BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Brown

Sadly CB was sick and could not make today's squad.

I would love CB to score.

I do hear however that a recent Rovers MD (who is now on the shelf as far as Rovers are concerned) agreed a contract that gave CB £10,000 as a bonus when he scores his first goal for us.

I would hate CB to score.

Sadly CB was sick and could not make today's squad.

I would love CB to score.

I do hear however that a recent Rovers MD (who is now on the shelf as far as Rovers are concerned) agreed a contract that gave CB £10,000 as a bonus when he scores his first goal for us.

I would hate CB to score.

If he was paid per goal he'd be down at the local food bank by now.

Who buys a striker and gives them a 10k bonus for scoring.

Isn't that their job?

Like employing a joiner and paying him for hammering in his first nail.

It's not that long ago when we were employing carpenter's, not joiners !

Isn't that their job?

It is common. A recently departed striker was on £5k per goal. Similarly a lot of goalkeepers have clean sheet bonuses in their contracts.

I wonder if any % of that motivational tool would find it's way back to it's benefactor or those who made that very strange signing ?

If Venky's did the unthinkable and made a budget available thank Christ that goofy green flash geezer is not around to sign off / alter the contracts.

Isn't that their job?

Common mate that. I know a young lad who's just broke into the shelf Utd first team as wing back and the other week they won and kept a clean sheet and his wages that week went from £400 to £3k

Common mate that. I know a young lad who's just broke into the shelf Utd first team as wing back and the other week they won and kept a clean sheet and his wages that week went from £400 to £3k

I know a lad who started the season at Barrow in the National league and he was on a bonus for each goal he scored. Imagine if a chance came along were squaring the ball to a team mate meant he had an easy tap in, but your chance was 50/50. Do you square the ball and ensure the teams score or go for the 50/50 as the Mortgage is due? Also as the fans cheer a goal and the scorer appears to be seeking their adulation, is he thinking brilliant, the team and supporters needed this, or, that's ££££££££££££ in my account? The game has descended into chaos I am afraid!

This is all quite wide of the mark. Chris was actually in Dortmund finalising talks and penning a Bosman move in the summer to Borussia (due to us dragging our feet as usual).

Does he need any help with the negotiations?

Sadly Fortunately CB was sick and could not make today's squad.

Corrected for you.

Think Lambert likes Chris Brown as a substitute so that Danny Graham can be taken off or rested.This way he can manage to get through the 90 minutes given that Graham is 31 later this year and a tad injury prone,although very effective for us.

That doesn't mean he likes Brown though does it. He has no-one else to put on. If the JW statue was registered as a player he would just as soon wheel that on, who would notice the difference?

Archived