BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Accounts 2015

Baz

We are a stamp, in a book, on a shelf, in a darkened room, where the light is only switched on once a month - and it's one of those crappy 15W (like 40W) ones that takes 5 minutes to get bright and they've only got a 2 minute attention span.

Kafka-esque! Brilliant, Stuart!

Love the message board, hate Venky's...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VinjayV4

Posted 15 minutes ago

Anyone trying to buy the club should be nice to them but that's it.

I'm not one of those people and intend to keep directing as many insults as possible at them.

Essentially you're suggesting Venkys are basing decisions on emotional blackmail. Well nobody and I mean NOBODY blackmails me.

It's not blackmail Vinjay.

They don't think you are worthy, have you learned nothing in the last 5 plus years about the Rao's (OK maybe a couple of years in your case)

VinjayV4

Posted 15 minutes ago

Anyone trying to buy the club should be nice to them but that's it.

I'm not one of those people and intend to keep directing as many insults as possible at them.

Essentially you're suggesting Venkys are basing decisions on emotional blackmail. Well nobody and I mean NOBODY blackmails me.

It's not blackmail Vinjay.

They don't think you are worthy, have you learned nothing in the last 5 plus years about the Rao's (OK maybe a couple of years in your case)

ouch!

We should probably wait a bit, fund a statue for Balaji and ask him to attend the unveiling. Next to Jack's but a little bigger I'm sure he will love it!

Actually we should all look for some local rich people and start being really nice to them. Maybe even the Walkers...you never know? Might make some money out of it!

Oh there'll soon be statues of the Rao family for sure but they won't be near uncle Jacks they'll be popping up outside a ground about ten miles east !

:)

I'm telling you that if they pack up and leave, the club's virtually finished. The idea that someone will come along, we'll just sell a few players then come back to where we were is fantasy stuff. You show me how that's not the case.

This is what's wrong with English football. No family or individual should have the power to inflct so much misery on any community, especially ones who know nothing about neither that community nor the role football has played in forming its identity since the 19th century.

BRFC is not just a company or even just a football club. It is a vital part of the history and fabric of the whole area going back to 1875.

The German model should be mandatory but greed, egos and big money will never allow that to happen. Local control,cheap tickets, big crowds and enormous success.

It is grim.

The administration option which some would take over our current circumstances - if it happened tomorrow, nobody would take the club would they? It would be liquidation wouldn't it?

Insolvency can be very complex and costly!

Have tried to give you a brief flavour below.

IMV, much will depend on how Madam feels when she gets out of bed one day soon. I think we are in the lap of the gods.

Administration and Liquidation are both insolvency procedures, however, there are big differences between the two procedures in terms of their objectives and applications.

In simple terms, Administration is entered into with a view to a company's rescue and recovery. Liquidation is the method to realise a company's assets prior to closing the company down and also could be the consequence of an unsuccessful Administration.

Generally speaking, Administration is the vehicle where a company has severe cash flow issues but its underlying business is viable (does anyone think Rovers' underlying operation is viable?) An Administrator will look to keep the business running while looking for a new owner but will look to sell the company's assets (for a football club - players, ground, training facilities etc) to pay back to creditors what he/she can.

In an insolvency situation, Liquidation would be either through a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation (of shareholders / directors choosing) or a Compulsory Liquidation (driven by creditors who feel all avenues have been exhausted in trying to recover what they are owed); in both cases, the company is seen as having no hope for the future, it's assets are sold and the company is closed down.

IMV, much will depend on how Madam feels when she gets out of bed one day soon. I think we are in the lap of the gods.

Administration and Liquidation are both insolvency procedures, however, there are big differences between the two procedures in terms of their objectives and applications.

In simple terms, Administration is entered into with a view to a company's rescue and recovery. Liquidation is the method to realise a company's assets prior to closing the company down and also could be the consequence of an unsuccessful Administration.

Generally speaking, Administration is the vehicle where a company has severe cash flow issues but its underlying business is viable (does anyone think Rovers' underlying operation is viable?) An Administrator will look to keep the business running while looking for a new owner but will look to sell the company's assets (for a football club - players, ground, training facilities etc) to pay back to creditors what he/she can.

In an insolvency situation, Liquidation would be either through a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation (of shareholders / directors choosing) or a Compulsory Liquidation (driven by creditors who feel all avenues have been exhausted in trying to recover what they are owed); in both cases, the company has no hope for the future, it's assets are sold and the company is closed down.

Administration in the light of everything maybe our only chance but as you rightly point out are we viable? It's got to the stage where we may not be thanks to these charlatans

In an insolvency situation, Liquidation would be either through a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation (of shareholders / directors choosing) or a Compulsory Liquidation (driven by creditors who feel all avenues have been exhausted in trying to recover what they are owed); in both cases, the company is seen as having no hope for the future, it's assets are sold and the company is closed down.

Interesting read but a little scaremongering.

Rovers is no less viable than the majority of clubs in the football league.

If we aren't careful we are in danger of creating a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Interesting read but a little scaremongering.

Rovers is no less viable than the majority of clubs in the football league.

If we aren't careful we are in danger of creating a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Den asked about Administration / Liquidation so I obliged.

As for scaremongering, you read the accounts, consider the options and make your own mind up. Take a look at the comments on page 12 of the accounts under 'Going Concern'; this section concluded with "On the basis of the assessment outlined above the directors have a reasonable expectation that the company will have adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the foreseeable future" - not certain the comments under 'Going Concern' give me too much confidence!

Personally, I fear the options are very limited and fear where we may end up.

This is what's wrong with English football. No family or individual should have the power to inflct so much misery on any community, especially ones who know nothing about neither that community nor the role football has played in forming its identity since the 19th century.

BRFC is not just a company or even just a football club. It is a vital part of the history and fabric of the whole area going back to 1875.

The German model should be mandatory but greed, egos and big money will never allow that to happen. Local control,cheap tickets, big crowds and enormous success.

How many professional leagues & clubs in Germany? Which English clubs do you intend to close?

I'm not per se against the german model, but its not a straight comparison.

Just to point out a flaw in that piece, AFC Wimbledon are in League 2 having had several promotions since their inception in 2002. Wimbledon FC relocated to Milton Keynes, changed their name, and are in the same league as Rovers. their are far better assessments of our financial position made by people on this message board, than in that statement. What exactly are the Trust intending to discuss with Venkys given they want to talk to them?

Den asked about Administration / Liquidation so I obliged.

As for scaremongering, you read the accounts, consider the options and make your own mind up. Personally, I fear the options are very limited and fear where we may end up.

If somebody was to take a long enough look at it they would conclude that football in England isn't viable.

For Venkys, read Sky...

How many professional leagues & clubs in Germany? Which English clubs do you intend to close?

Might be wrong but think there are three professional leagues involving 56 clubs, below that is semi -pro Division 4 - 80 odd teams then amateur division 5 and below

Administration in the light of everything maybe our only chance but as you rightly point out are we viable? It's got to the stage where we may not be thanks to these charlatans

We probably are still viable as a league 1 team averaging 6k and 12 full time players on a grand pwk each. That could be the aim then they can afford to keep us to play around with. If they had friendly agents they might even start making money on players by moving them through our books :blink:

We probably are still viable as a league 1 team averaging 6k and 12 full time players on a grand pwk each. That could be the aim then they can afford to keep us to play around with. If they had friendly agents they might even start making money on players by moving them through our books :blink:

Paying a grand a week in League one means your just treading water before eventually dropping to league two

But look at Portsmouth pushing for promotion got rid of the charlatans and parasites and on the long road back I think that is what will happen to us in the not too distant future

Might be wrong but think there are three professional leagues involving 56 clubs, below that is semi -pro Division 4 - 80 odd teams then amateur division 5 and below

The top 3 professional leagues have 56 clubs, however the 3rd tier is a mix of professional clubs and 'b' teams, so the true number is likely lower.

But look at Portsmouth pushing for promotion got rid of the charlatans and parasites and on the long road back I think that is what will happen to us in the not too distant future

Except Pompey are a city club. Their home attendances are comparable to ours and they're two leagues below!

Except Pompey are a city club. Their home attendances are comparable to ours and they're two leagues below!

We've had six years of bullshit and still have 10,000 ST holders.

We are not a tin pot club.

That's the trouble with Rovers fans imo. If we were doing well or even ok we would be capable of getting what we get now in a league below which would be big gates for those divisions. If we were to be bumbling along or struggling we'd get gates bang on the ave for those divs probably which is poor for a club like us.

Much as I can't stand them and think their crowds now are pants PNE's gates held up really well in league 1. Similar to what they are now less the bigger visiting support in the div.

Well I don't intend to close any. I just want English clubs to be run in such a way that they are way closer to their fan base. What's wrong with that?

Well I don't intend to close any. I just want English clubs to be run in such a way that they are way closer to their fan base. What's wrong with that?

see the second line of my post. Nothing wrong with it, just that Germany isn't the fair comparison people make it out to be.

It is grim.

The administration option which some would take over our current circumstances - if it happened tomorrow, nobody would take the club would they? It would be liquidation wouldn't it?

Apologists den sold Rhodes and here we are.

Archived