BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Betting Thread

i couldnt get back in the "tent " when it rained and neither could two girls who couldnt gt back in to there fellows . They had a £80 champane bottle they couldnt open .So suggested if i open it id have a drink hahaha they agreed and we sat under a cover drinking champagne hahahaha no idea how they expalined that one later.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That it? Sure favourite was at least 8-1 and the winner was 33/1. Are you sure £140 isn't a typing error unless it was some kind of split betting pool?

Either something like that or she picked the worst betting site in the world.

I may have the figures wrong, but the odds were 40/1 or 50/1 for the winner. Both were each way bets, probably £5 each thinking about it.

I'm guaranteed a finalist in the European Champions Cup after putting a couple of pounds on Saracens (10/1) and Wasps (18/1). I was at Wasps vs. Exeter and what a game.

I may have the figures wrong, but the odds were 40/1 or 50/1 for the winner. Both were each way bets, probably £5 each thinking about it.

I'm guaranteed a finalist in the European Champions Cup after putting a couple of pounds on Saracens (10/1) and Wasps (18/1). I was at Wasps vs. Exeter and what a game.

Alright. You didn't think I was being "big headed" did you? Just thought the winnings seemed low for the stake no idea what others thought was arrogant about it. "Picking the worst site in the world" was only a joke.

Long way to go yet but Casey doing okay so far - I did think that effectively 16/1 to finish top 8 just seemed wrong but we shall see. Lots of British/Irish interest as long as young Speith doesn't tear it up again (he shot 66 and by his own admission didn't play very well - just shows how important it is to be able to putt well).

Speaking of which - Ernie Els - I've never seen anything like it at that level before.

Great tip looking like a cracking bet.

I still can't believe Speith lost that, the lads top quality, been winning for fun, not even sure it was the pressure that got to him, just plain old bad shots on 10,11 and 12.

But made up for Willett.

I though overall the quality was poor this year, some woeful golf across the tournament mixed in with some real quality.

But saying all that, are their many sporting days better than the final day at The Masters? You'll be hard pressed to come up with many.

Great tip looking like a cracking bet.

Thanks mate - nice little 80 quid and I almost got another 80 from Snedeker. Enjoy your winnings :)

I still can't believe Speith lost that, the lads top quality, been winning for fun, not even sure it was the pressure that got to him, just plain old bad shots on 10,11 and 12.

But made up for Willett.

I though overall the quality was poor this year, some woeful golf across the tournament mixed in with some real quality.

But saying all that, are their many sporting days better than the final day at The Masters? You'll be hard pressed to come up with many.

I think his unbelievable putting has carried him Gav - he wasn't swinging or playing particularly well all through the tournament but was holing everything. Could he be another Johnny Miller?

Thanks mate - nice little 80 quid and I almost got another 80 from Snedeker. Enjoy your winnings :)

I think his unbelievable putting has carried him Gav - he wasn't swinging or playing particularly well all through the tournament but was holing everything. Could he be another Johnny Miller?

Was about 30 back off 2.50 e'w- must be 1/4 odds of 50/1.

On the 9th hole, Spieth was 1/9- I was so tempted to lay him on the exchange but didn't bother. By hole 13 I think he was 5/1 which would've been a really good lay, effectively a 10/1 bet.

If anyone ever does lay betting, I had a system a few years back that I couldn't get off the ground because of funds- I'd be well happy to read anyone else's experience with lay betting.

It was the second shot into the water from Speith that was the shocker. Having opened the door for the others with his first mistake, to come up so short a second time showed me he did bottle it. For a while I thought he might salvage a lay off over the last 4 holes but it wasn't to be.

If anyone ever does lay betting, I had a system a few years back that I couldn't get off the ground because of funds- I'd be well happy to read anyone else's experience with lay betting.

I was an early adopter of Betfair and I used to lay Woods at the start of most important tournament just when his form had started to go. He used to be about 5/2 which was ridiculous. I think he won 1 of the 7 or 8 events I layed him at. (When I say form started to go, I mean when he stopped winning literally everything.)

The only thing I tend to lay now is Next Manager markets. Normally, whoever becomes the front runner in the market straight away very rarely gets the gig. I can't check properly from my ipad but I think someone has already layed Steve Bruce for the Villa job on BF at around evens.

I used to lay horses until I layed Falbrav and he stung me by winning the QEII at Ascot when he had never previously won over a mile in England before. Ouch.

I was an early adopter of Betfair and I used to lay Woods at the start of most important tournament just when his form had started to go. He used to be about 5/2 which was ridiculous. I think he won 1 of the 7 or 8 events I layed him at. (When I say form started to go, I mean when he stopped winning literally everything.)

The only thing I tend to lay now is Next Manager markets. Normally, whoever becomes the front runner in the market straight away very rarely gets the gig. I can't check properly from my ipad but I think someone has already layed Steve Bruce for the Villa job on BF at around evens.

I used to lay horses until I layed Falbrav and he stung me by winning the QEII at Ascot when he had never previously won over a mile in England before. Ouch.

Test matches can give unreal opportunities on Betfair. Especially if two evenly matched sides.

Over the course of the Test you can often see 20/1+ into odds on on a home win, away win and the draw.

Tests that look nailed on for the draw see a clatter of wickets, people weather betting for rains that don't appear etc etc.

Had a big win today on horse racing £139 profit on a 2/1 favourite.

I can't remember my largest win (it was probably more but not 4 figures) but what are your biggest ever gambling wins?

I won almost £1000 when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup semi final for a £20 stake (Germany to score 5+ goals) but that's easily the biggest single win I've ever had.

Had a big win today on horse racing £139 profit on a 2/1 favourite.

I can't remember my largest win (it was probably more but not 4 figures) but what are your biggest ever gambling wins?

I had 10 quid on Greece in 2004 after their first game at 33/1- if I'd put it on before the tournament I'dve got 100/1.

Had a few trebles on horses for a couple of hundred but that was the biggest single bet I've won. Had dafter odds win with less stakes but never more than a 10 at 33/1.

Archived