SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Accounts 2015

Baz

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1029415057139248

Rovers debt over £100m and wage to turnover ratio of 133%.

But how much will Lambert get in the summer?

A stark lesson in how to lose millions through poor management and pathetic decision making. I'd be totally embarrassed if I'd downsized and damaged a solid company so badly through my lasting stupidity. And to think of all the pond life still celebrating. Makes you sick.

Way to go Venkys. Way to go.

Somehow owning this huge loss making enterprise must have significant accounting advantages to the Venkys set up. Money must be being moved through the pipes somehow that makes it all worthwhile for them. If they don't invest in summer and carry on in this vein for the next few years whilst we go nowhere I think it's obvious we are some kind of loss leader.

All still very bizarre.

think back to the summer and the crap players people hadn't heard of that we couldn't get in because of the £10,000 p/w wage limit. Makes you wonder how much the current squad are earning and how much is being paid out in 'anti-legacy' payments to players and staff alike... :blink:

In that accounting period we would have had Jordan Rhodes wouldn't we?

Quick maths would put season tickets sales at say 10,000 purchasers at say £249 (obviously allowing for some paying more in the Jack Walker but concessions paying far less).

Making our bulk season ticket sales around £2,490,000.

Jordan Rhodes was on around £40,000 X 52 = £2,080,000.

I know there are far more income streams into the club etc but my rough maths would suggest how the hell did we ever think we could give any player £40,000 per week!

The arrogance and idiocy of the collection of cretins and conmen running the show back then thought we'd be straight back up with their collection of highly paid over the hill signings. The 40k pwk Jordan was just the icing on the cake for a season in the Champ.

We (Rovers Trust) have the accounts, Dan is going through them and will publish an analysis and comment after Easter. Wages to turnover very scary, but wages have dropped significantly.

I think once that exercise has been done the picture will look very different, the attention grabbing £100 million in debt headline I assume includes the paid up shares that the Venkies own.

We do this dance every time the accounts come out. Yes, it's bad but it's still being serviced. The worrying time will come when Venkys depart.

It'll be interesting when Dan and Andy N have been through them and can put them into context.

How old is the photo on the front cover? I can't quite see the away colours - would that be the Burnley game? I could imagine any potential investor being impressed and then less so if they attended a game.

Looking more and more like it's Premier League or bust!

Exactly. The word debt means nothing out of context.

It didn't with the debts to Jack which were "written off" but people trusted him. The trustees of course wrote off some of the debts but they were hardly likely to recoup such figures even with the higher initial asking price. I guess one of the main questions is whether they simply want to "save face" and not lose their reputation within India. Not sure whether it would I don't think there's been any major downslide in their core business since buying Rovers.

It didn't with the debts to Jack which were "written off" but people trusted him. The trustees of course wrote off some of the debts but they were hardly likely to recoup such figures even with the higher initial asking price. I guess one of the main questions is whether they simply want to "save face" and not lose their reputation within India. Not sure whether it would I don't think there's been any major downslide in their core business since buying Rovers.

I've seen no evidence that the losses have hurt them in the slightest. No dumping of their Venky shares, no fire sale of a good business unit or two. I can't imagine how wealthy you need to be not to miss 100 million but that's what seems to be happening.

Wages gone from £50M in last Premier League season to £27M now.

Yes but as the ratio has increased turnover must have dropped significantly. Around £20m??

• Backroom

Is anyone not involved in the trust going to review the accounts do we know?

I don't mean that as any disrespect but I would prefer someone without a story to tell as such and from a neutral starting point.

You have to believe on the surface it is getting better - if not then there's something else going on.

Is anyone not involved in the trust going to review the accounts do we know?

I don't mean that as any disrespect but I would prefer someone without a story to tell as such and from a neutral starting point.

You have to believe on the surface it is getting better - if not then there's something else going on.

How many players have come in and gone out over the last five years for this eleven a side game ?

How many milions of pounds went with them ?

Who cares when a potential substitute is enough to persuade you not to support them anymore?

Knock it on the head JAL, state whatever it is you know about the club and the "scousers" you keep banging on about..,

...or just get in line with the other ex fans who give an (a more often than not, extremely negative) opinion without ever attending.

You remind me of all those "adults" I knew in the 80s - "you're not still watching that rubbish are you?" - it was quite the fashion. Oh look, we've come full circle.

Derby average 30k apparently, kind of gives them the right to buy better than Chris Brown doesn't it? Chicken and Egg and all that. As I posted elsewhere, you come back when it's all better, try not to worry about it.

There's 10k or so trying to keep the lights on and occasionally enjoy it. We need more in order to compete in this division.

Bit touchy there Bob thought they were good questions to raise especially when they are linked around large amounts of money and the threads related tO the accounts.

I don't know the answer by the way.

Bit touchy there Bob thought they were good questions to raise especially when they are linked around large amounts of money and the threads related tO the accounts.

I don't know the answer by the way.

Don't know what is going on between you two(Lol), but I have certainly been wondering about the same questions.

Archived