backing Gove, as he doesn't even have the likeability factor, and is already hated by the teaching profession.

And the endless parade of old Etonian scum

Line the front benches so what is to be done?

All part of the same establishment

I ask you again what is to be done?

Manic Street Preachers - 30 Years War

At least with Johnson's departure we've been spared another Old Etonian @#/? in Downing Street.

"What a catalyst you turned out to be,

Loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea"

The Eton Rifles, The Jam.

Just as true in 2016 as it was when it was written in 1979, and that couplet above could have been written about Boris himself.

• Backroom

BoJo is a joke, the right wing, to whom he helped deliver their greatest prize a week ago, can see that.

I was looking forward to seeing him in power, as although the guy is genuinely funny, he doesn't appear to have set opinions, and also has said some pretty distasteful stuff in the past, that a competent opposition would use against him.

Im now backing Gove, as he doesn't even have the likeability factor, and is already hated by the teaching profession.

And May is hated by the police!

• Backroom

I think Boris would have had a much better chance at becoming the leader of the Tory party if the opposition were stronger. With another general election potentially upcoming, having somebody at the helm of the party who is generally liked across the country (as far as a Tory goes) would have been beneficial and Gove may have thought twice about stabbing Johnson in the back.

However, with Labour in utter disarray and the Lib Dems reputation in tatters the Conservatives probably believe they would win an election even if May or Gove were in charge.

And May is hated by the police!

No bad thing :)

May has been in the Home Office for longer than most ministers manage, and with no major problems. I thought her speech about getting on with the job was a good way to open her campaign.

From a neutral point of view, I can only hope that there are only 2 or 3 candidates, so we don't have weeks of uncertainty whilst some feebly supported MPs get knocked out. As a country we just need to get on with it.

EU 28 countries, rest of world 168

Ah of course - crossed wires, sorry, thought we were just referring to the EU.

Turkey is another that does not allow dual citizenship. I know Malaysia is definitely another. But there are far more that do allow dual citizenship than don't. Wonder what the pros and cons are...

Archived