BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Accounts 2015

Baz

I suppose it depends what you prioritise. Making money and having a healthy balance sheet or doing the best you possibly can on the pitch.

Clearly Burnley's financial results are impressive. They are bound to be when they trousered the Premier League money last season and invested very little of it into the playing squad. They made a decision they weren't going to spend big on new players and give themselves the best chance of surviving in the big league, and the inevitable drop back to the Championship took place.

I'm amazed Dyche hung around after that but he clearly didn't have many offers at the end of last season and is likely to take them back up. Do they repeat the trick of last time and try to stay up without spending then expect praise when their accounts come out, or do they take the Premier League more seriously and back their manager properly to try and keep them up? I know if I were a Burnley fan paying £400 odd for a season ticket which I would prefer.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think their plan has been spot on to now. Half of this thread wouldn't be here if we didn't have the ridiculous debts that we have been lumbered with. Burnley look like they are on course to go back up with profits into the most lucrative period in Premiership history. I think I'd be quite a happy dingle right now.

It will be interesting to see what they do next year.

Aye, But they have paid off ALL of their debt with the profit and have put back in a further £10m to improve the ground and other facilities, still leaving them with £10m profit.

Fair play to them although a few thousand plastic seats and some modern snack bar/toilets facilities wouldn't have put much of a dent in that. If the authorities reduced the capacity of that stand as maybe they should then they'll start losing out on big away following ticket money in the Prem.

I do suppose it's possible they have plans to totally rebuild it but that doesn't seem imminent.

Unless Burnley do something totally out of character with the way the club has recently been run, they will only get stronger and stronger. They have done a bloody good job.

IMV, it has been a shambles at Rovers since November 2010 and we are teetering on the brink. If we are lucky, and I think that is one very big if, we have next season to get up otherwise it could be curtains.

Burnley have followed a similar path to WBA who bounced between the two divisions for a couple of seasons before becoming established in the Premier League. Having secured the long term future of the club and begun to develop their training ground, Burnley have got the foundations in place to spend rather more on players next season should they go up. With the extra money coming into the Premier League next season, Burnley could well be about to reap the rewards of their shrewd management over the past couple of years.

It took them a long time to spend significant money on some quality players so I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I was a dingle. They still seemed to operate a sell to buy policy and lets be brutally honest Dyche is the major factor in their success. He was probably the man with the plan and not their deep pocketed directors.

They'll drop like a stone if he goes, a well off stone though......

It took them a long time to spend significant money on some quality players so I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I was a dingle. They still seemed to operate a sell to buy policy and lets be brutally honest Dyche is the major factor in their success. He was probably the man with the plan and not their deep pocketed directors.

They'll drop like a stone if he goes, a well off stone though......

It's quite simple really. Any organisation's success is dependent upon having the right quality of people in key positions. Sadly, I think Rovers have spectacularly failed to do this over recent times.

It's quite simple really. Any organisation's success is dependent upon having the right quality of people in key positions. Sadly, I think Rovers have spectacularly failed to do this over recent times.

Just shows though how it can all fall into place once the right man pops up and i'll admit those behind the scenes have to get credit for finally picking him. They were going nowhere before they took a punt on him though.

Time for the V's to take a look over Burnley way for a blueprint, man it hurts saying that !

Hope to God I'm proved wrong but this is only heading one way unless were promoted as in yesterday or next season very very latest

The problem is look at the four clubs most likely to make up the relegation candidates and the Championship sides which miss out this year.

I'd guess the best we can get to is 5th or 6th and hope for a play off final win.

Dingle here, It was Dyche's idea to spend the prem money on the ground and £12m on a new training ground, he has a lot of input into thing like that, he was criticised at the time by souness on sky but looks like he will have the last laugh. Souness said something about being naïve wanting to improve facilities over the team and he may be sacked before they are built. well they will be ready for next season hopefully in the prem.

Dingle here, It was Dyche's idea to spend the prem money on the ground and £12m on a new training ground, he has a lot of input into thing like that, he was criticised at the time by souness on sky but looks like he will have the last laugh. Souness said something about being naïve wanting to improve facilities over the team and he may be sacked before they are built. well they will be ready for next season hopefully in the prem.

I remember that interview. Props to anyone who introduces themselves as "dingle here" - you might actually last.

I can see both sides of that though, if you'd invested in the team and stayed up last season, you would have more money to build the training facilities now.

Personally I'd rather the club tried to stay up, and not posted a big profit, than more or less accepted the relegation by not bringing in the right players last time around. That's assuming it was the right players mind.

To be fair to Souness, it's a very logical conclusion. Managers have an average shelf life of about two and a half years.

I can see both sides of that though, if you'd invested in the team and stayed up last season, you would have more money to build the training facilities now.

Personally I'd rather the club tried to stay up, and not posted a big profit, than more or less accepted the relegation by not bringing in the right players last time around. That's assuming it was the right players mind.

We all wish we had spent a bit more, but how much is a bit ? does it guarantee staying up ? Hull spent a fortune and still went down.

With each day that has passed under Venkys we have become more reliant on them through poor decision after poor decision.

Listening to Lambert he didnt sound too sure if he would hang around and I got the impression he has not spoke with the owners in months.

Shaw departs thankfully but no replacement sought,

Myers then resigns who is actually one of their best appointments as what he lacks in experience he makes up with passion,

Accounts unsurprisingly are bad reading and make us unsellable.

Squad of players in terms of players with full time contracts is thin on quality and saleable assets.

Crowds are getting lower by the game.

The voice of the supporters has long exstinguished as has the fight to expose the truth.

As supporters we just watch for the next bit of bad news whilst praying for a miracle.

Venkys have been called out by Lambert in his interview to come out of the shadows and show their hand. We can ill afford another season over before its started

To be fair to Souness, it's a very logical conclusion. Managers have an average shelf life of about two and a half years.

That's other managers though, Dyche had built up enough credit to know that even if we went back down he wouldn't get sacked. We don't really sack managers.

Manager Paul Lambert hopes Blackburn Rovers' owners will clarify plans after debts of more than £100m were revealed in accounts released to shareholders.

Rovers will lose the services of director Alan Myers, who has decided to stand down from his post having joined the club in February 2014.

Venky's, run by the Rao family that owns the club, are based in India.

"There has to be leadership and talking about how to reduce the debt," Lambert told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I saw the accounts like they were, you can't just magic that sort of thing out of the air.

"There are a lot of football fans that watch, it's their club, I'm sure they want to know what's going on."

Debts of £102.4m were revealed on the day Rovers' Lancashire rivals Burnley announced a profit of £30.1m, while Bolton Wanderers had reported debts of £172.9m before their recent takeover.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35938269

Manager Paul Lambert hopes Blackburn Rovers' owners will clarify plans after debts of more than £100m were revealed in accounts released to shareholders.

Rovers will lose the services of director Alan Myers, who has decided to stand down from his post having joined the club in February 2014.

Venky's, run by the Rao family that owns the club, are based in India.

"There has to be leadership and talking about how to reduce the debt," Lambert told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I saw the accounts like they were, you can't just magic that sort of thing out of the air.

"There are a lot of football fans that watch, it's their club, I'm sure they want to know what's going on."

Debts of £102.4m were revealed on the day Rovers' Lancashire rivals Burnley announced a profit of £30.1m, while Bolton Wanderers had reported debts of £172.9m before their recent takeover.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35938269

Yeah, we'd heard.

We all wish we had spent a bit more, but how much is a bit ? does it guarantee staying up ? Hull spent a fortune and still went down.

Enough that you broke even? Making a £30m profit gives off a whiff of lack of ambition from the club in my opinion. There are no guarantees that you would have stayed up, but as long as you hadn't put the club at financial risk should you be relegated, it really wouldn't have mattered too much.

Archived