BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Betting Thread

Vinny, I do like the tips, just tell us the ones you've put on before the games though! Haha.

I picked a few from tomorrow, but apple jade in the second race at aintree would be a"nap" also backed by William hill I think.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinjay - after timing doesn't count !

Vinny, I do like the tips, just tell us the ones you've put on before the games though! Haha.

I picked a few from tomorrow, but apple jade in the second race at aintree would be a"nap" also backed by William hill I think.

Two of the horses I backed that came second at Cheltenham run tomorrow (Apple Jade and Dandridge) so probably going to back them both again! Also Going Concern e/w in the 4.40

If Cue Card is over his fall last month, he should win the 2.50

Never said it counted just that it should have been mentioned.

One of most annoying things about betting sites during "live" events usually football. Trying to place a bet and the damn thing changing ever 5 seconds. :rolleyes:

EDIT-Didn't "safety bet" with the draw only the win but for anyone who did both...profit!

22.44 (Aqueduct) with 8 runners or probably more like 7 as longest odds has shown "no signs of ability".

Favourite is Field Sense at 2/1 (tipped by William Hill) and second is Bear Clause at 11/4. Straight bet on Field Sense perhaps and maybe the "safety" bet on "Bear Clause" as well. No need for equal stakes just anything that will guarantee at least a small profit/breakeven.

Join Bet365 to take advantage of the in-play offer they do every few weeks for big games.

Bet up to £50 on a pre-match bet, then they give you a free in-play bet that is refunded if it loses.

So just choose something with two possible outcomes then bet on both to guarantee profit.

I do 'Both teams to score in the first half - No' before the game, then 'Yes' in-play.

If 'no' comes in then you win between a fiver and a tenner, and get your other bet refunded. If it does come in then you win between £150 and £250, as you will lose the £50 from your first bet.

But that's tonight in the City vs PSG game, Utd vs Liverpool, and both legs of Chelsea vs PSG that have come in in a row now.

22.44 (Aqueduct) with 8 runners or probably more like 7 as longest odds has shown "no signs of ability".

Favourite is Field Sense at 2/1 (tipped by William Hill) and second is Bear Clause at 11/4. Straight bet on Field Sense perhaps and maybe the "safety" bet on "Bear Clause" as well. No need for equal stakes just anything that will guarantee at least a small profit/breakeven.

Bear Clause won...bet on both added a bit more too just before it started. So small profit and site bonus too.

Gone for that.

Two of the horses I backed that came second at Cheltenham run tomorrow (Apple Jade and Dandridge) so probably going to back them both again! Also Going Concern e/w in the 4.40

Looked at the 4.40 too though I've chosen Minella Present at 11/2 and most tipped too.

SkyBet are doing a good promotion for the Masters. They are paying each way on the top 8 places (quarter odds).

Best value bets I've seen are:

Paul Casey - who has a surprisingly good record in the Masters and seems to be in decent form - 66/1

Brandt Snedeker - always seems to figure at some point in the Masters and according to his coach Butch Harman is in the form of his life - 55/1

Adam Scott - my favourite out of the big 4 (all this talk of a 'big 3' is an insult to him) - 12/1

The so-called Big 3 don't offer value really, though one of them (or Scott) is the most likely winner.

Winner! Was 2nd for a while but once it overtook in final stages that was it...won by several lengths in the end.

Minella Present at Aintree 4.40 still one of the most tipped.

Apples jade won by 100 yards. She jumps brilliantly. Should stop whilst I'm ahead but a winner on first race is always dangerous.

Thinking Annie power and cue card double. I've put a bit on Casey at 50/1 each way, not sure of the placings- cheers OJF

Gone for Cue Card too (at 2.50 Aintree so be quick!) absolutely loads tipping it. Odds have actually gone from EVS to 11/8 not really sure how they have worked that out. I haven't staked much and there's a lot of runners so any substantial stake better be placed via those tips or more research.

2 out of 2! Cue Card takes the win very close until penultimate fence but only one winner after that jump.

EDIT-Along with Minella Present Also placed 80p bet on Surf and Turf (25/1 but previous winner) and a very small bet on Dandridge (8/1). As I said though quite a few runners in this one and the Dandridge bet is basically just to try and recoup the 25/1 stake. Just to point out I know Apple Jade, Cue Card and Minella were not my initial tips.

EDIT-Whether any of those win might make a bigger bet tonight. Anything to suggest putting £20 on? Looking for £80 profit ideally at least and if the 25/1 wins I might place the whole £35 on something.

Well that was a decent day. Had the two above plus Annie Power. Had Dandridge won instead of 2nd I would have been looking at just short of £500.

7.20 Chelmsford "Whoopsy Daisy" tipped by William Hill 4/1. Not a huge bet and if you want the "safety bet" also perhaps a smaller stake on "consistent" Farham at 7/1.

Have bet on Borussia D v Liverpool and Athletic B v Sevilla but both very small bets on speculative home win scorelines. Some of you might see Liverpool away 9/2 or a draw (perhaps on both) as good bets but decided not to go for that tonight.

21.40 at Hawthorne (UK time, US course) Shobiz Star 6/5. Already beaten 2 of the others quite easily (2nd fav and 4th fav) before. Biggest bet (£9) since the Real Madrid win at Barcelona last weekend and placed a couple of quid on Poker Player (2nd fav) at 3/1. Won't get it all back if the latter wins so suggest putting a couple of quid on one of the longer odds instead.

By the way the tips aren't just from the website. Though of course people could come up with their conspiracy theories whether other tippers are "legit" or not. The US races don't get a lot of tips generally usually just the usual website tip. Sure you could look up the 6/5 to prove the WH (or whatever other site) info is accurate.

EDIT-Shobiz 2nd :rolleyes:. Horse at 12/1 ended up winning it. Still beat those other horses again as I pointed out.

Well that was a decent day. Had the two above plus Annie Power. Had Dandridge won instead of 2nd I would have been looking at just short of £500.

I had Viconte al Troyer or whatever, had the favorite not pushed him into the rails i reckon he'd stay on as he was finishing better than both. I have a 14/1 tomorrow, pm if interested. It's a stable tip so it's not going on here! Haha.

I had Viconte al Troyer or whatever, had the favorite not pushed him into the rails i reckon he'd stay on as he was finishing better than both. I have a 14/1 tomorrow, pm if interested. It's a stable tip so it's not going on here! Haha.

Unlucky as I think he would have won too. Unfortunately, as he ended up finishing 3rd, there's no chance of the winner getting thrown out in a stewards enquiry.

Oh that's not fair I can't PM!

22.44 at Aqueduct (US). 7/4 on Urbanity (fav) who recently finished 3rd on debut. Jockey has a brilliant record with second time starters.

Same kinda crazy has been tipped at 16/1. Ran very well on Aqueduct debut recently so speculative outsider. Worth a small bet I suggest at least.

Be quick though!

Champagne at Tara E/W at 16/1 in the first tomorrow

Buveur D'Air to beat the Mullins Mare in the 2.15

Bishops Road (16/1) and As De Mee (16/1) in the Topham over the National Fences. Bishops Road is first reserve for the Grand National on Saturday and I've backed it for that at 25/1 already. However I'm guessing if it doesnt get in the final field for Saturday it will run tomorrow and probably go off favourite

Bet a winner at 23.10 but typically didn't mention it was only 2/1 anyway. Fav at 23.40 (Hawthorne) is WW Orient at 11/8 and also placed much smaller bet on Gold Legion at 12/1. (previously was 10/1)

EDIT-WW Orient won! £23 profit placed mostly in £1-£2 range this week (since my big bets = big win on R Madrid game) but had £15 going on this.

Champagne at Tara E/W at 16/1 in the first tomorrow

Buveur D'Air to beat the Mullins Mare in the 2.15

Bishops Road (16/1) and As De Mee (16/1) in the Topham over the National Fences. Bishops Road is first reserve for the Grand National on Saturday and I've backed it for that at 25/1 already. However I'm guessing if it doesnt get in the final field for Saturday it will run tomorrow and probably go off favourite

The 2.15 is at Aintree haven't looked at the others yet as the search on William Hill wasn't walking. Tell us what course it is Hasta! I might go for Buveur (2nd fav) like you suggest as its "feared most" in the sites description and the jockey has a good record at this course too. Limini (the fav) is 5/4 and has a huge number of tips. Might go for one or both of them will decide later.

4.05 Aintree I've bet £7 on Bishops Road at 12/1 (like that tip :tu: ) and if it does get into the national got £1.50 on Village Vic (fav at 11/1) and £1 on As De Mee at 16/1. Got a feeling those odds will be slashed so would suggest placing very early. The latter 2 are 4.05 as well.

Vanteur at 3.25 Aintree is described as "brilliant" and a big favourite against the 5 other runners. Has 14 tips so far too expect that to increase and the odds have already dropped from 2/7 to 1/4. Might be one to put on an accumulator with 1 or 2 other big favourites rather than risk something like £20 to win £5.

There are quite a few 4 runners tomorrow (mostly at Leicester) too though didn't go for any this time.

Think there's great value on West Ham this weekend. 5/2 to win and Arsenal are at EVS. Arsenal still have a lot of the same old problems and have actually lost 1 more game than West Ham. We saw they are an excellent side at Ewood unfortunately. I don't normally place bets over a day before so got big confidence in this. Go for the draw too if you want "safety first" though could go equal on home/away.

Chelsea are EVS at Swansea too so you might consider a double. How Arsenal are same odds to beat West Ham away as Chelsea to beat Swansea away is beyond me.

City v West Brom 1/3 seems like a safe profit (though £30 for £10 maybe for those with bigger bankrolls) but could be one to add to an accumulator, etc.

I've put a bit on Casey at 50/1 each way, not sure of the placings- cheers OJF

Long way to go yet but Casey doing okay so far - I did think that effectively 16/1 to finish top 8 just seemed wrong but we shall see. Lots of British/Irish interest as long as young Speith doesn't tear it up again (he shot 66 and by his own admission didn't play very well - just shows how important it is to be able to putt well).

Speaking of which - Ernie Els - I've never seen anything like it at that level before.

Archived