BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Accounts 2015

Baz

Bit touchy? Possibly! Are you going to answer any of the questions or not? To be clear....

1. Scousers

2. How do we sign better than Brown when no one turns up?

On a different subject - I read on Twitter that Shaw is still a named director? Can anyone shed any light on this? Why the hell is he still there?

I expect numerous people to be asking various difficult questions of two or three people who won't give a straight answer the next time the opportunity arises.

Then we'll forget all about it and slag Chris Briwn off instead and thank our lucky stars we stopped in the pub / at home rather than going to Ewood and supporting our team.

"By gum we'll make it a day (slight reprise - on tinternet moaning)" v "A Day in the Life (sat at home / walking round B&Q)" v "The Final Comedown - (told u they were crap)" 2016 mix or Coldplay. Crivens...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit touchy? Possibly! Are you going to answer any of the questions or not? To be clear....

1. Scousers

2. How do we sign better than Brown when no one turns up?

On a different subject - I read on Twitter that Shaw is still a named director? Can anyone shed any light on this? Why the hell is he still there?

I expect numerous people to be asking various difficult questions of two or three people who won't give a straight answer the next time the opportunity arises.

Then we'll forget all about it and slag Chris Briwn off instead and thank our lucky stars we stopped in the pub / at home rather than going to Ewood and supporting our team.

"By gum we'll make it a day (slight reprise - on tinternet moaning)" v "A Day in the Life (sat at home / walking round B&Q)" v "The Final Comedown - (told u they were crap)" 2016 mix or Coldplay. Crivens...

A bit like Dylan's schoolboy take on the causes of World War 1, all the oblique references to scousers,... " I never did get."

By the way, it will take proper leadership to make everyone who shares the same passion for BRFC pull together again. This message board is a bit like a dentist's disclosing solution that shows up the fillings. All the circular disagreements /conflict are a bi product of 5 plus years of s****t, which is none of our own making.

Rudyard Kipling, all is forgiven!!

There's the next Fall album title!

You're right Len - tough times. Sorry JAL if I was a tad abrasive - you get on my wick! I'll get em in next time I see you in the Cup.

I am as mad as a wasp. People in my family look embarrassed and slink away, if anyone asks me about Rovers. I know I always sound like Michael Douglas in Falling Down, but it keeps on happening!

But what is the scouser conspiracy thing?

But what is the scouser conspiracy thing?

I honestly have no idea. One for JAL there. Reading berween the lines, with apologies if any of this is wrong JAL, Myers is one. Think Dave Nicey Nice, a PR dream machine. Everton fan though. Then some of the youth scouts? I don't know. JAL brings it up regularly but never elaborates.

I honestly have no idea. One for JAL there. Reading berween the lines, with apologies if any of this is wrong JAL, Myers is one. Think Dave Nicey Nice, a PR dream machine. Everton fan though. Then some of the youth scouts? I don't know. JAL brings it up regularly but never elaborates.

He could have some sense in that Bob, there has been a recent influx of scouse coaches/scouts recently arrived at the academy, Links through down to sefton schools and Liverpool. As its a jobs for the boys industry, perhaps this scouse influence is higher within the club.

Is anyone not involved in the trust going to review the accounts do we know?

I don't mean that as any disrespect but I would prefer someone without a story to tell as such and from a neutral starting point.

You have to believe on the surface it is getting better - if not then there's something else going on.

I will take a look when they hit Companies House. I have never had issues with the Trust interpretation of things in the past.

My analysis will probably be focused more on operations and comparisons with prior seasons than high level financial stuff.

He could have some sense in that Bob, there has been a recent influx of scouse coaches/scouts recently arrived at the academy, Links through down to sefton schools and Liverpool. As its a jobs for the boys industry, perhaps this scouse influence is higher within the club.

Agree with the above jobs for the boys same in any industry not what you know it's who you know

How many are there and who are they?

It would be beautifully ironic if JAL doesn't even know who the scousers are.

He does but he needs to give it a miss as like a lot of people he probably doesn't understand the concept of what you can or cannot post on the Internet

as for social media that's even worse

Ignoring who the managers have been does anyone know how many players have come and gone over the past five years for this eleven a side game under the Venky ownership and at what cost.

What would be the agents cost over this five year period and how much is still outstanding to these guys?

FA/UEFA outright ban (as Newell called for) or a collection of major clubs refusing to deal with agents. Otherwise can't see a hope in hell of things changing and certainly don't think there's a chance in hell of that happening. I don't see why players care so much about agents anyway if someone offered me 100 grand a week why on earth would I need further advice? Barring injuries that would offer financial security for life and I wouldn't want a huge mansion to attract attention of criminals. Or an advert for carjacking for that matter and there's too much risk of people scratching expensive cars in this country. I'm certainly obsessed with money but why do people need mansions and fast sports cars? A reasonably sized house (preferably in a gated community) or secure flat would be enough for me. Can't drive, have no intention of learning (can't help feeling owning a car would be extremely stressful and certainly can't see myself changing a tyre) and would get a chauffeur. Why pay to maintain an expensive mansion just to show off? I want lots of money but I wouldn't want the whole damn world knowing about it! I would probably end up buying something that would attract public attention (for instance a football club if I had that sort of money even if it was just L2/National League) but owning a mansion is simply egotistical.

Many players want to grab every last penny they can but my negotiations would be simple in their position. How much? Is it fair and comparable to average for players of same ability? Sign the contract. No further hassle. I couldn't be bothered with the majority of "endorsement deals" either there's only so much I could take in regards to being a "corporate puppet." Why should Tiger Woods care and give a grovelling apology for his affairs? You're already rich as hell the last thing you needed was give a grovelling apology! That's one of the advantages of being rich you don't need to apologise for many things! Of course people say most footballers aren't intelligent enough but really how hard is it to read a contract? Not like you're signing your life away.

Yes I know its only human nature in most cases to want as much money as possible. Personally I want enough money to be secure for life but with as little hassle/attention as possible. If that cost me a bit more then so be it.

You can't blame players for taking on an agent. These are young, financially inexperienced people who are thrust into the limelight and need someone to represent them. Most agents do a good job but their reputation is spoiled by a few dodgy dealers, as we know well. Football should look to drive out the dodgy dealers and keep the good agents who represent players' interests. Not easy though as it is up to the player who they choose to represent them. While you have people like Venkys coming into football thought it will be open season for the dodgy dealers to make a killing.

Football agents are a self-fulfilling need.

Players need agents because agents need players. Players, managers, clubs who don't use agents are elbowed out of the way and find their options limited - unless they are a class above and have a brain or a family member with one. Brad Friedel didn't have one.

Surely if players need support or representation they would simply go to the PFA.

These accounts are going to run up to 30 June 2015 so the headline stats being quoted don't apply to the current situation. The finance team prepare the accounts and then they get audited etc and then they get published so there is a long lag. The debt will probably still be there now but the wage to turnover ratio will have drastically changed in the next period that runs up to 30 June 2016.

Football agents are a self-fulfilling need.

Players need agents because agents need players. Players, managers, clubs who don't use agents are elbowed out of the way and find their options limited - unless they are a class above and have a brain or a family member with one. Brad Friedel didn't have one.

Surely if players need support or representation they would simply go to the PFA.

Our very own ex goalkeeper Vince O'Keefe carried out such a role for many years, very successfully and at a reasonable rate too.

Is anyone not involved in the trust going to review the accounts do we know?

I don't mean that as any disrespect but I would prefer someone without a story to tell as such and from a neutral starting point.

You have to believe on the surface it is getting better - if not then there's something else going on.

Philipl's reviews have always been the gold standard, I hope he will be doing so once again.

Archived