BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Play Venky's. Decide Lambert's Budget For The Summer

• Moderation Lead

Isn't Chaddy saying what he thinks will happen, rather than what he would like to? That's how I read it in any case. The more money Lambert gets the better, but I don't expect Venky's to start making it rain, because, well, it's Venky's.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Chaddy saying what he thinks will happen, rather than what he would like to? That's how I read it in any case. The more money Lambert gets the better, but I don't expect Venky's to start making it rain, because, well, it's Venky's.....

That's were he isn't helping himself he should reword it

As at the moment it seems were well and truly being let to run or sink slowly

Even after everything in Venky's reign Saturday was a low point and what was served up on the pitch really did it for a lot of people

The moans going up livesey branch Road.. A lot of sentences started if Venkys aren't bothered the managers not bothered the players didn't seem bothered why the F should we.

Says it all

• Moderation Lead

That's were he isn't helping himself he should reword it

As at the moment it seems were well and truly being let to run or sink slowly

Even after everything in Venky's reign Saturday was a low point and what was served up on the pitch really did it for a lot of people

The moans going up livesey branch Road.. A lot of sentences started if Venkys aren't bothered the managers not bothered the players didn't seem bothered why the F should we.

Says it all

The bit in bold is pretty much how I see it as well....

Says it all

Thats exactly how Ive seen it.

I was thinking on going to Forest away tomorrow before Saturday but why should I bother spending my money when you manager basically saying to the owners either back me or I quit and players not performing to the high standard/doing their job cos they are basically on Holiday. Plus the manager's comments havent help the players attitude BUT AT LEAST he is being truthful to the fans tho.

Guess we cant have it both ways tho can we?

Thats exactly how Ive see it.

I was thinking on going to Forest away tomorrow before Saturday but why should I bother spending my money when you manager basically saying to the owners either back me or I quit and players not performing to the high standard/doing their job cos they are basically on Holiday. Plus the manager's comments havent help the players attitude BUT AT LEAST he is being truthful to the fans tho.

Guess we cant have it both ways tho can we?

Same here Chaddy, no way I am driving up Forest, waste of money.

You'd assume that having this Pasha guy here that Lamberts requests are being passed back to Pune, surely that's the idea of having this guy around. As always though just what context it's being passed back in may be a problem. We've seen it before, does the truth get passed back or just a polite non urgent watered down version of it ?

If you'd recommended a change of manager and maybe encouraged them to go for the guy now in charge I'm not sure he'll be telling them wholeheartedly that said guy is now rocking the boat repeatedly.

I've had the stuffing knocked out of me these last few weeks. I've gone from elation when Lambert and Irvine were appointed that maybe, just maybe, these people had learnt from 5 years of failure and millions of pounds wasted and had realised that we needed a proven manager and proper structure in place to succeed. Perhaps finally we 'meant business' and could look forward with optimism and have all supporters united behind a credible managerial appointment. Now its back to the usual weary resignation. I've now reached the stage where I almost don't care if Lambert walks out. Infact I'd be surprised if he doesn't, and I'd have a lot of respect for him if he did. Where do we go after that? League One almost certainly, unless they pull off a big surprise.

Even if, and its a big if, Venkys surprise us all and decide to provide Lambert with a decent budget of at least all the Rhodes money to rebuild this squad, I have no belief that they will put a proper structure in place at the club to make it all worthwhile. Its not as easy as just agreeing to a sum of money, they need to meet Lambert's other requirements, such as putting a proper board in place, communicating with the board on a regular basis, and allowing the board to make signings/appointments without gaining approval from India first. Unless they put this in place then it doesn't matter how much money they give Lambert because we will miss out on targets and he will get too frustrated with the way things are operating at the club.

The mystery is why on earth they decided to appoint such a high maintenance manager. Lambert was never going to come here and stay here without money to spend to get us promoted, and he was never going to sit quietly and say nothing if he wasn't happy with the structure of the club. If Venkys wanted someone who was going to put up with their way of working and not speak out against them then there would have been many better alternatives than Lambert, who is 'old school' in his beliefs of how a manager should be able to work and won't put up with rubbish from the owners.

If Venkys wanted someone who was going to put up with their way of working and not speak out against them then there would have been many better alternatives than Lambert, who is 'old school' in his beliefs of how a manager should be able to work and won't put up with rubbish from the owners.

They already had somebody in situ who fitted that description.

If I took over of Rovers as owner tomorrow I would meet Lambert and discuss his plans for the club as one of the very first things I would do. Also appoint an experience CEO with football experience and let him run the club for me. I would attend every game and meet the manager every week/game.

Would communicate to the fans via the Rovers website and local paper/SSN.

How likely is this ever to happen? Zero chance but we can all dream tho. Haha.

But we are all passionate Rovers fans and we are Rovers fans till we die.

If I took over of Rovers as owner tomorrow I would meet Lambert and discuss his plans for the club as one of the very first things I would do. Also appoint an experience CEO with football experience and let him run the club for me. I would attend every game and meet the manager every week/game.

Would communicate to the fans via the Rovers website and local paper/SSN.

How likely is this ever to happen? Zero chance but we can all dream tho. Haha.

But we are all passionate Rovers fans and we are Rovers fans till we die.

The problem now is its got too far the debt is massive and growing even if the debt was wrote off by Venky's the running costs for the next two seasons alone the trust action group whatever can't afford the 40millions or so working capital that would include loans freebies etc as we wouldn't have a transfer budget that would cost even more

Then there's the small matter of the external debt

A financial expert has even said BRFC in its current state isn't even touchable for free.

I think even you chaddy are coming around to realising this club is screwed and unless Venky's appointed a proper board with authority and gave a budget for a promotion push the club is dying a painful slow death

TBH I'd rather they just go and we start again

How I don't have the answer

Saturday basically summed the whole situation up for a lot of people

I sat above PL and the thing what stood out more than anything which other people nearby commented on was his body language he wasn't his usual passionate self.

But by saying that it was no excuse for professional well paid players not bothering putting in a shift.

As forest love going to Nottingham but this is one time I refuse to waste my cash on that dross

They already had somebody in situ who fitted that description.

They were badly advised again there confused....

We need them gone and start again come what or where that maybe

There will be no budget because they need to appease their shareholders after a not-so-great set of financial results.

You don't do that by throwing more money at what is probably seen as a very expensive mistake/publicity stunt.

I would be amazed if there there was any budget at all for transfer fees.

There will be no budget because they need to appease their shareholders after a not-so-great set of financial results.

You don't do that by throwing more money at what is probably seen as a very expensive mistake/publicity stunt.

We're rioting if this happens, right?

I thought the money that went into Rovers came either from the family's own cash reserves or from their personal arrangement with the Bank of India.

If so, its highly unlikely that minor shareholders in Venkys India Ltd will have any interest in what the Rao's do with their own cash.

Even if their shareholders were expressing concerns about the amount of money going into Rovers, I'm sure the family could easily find other sources of cash for the football club from their numerous other interests/assets rather than just ignoring the club.

Just 20 short years after the Premiership....and we are almost wanting Administration.

Ainsworth and Dunny(Assistant Manager)...put the youngsters in and take the Administration to league 1.

New local Board of Directors (after lumping the 100mn back onto the Venkys as 'experience money') with a fresh start and a new 'lifetime' Season Ticket plus free Under 12s season ticket(and free scarf). Banners all the way round the Ground and the famous people from the Town and Region encouraged to join a 'renaissance team' to assist with RALLY ROUND THE ROVERS.

I'll get my coat.

I thought the money that went into Rovers came either from the family's own cash reserves or from their personal arrangement with the Bank of India.

If so, its highly unlikely that minor shareholders in Venkys India Ltd will have any interest in what the Rao's do with their own cash.

Even if their shareholders were expressing concerns about the amount of money going into Rovers, I'm sure the family could easily find other sources of cash for the football club from their numerous other interests/assets rather than just ignoring the club.

However we are financed - they'll want to show that they are focusing on their core business and addressing any areas that are under performing - without it there is no finance.

I'd be surprised if the funds come from personal cash reserves - hasn't it been said in the past that it's an agreement with BOI based on the vast of amount of land the V's own?

Just doesn't look good if you're borrowing another £10m from the Bank when your business is under performing.

1. There will be no budget

2. Lambert will walk

3. Dunny as manager to take us into league 1

4. The V's finally throw in the towel and it's administration time.

Nailed on except that the wages budget will be significantly less than current.

£5-£10 Million sounds about right, but to be honest I have no idea what a lower half championship club, realistically needs to invest, to bring about a transformation to become a top three - top six team.

Is it all about cash ? I suspect a lot of it is, but how much did Lambert get at Norwich when he took them to the PL ?

Lambert and his coaching staff are very experienced and well respected, you do expect they should be able to get the best from the players, however much they cost, in either fees or wages.

The problem (as many say and most agree) is that it is not just about the level of investment or the ability of the coaching staff. The club needs a professional (and fully engaged) CEO and boardroom, working behind the scenes to run the club on a day to day basis and support the coaching staff as fully as possible. Sadly the owners have never really understood that or accepted it, a cultural failing perhaps?

I suspect the current impasse will be broken soon, one way or the other, the situation at the moment is untenable and pretty desperate. I can't see what the future holds, I just hope there is a way forward and that the club can progress and not drop back any further.

You'd assume that having this Pasha guy here that Lamberts requests are being passed back to Pune, surely that's the idea of having this guy around. As always though just what context it's being passed back in may be a problem. We've seen it before, does the truth get passed back or just a polite non urgent watered down version of it ?

If you'd recommended a change of manager and maybe encouraged them to go for the guy now in charge I'm not sure he'll be telling them wholeheartedly that said guy is now rocking the boat repeatedly.

Is there more to Venkys than we know if the authority's are blocking their guys from working here like Shebby and this latest fella.

Is there more to Venkys than we know if the authority's are blocking their guys from working here like Shebby and this latest fella.

I don't think they are blocking them, they just have to go through the correct visa application process.

Back to the budget,

zero, nil, zilch, no, cero, शून्य, null, nialas, nulo.

Archived