BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Play Venky's. Decide Lambert's Budget For The Summer

1. None - Please make do with Loanies and freebies

2. Less than 5 million - You are supposed to improve the team on a minimal budget

3. 5-10 million - Rhodes money is the most you will get

4. 10-20 million - We will back you almost all the money we got from player sales some now and other later in January depending on our position in the League

5. 20 million+ - Lets go All in - All the money we got from player sales + We will convert some more debt to equity

I would be thankful if the mods put this as a Poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Practicality and Wishful thinking are two different things. Anyway if the mods think they should convert this into a poll it would be good to know people's opinions. I am sure many would like to have a 7th option there called - Lets rewind the clock back 5 years - But we all know thats wishful thinking at best.

It should be number 3 at least ... But I honestly believe Lambert could get us in top 6 using number 2 .. there is some quality out there on free's and loans and I could trust him to find it

I think the budget should be around 8 million pounds plus Wages. Also he should get some of the money from player sales.

If you look at the job Chris Hughton has done at Brighton and hasnt spend 20 millions but I believe he spent around 6 to 7 million in the summer on players. Built a good squad there.

This summer they are some good free transfers out there, also look to sign good players from league 1 and 2 who can play at Championship level.

Lambert has sign good players from lower leagues before from his time at Norwich like Bennett, Howson, Pilkington

Options 2 and 3 give Lambert a chance to make us competitive.

That's me having faith in the judgement of both Venkys ambitions (gambling on promotion jackpot) and Lambert ' s composition of a squad.

If his ambitions aren't bankrolled, I wouldn't blame him for walking out on us.

1. None - Please make do with Loanies and freebies

2. Less than 5 million - You are supposed to improve the team on a minimal budget

3. 5-10 million - Rhodes money is the most you will get

4. 10-20 million - We will back you almost all the money we got from player sales some now and other later in January depending on our position in the League

5. 20 million+ - Lets go All in - All the money we got from player sales + We will convert some more debt to equity

I would be thankful if the mods put this as a Poll.

2. Less than 5 million. If we're lucky. Lambert to walk days before the first game of the season leaving an already threadbare squad in limbo.

Yes I am now that pessimistic.

I think the budget should be around 8 million pounds plus Wages. Also he should get some of the money from player sales.

If you look at the job Chris Hughton has done at Brighton and hasnt spend 20 millions but I believe he spent around 6 to 7 million in the summer on players. Built a good squad there.

This summer they are some good free transfers out there, also look to sign good players from league 1 and 2 who can play at Championship level.

Lambert has sign good players from lower leagues before from his time at Norwich like Bennett, Howson, Pilkington

Bennett is crap.

never seen anyone cover almost every angle.

1.start of season you said we'd be promotion chasing.

2.you didn't want bowyer sacking

3.you wanted bowyer sacking

4.you didnt want bowyer sacking then on same day you did

5.you said we needed 5 new players

6 we need 9 or 10 new players

7 we are getting a 10 million we budget

8 we are getting a 20 million budget

9 we now need 8 million

4.you didnt want bowyer sacking then on same day you did

5.you said we needed 5 new players

6 we need 9 or 10 new players

7 we are getting a 10 million budget

8 we are getting a 20 million budget

9 we now need 8 million

Right Abbey, I will reply and repeat what I said in a respectful manner

On point 4, I wanted Bowyer sack after the Brentford game as I had enough of watching of negative football. I was very angry after that performance.

On point 6, its clear to see the squad needs a massive overhaul to challenge for promotion next season.

On point 7 and 8, I never said that Lambert was deffo getting 20 million at all but suggestion that what Lambert would need to get quality players in since we need 8-10 signings this summer. Also said I was expecting the owners to back Lambert and his plans, since I didnt see the point of bringing in an experience manager and backroom staff and the cost of doing so, without backing him with serious cash. He has come here to get us back to the Premier League. Its has already cost them in sacking Bowyer and his staff plus bringing Lambert and his staff already

On point 9, that is what I would give Lambert this summer to spend. Also some of money from any sales that happens. Also got to take into consideration the 100 mil debt.

But the final decision isnt ours to make but the owners.

I doubt that's going to happen.. So does Lambert

Lambert signed them players for Norwich a long time ago has he still got the knack? Well with his January incomings that is highly doubtful

BTW you've down graded from the 15 million

Great comment eh.

Far from crap imo but nothing special.

Just a standard fairly good Championship player

Lambert has already said he doesn't want standard championship

Archived