BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Big Match Preview: Rotherham Away - 30Th April

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we' haven't been scoring enough goals or getting good enough results either with or without Rhodes. Similarly we'd obviously have been better off with both Rhodes and Graham .

As it is we're probably going to end up with no-one come July 2nd, so we'd have been in a far better position keeping Rhodes than having no-one at all.

Not rocket science den.

All very hypothetical since Rhodes had been wanting away for the last 3 transfer windows.

Did I read that right?

Graham is a better striker than Rhodes?

I need to lie down

Yep.

Now I might be wrong here, but wasn't it you that got a lot of stick on here for posting a lot, but never going on?

Apologies in advance Shaun, if I got that wrong.

Yep he's a guy. Hat, beard, twinkle in his eye and Pasha is his name-o.

The next 'proper' manager may need to be delivered by a guy with the same attributes but the beard will be white, the hat red, and the appointment might need to wait until late December.

Yep.

Now I might be wrong here, but wasn't it you that got a lot of stick on here for posting a lot, but never going on?

Apologies in advance Shaun, if I got that wrong.

Possibly. Have been in protest exile for 3 years. Even our peg knows a striker who scores loads is better by definition than one who doesn't. It's not like Graham is Mike Newell

Just my two pennorth

Possibly. Have been in protest exile for 3 years. Even our peg knows a striker who scores loads is better by definition than one who doesn't. It's not like Graham is Mike Newell

Just my two pennorth

Funnily enough Graham does actually remind me a bit of Mike Newell.......

Funnily enough Graham does actually remind me a bit of Mike Newell.......

Graham could easily be the Mike Newell type I've said we've always needed. Holds the ball up well, lays it off well, good passer, scores and works hard.

Now if only we could keep hold of him and get a Speedie type alongside.

Graham could easily be the Mike Newell type I've said we've always needed. Holds the ball up well, lays it off well, good passer, scores and works hard.

Now if only we could keep hold of him and get a Speedie type alongside.

The point that keeps (conveniently) being ignored is that we had the perfect foil for Graham and they never got to play together.

The point that keeps (conveniently) being ignored is that we had the perfect foil for Graham and they never got to play together.

That's because Rhodes can't play in the hole, or form any kind of partnership. If you want two target men playing side by side, then we tried that one with Rhodes and Gestede. 40 goals between them but the team just wasn't good enough and a big chunk of the reason for that was that neither of those two had the talent to bring others into the game as does Graham or many other good footballing centre forwards do.

That's because Rhodes can't play in the hole, or form any kind of partnership. If you want two target men playing side by side, then we tried that one with Rhodes and Gestede. 40 goals between them but the team just wasn't good enough and a big chunk of the reason for that was that neither of those two had the talent to bring others into the game as does Graham or many other good footballing centre forwards do.

Haha. "He can't form any kind of partnership" but then you follow it up with the fact that "he and Gestede got 40-plus goals between them". C'mon den.

Yeah but the damage has already been done, I was talking about going forward. The new manager would do well to convince Graham to stay and to get someone who can play alongside him that's a Speedie or Dickov type.

Yeah but the damage has already been done, I was talking about going forward. The new manager would do well to convince Graham to stay and to get someone who can play alongside him that's a Speedie or Dickov type.

It's all academic really. I'd love Graham to stay, but I expect he'll be out of Big Top Brockhall on 7th May and that will be that. We've no money and he will have far better offers. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he rocked up at Bumley. :rolleyes: But there will be Championship clubs more ambitious than us in for him.

Haha. "He can't form any kind of partnership" but then you follow it up with the fact that "he and Gestede got 40-plus goals between them". C'mon den.

There's a reason why all the big clubs have stayed away from him Stuart. They know that playing him would weaken their teams, just as it did ours. The FA cup games where he didn't play, followed by the game's directly after he left, are some of the teams best performances since he joined us. They weren't coincidences. Danny Grahams technical abilities immediately improved the teams performances - seeing us perform much better and score more goals. what more evidence do you want?

"Where will the goals come from" suggest you didn't see the problems in playing him.

Danny Grahams technical abilities immediately improved the teams performances - seeing us perform much better and score more goals. what more evidence do you want?

Is this some alternate reality? Scan the league table

Is this some alternate reality? Scan the league table

Shaun..........

You haven't seen the team play for three years. How can you tell me about the merits of any rovers player or comment on performances?

I could argue that both Rhodes and Graham both played in significantly weaker teams than previous. Both are good but different players. And it's neither of them's fault we are in the position we are in, it's more the people behind them or managing them. But I can't be bothered.

Shaun..........

You haven't seen the team play for three years. How can you tell me about the merits of any rovers player or comment on performances?

Ah that old chestnut. The last bastion of a lonely voice on the ropes.

So that makes it ok for you to post stuff that didn't really happen exactly as you describe it? Performances didn't improve long term and goals didn't fly in. Ref: League Table and while your at it check the top goalscorer charts.....a who's who of profligacy?

Ok, I'll butt out from now and let you re-write history as you see fit to match your anti-rhodes agenda. In reality we were crap with him and crap without him but as you know different I'll leave you to it.

Archived