BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Betting Thread

Speaking of which - Ernie Els - I've never seen anything like it at that level before.

That was terrible, one of the worst things I've ever seen by a pro on a golf course, what was he thinking :wacko:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was terrible, one of the worst things I've ever seen by a pro on a golf course, what was he thinking :wacko:

Had it been a lesser player than Els one might have been a bit suspicious of it, to be honest.

The only other top sportsperson (if you can call darts a sport) I could compare that to would be the great Eric Bristow getting the yips.

Els must have just felt like walking off. Colin Montgomerie pretty much said that he would have "suddenly discovered he had an injury" had that happened to him. Probably explains why Els is a multiple major winner and Monty never won one.

4.05 Aintree I've bet £7 on Bishops Road at 12/1 (like that tip :tu: ) and if it does get into the national got £1.50 on Village Vic (fav at 11/1) and £1 on As De Mee at 16/1. Got a feeling those odds will be slashed so would suggest placing very early. The latter 2 are 4.05 as well.

Vanteur at 3.25 Aintree is described as "brilliant" and a big favourite against the 5 other runners. Has 14 tips so far too expect that to increase and the odds have already dropped from 2/7 to 1/4. Might be one to put on an accumulator with 1 or 2 other big favourites rather than risk something like £20 to win £5.

Joke, Not a single one of the 3 placed. Infact the top 4 were 22/1, 25/1, 33/1 and 50/1.

Even Vanteur lost. Jockey fell off that AND another horse in same afternoon.

Won't be happy if West Ham lose tomorrow. Might cash in my draw bet for that (won't lose much doing that keeping the win bet on for sure) and put it on another horse instead. Then put some back on the draw as well if I get the big win.

EDIT-Put £5 on Baoulet at 4.40 Aintree. Put a quid on 2nd and 3rd favs too for recoup. Sure one of them might place at least this time. :rolleyes:

EDIT-Baoulet pulled up (Generally means injury or the jockey decides to stop for various reasons) but at least one of the others won in an absolute "photo finish". Will get all 3 stakes back and probably a bonus too.

EDIT-Bet on Sea of Blue last week and it lost but gonna give it another go. Well tipped 11/4 at Dundalk 9pm. Bet on House Limit as well at 16/1 same time.

EDIT-Had a couple of really small bets on Grand National tomorrow at 5.15. Have now put £4 on Morning Assembly at 25/1.

Champagne at Tara E/W at 16/1 in the first tomorrow

Buveur D'Air to beat the Mullins Mare in the 2.15

Bishops Road (16/1) and As De Mee (16/1) in the Topham over the National Fences. Bishops Road is first reserve for the Grand National on Saturday and I've backed it for that at 25/1 already. However I'm guessing if it doesnt get in the final field for Saturday it will run tomorrow and probably go off favourite

Another decent day. Slightly up thanks to As De Mee but again could have been better. Already backed a couple in the National but will have a look at that later tonight.

Good luck to those on Casey at Augusta. Still going well although Spieth is looking quite ominous.

Put my biggest bet on the Grand National for Silviniaco Conti. Another reasonably sized bet on Saint Are and would suggest making a few smaller bets too. Most of my bets recently have been no more than a quid (more than that for the biggest 2 GN bets) and you can make £10 last quite a while. Especially if you're are willing to make smaller profits by placing 2, 3 options instead of just 1. Longer of course if you double it or a big bet like mine on Real Madrid last weekend works out. As I bet on the draw too it was a smaller profit but still over £100.

Ruby Walsh who has previously won the GN kept falling off his horse yesterday. Now he's injured which I guess could cost him a significant amount of money. After the first fall perhaps he should have thought about the consequences of falling again however unlikely that may be in same day! So for anyone who looks at jockeys that could be something to take note of. For instance if you were planning on placing a bet on the horse he intended to ride better take note of who the new jockey is. Not sure exactly what the jockey/stable system is (no expert on horse racing its about the money) but certainly for races like the GN there must be backup options.

Watching West Ham v Arsenal hoping for a WHU win! Odds last time I checked had changed a bit. Arsenal now 21/20 rather than EVS so odds on WHU not quite as good value as 5/2 now. Not surprised by that at all so sometimes its best to place your bets early! Didn't use any site tips for this (number, etc) chose this bet the moment I saw it. Not got anything on the draw now (as I cashed that one in and didn't lose much of the stake for doing that) but still suggest that too.

Put my biggest bet on the Grand National for Silviniaco Conti. Another reasonably sized bet on Saint Are and would suggest making a few smaller bets too. Most of my bets recently have been no more than a quid (more than that for the biggest 2 GN bets) and you can make £10 last quite a while. Especially if you're are willing to make smaller profits by placing 2, 3 options instead of just 1. Longer of course if you double it or a big bet like mine on Real Madrid last weekend works out. As I bet on the draw too it was a smaller profit but still over £100.

Ruby Walsh who has previously won the GN kept falling off his horse yesterday. Now he's injured which I guess could cost him a significant amount of money. After the first fall perhaps he should have thought about the consequences of falling again however unlikely that may be in same day! So for anyone who looks at jockeys that could be something to take note of. For instance if you were planning on placing a bet on the horse he intended to ride better take note of who the new jockey is. Not sure exactly what the jockey/stable system is (no expert on horse racing its about the money) but certainly for races like the GN there must be backup options.

It's odd that you are placing pound bets and tiny bets, but then in your winning Real Madrid bet you are stating that you placed around £30 quid to make £100 profit.

To say Ruby Walsh kept falling off his horse it a bit harsh when both horses fell. He can hardly stay on when the horse is led on the floor on its side. As for he should have thought about the consequences of falling again, he's a professional jockey employed by his powerful stable and owners to ride their horses. He can't just bottle out and pick and choose what races he rides in. Whilst you may see the Grand National as a significant race this weekend, the other feature races on each days are still huge, prestigious races in the National Hunt calender. Vatour, who fell with Walsh on yesterday, is rated a far better horse than all of the horses in National.

Nina Carberry takes over on Sir Des Champs.

It's odd that you are placing pound bets and tiny bets, but then in your winning Real Madrid bet you are stating that you placed around £30 quid to make £100 profit.

To say Ruby Walsh kept falling off his horse it a bit harsh when both horses fell. He can hardly stay on when the horse is led on the floor on its side. As for he should have thought about the consequences of falling again, he's a professional jockey employed by his powerful stable and owners to ride their horses. He can't just bottle out and pick and choose what races he rides in. Whilst you may see the Grand National as a significant race this weekend, the other feature races on each days are still huge, prestigious races in the National Hunt calender. Vatour, who fell with Walsh on yesterday, is rated a far better horse than all of the horses in National.

Nina Carberry takes over on Sir Des Champs.

It was £40 on the win and £19 on the draw. Without the draw stake my profit would either have been £180 (or more as I probably would have placed that extra £19 on the win) so my profit was £120. Felt the odds were excellent and based more on the players than Real playing away from home. A team with Bale, Ronaldo, etc at 9/2 is exceptional value as far as I'm concerned.

I don't regret placing the draw as well. Would do the exact same again as I did on Atletico/draw (though I actually got my money back on that by betting on Barca at 1-1 lol) though it wasn't anywhere near as much. As I said you can make money last a long time.

I didn't actually see the incident just went off twitter comments. People seemed to be blaming him but its not like I read that many. Its all Sambo's fault as it was his initial tweet (never bet a red hot favourite if it has Ruby Walsh on it) that got my attention! Ironic thing is I replied with a comment on Vanteur losing not knowing it was Walsh riding that horse.

Probably going to be made fun of for this but anyway...

I cashed in my West Ham win bet at 3-2 having cashed in the draw bet last night. I placed that on the GN instead then decided to deposit another fiver in. For some reason I did something that is extremely rare for me. At least for bets over 50p anyway and that was to bet on the correct score.

£4 on West Ham to win 4-3 for return of just over £400. It ended 3-3. Not long ago I probably would have chucked a chair down the stairs in a blind rage. Have to admit quite proud of myself for taking it so calmly. Actually thought about cashing out as it was around £40 with 10 mins to go but chose not to. There's safety and then there's safety to the point of stupidity would anyone else have even considered cashing that out? Now if I had done that and West Ham won 4-3 its safe to say that probably would have angered me a great deal. The 4-3 ironically won me some money as its the reason I cashed in my initial win bet.

Maybe I'll get a big win on the GN anyway...

Well this has been a lucky day...NOT. Had several small bets and a couple of bigger bets on the GN. Of course Rule the World was not one of them.

Still in profit overall since starting this thread. Just put £30 on a City win (went 1-0 down good odds on a comeback at almost EVS so bet on it) so good chance of getting most of my losses today back from that.

Think it will be time to take a break for a few days from this thread if not. Been unlucky today and I'm certainly not going to be REALLY unlucky.

EDIT-City already level looks like a good decision.

Yes hopefully City will see it out put £40 on it actually not £30. I placed £5 on West Brom draw about 3 mins ago at 9/1. So giving up a fiver if City win but its worth it to at least get the money and a small profit back if WBA equalise.

Somehow I don't think WBA will score 2 lol.

£33 profit it is then cancels out most (if not entirely all) of my losses on the GN.

Oh and I lost 10p on Rovers to win 5-1 :rover: That was 250/1 I think Chris Brown to score was 1000/1.

That it? Sure favourite was at least 8-1 and the winner was 33/1. Are you sure £140 isn't a typing error unless it was some kind of split betting pool?

Either something like that or she picked the worst betting site in the world.

Dear me. Vinjay, do you think comments like this might be seen as less 'holier than thou' if your betting 'tips' were a bit more successful? You're starting to make Mercerman look decent.

is the quote button bust?

VinjayV4

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1243 posts

Posted Today, 12:42 AM

That it? Sure favourite was at least 8-1 and the winner was 33/1. Are you sure £140 isn't a typing error unless it was some kind of split betting pool?

Either something like that or she picked the worst betting site in the world.

*************************************************************************************************************

wow what a big headed arrogent post from our "expert".

you moan you get harassed abullied yet you dish this up....pathetic

in other news ,what a belting day it was at Aintree yesterday ,loved it ! lost every race but hangover free today for some strange reason. On a plus my matched betting is making money daily.

in other news ,what a belting day it was at Aintree yesterday ,loved it ! lost every race but hangover free today for some strange reason. On a plus my matched betting is making money daily.

Great day out isn't it ? Went there on hospitality a couple of years ago, great atmosphere making Cheltenham look too stuffy.

Great day out isn't it ? Went there on hospitality a couple of years ago, great atmosphere making Cheltenham look too stuffy.

Aintree is superb although the redevelopment of Cheltenham had made the area behind the stands where the parade ring is so much better this year.

However I find you can move around a bit easier at Aintree than at Cheltenham.

Both have recently broken the £5 a pint barrier though :-(

Aintree was £4.80 lager & 4.60 for bitter however food was astronomical!

Last year in the big Marquee with the stage / screens, Guiness was £5.20 on the Friday

Food is always a rip off.

I once went to Haddock in the summer and there was a couple of scouse lads led on the grass out towards the back of the main stand. I wondered why they had gone so far away from everyone else until a holdall full of cans magically appeared underneath/ through the hedge that separates the course from the main road. The rest of the hedge was so thick you wouldn't get a single can through. I wondered how many times they'd gotten away with it. I also wondered how they got away with walking around with and when they course doesn't actually sell cans !

• Backroom

You know I've never done a day at the races - need to change that.

The wife went to haydock last year they do these events with a concert and a few races and she had a cracking time.

Archived