BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Big Match Preview: Rotherham Away - 30Th April

No-one would suggest the squad could be completely rebuilt for 2-3m Parson. On the other hand a competitive wage bill is almost as significant as a huge transfer budget in this League imo. Graham for example would be presumably available on a free with his wages being the potential stumbling block.

You're quite right though about the number of players out of contract. All the more reason Lambert should have set about rectifying the long term position in January and not exacerbated the problem by bringing in a raft of (generally useless) players on loan and short term deals.

Come on mate Lambert has clearly stated that he can't sign players at the moment and wanted clarification of the summer budget.. plus excluding Graham who on the list of players leaving would you want to re-sign...Brown? Gomez (was expecting more)? Delfouneso?, Williamson? Spurr? Eastwood? Kilgallon (32 and fourth choice central def)? Jackson? Grimes is not an option, Wattt has gone..

Fact is loans and freebies are always going to be a gamble, there is a reason why they are free, just look at Gomez we all expected more from him.

You also missed the fact we will have no recognised left back and not a single striker in our squad next season.... decent players who are free tend to be more mercenary, they have let their contracts run down and command bigger signing on fees and wages, those released by their clubs tend not to be good enough (with the exceptions to that rule in high demand) and loanies are short term stop gaps (kids out for experience) and players out of favour. How much will it cost us to get the three strikers minimum we need?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know what planet Revidge blue lives on these days.

The accounts will show whether Lambert was backed or not and I can tell you there has been the most enormous disinvestment in the club this season.

Watched the game on Rovers Player, nice to get a win, Rotherham were decent if no cutting edge, both teams could have scored a couple more. Grimes struggled a bit, the rest of the team did well enough.

What really stood out were the Rovers fans, second half especially. Really loud all the way through, felt almost like you were there, great to hear Venkys out and Paul Lambert we want you to say. Nice to hear his appreciation in the post match interviews.

This match was what we call a 'dead rubber'. Don't read too much into any of it. Whoever comes in now will have to start from scratch anyway. Venkys have just wasted another 6 months, and added another 6 months of debt.

Shaw and Myers, presumably, brought in Lambert, now all three are out. Who is even going to recruit the next guy?

Wasnt Lambert brought in by some Pasha guy allegedly? Starting from scratch can be an handicap or an opportunity for the new manager depending on how he looks at it. I am still undecided on whether we are better off scoring goals without Rhodes or not but what I am definitely sure is we are worse off in defending under Lambert then even a rookie {read non-experienced} manager like Gary Bowyer and presumably we have one of the "better" CB pairings in the league.

Wasnt Lambert brought in by some Pasha guy allegedly? Starting from scratch can be an handicap or an opportunity for the new manager depending on how he looks at it. I am still undecided on whether we are better off scoring goals without Rhodes or not but what I am definitely sure is we are worse off in defending under Lambert then even a rookie {read non-experienced} manager like Gary Bowyer and presumably we have one of the "better" CB pairings in the league.

Better CB pairings ?

Duffy is a liability and needs replacing , plus Steele is poor at best .. left back not good enough too...Now who signed these muppets ?

Better CB pairings ?

Duffy is a liability and needs replacing , plus Steele is poor at best .. left back not good enough too...Now who signed these muppets ?

I did say allegedly. ;) Ward was Lambert's signing. If Duffy was such a liability why was Ward not played every game? Surely he would have been much better?

I did say allegedly. ;) Ward was Lambert's signing. If Duffy was such a liability why was Ward not played every game? Surely he would have been much better?

I would have thought so but you never know whats in their contracts !

Our performances, since he decided he could no longer work with absent, silent, unsupportive owners have been poor, I agree. But in putting that down to Lambert alone, you are watching the smoke rise and blaming the engineless, hoseless, waterless firefighter (who has been telling everyone about his lack of engine, hose and water) rather than the known, serial arsonists.

Let's see if Pasha is able to convince the next credible, experienced manager that they have turned over new leaf and are going to 'go for it'. Presumably to do so they'd have to blame Lambert - which might not go down well with the managers' circle, even if it were believed. I know if I was the next prospective manager I'd have a similar clause which said "Show me the money".

Yep he's a guy. Hat, beard, twinkle in his eye and Pasha is his name-o.

I did say allegedly as we will never know who hired whom. Weren't u the guy championing this appointment in the first place? Maybe I am confused.

Confused ? Are you sure you ain't a Venky ? (Joke before I get reported like Yoda did)

It's been said Myers made the contact but who okayed it and who's idea it actually was is anyone's guess. Considering it turned into the usual balls up it sounds like a desperate chuck and chance that didn't work.

:). Really?

Obviously we' haven't been scoring enough goals or getting good enough results either with or without Rhodes. Similarly we'd obviously have been better off with both Rhodes and Graham .

As it is we're probably going to end up with no-one come July 2nd, so we'd have been in a far better position keeping Rhodes than having no-one at all.

Not rocket science den.

Obviously we' haven't been scoring enough goals or getting good enough results either with or without Rhodes. Similarly we'd obviously have been better off with both Rhodes and Graham .

As it is we're probably going to end up with no-one come July 2nd, so we'd have been in a far better position keeping Rhodes than having no-one at all.

Not rocket science den.

Ah - we've gone from "where will the goals come from", to "we don't score enough goals". Well that's a big change of tack. True, we don't score enough, but we do score more Rev and that's without spending the £11m. No point wishing he was still here either. We haven't missed him for one second, the manager didn't want him and he wanted out.

Not rocket science, just the truth.

Ah - we've gone from "where will the goals come from", to "we don't score enough goals". Well that's a big change of tack. True, we don't score enough, but we do score more Rev and that's without spending the £11m. No point wishing he was still here either. We haven't missed him for one second, the manager didn't want him and he wanted out.

Not rocket science, just the truth.

Hope you're still saying that next season den.

Not really a relevant point either that the manager didn't want him as Lambert obviously knew from a relatively early stage he wouldn't be here next season, so what did he care how strong the squad would be going forward?.

I wouldn't call it hating, it's just fact. I understand how good a goal scorer and overall player Rhodes was for the club, but it was clearly time for him to more on, and time for us to move on from him

If it is a choice between Rhodes and money we'll never see invested in the team then it's obvious which is better.

If it were Rhodes ir Lambert has 9 mill to spend that's a different question but not one we need consider anymore.

Not rocket science den.

How long do you think Rhodes would have been here after July 2nd ?

If it is a choice between Rhodes and money we'll never see invested in the team then it's obvious which is better.

If it were Rhodes ir Lambert has 9 mill to spend that's a different question but not one we need consider anymore.

Let's face it most of us knew that coin would never get reinvested, we might have hoped but deep down we knew. The Lambert temporary hiring and a few loans covered up the blow of losing Rhodes to a lot of fans briefly and delayed the unravelling of the real picture.

We've been conned again in my book.

Absolutely absurd to imagine that Rhodes would have stayed around indefinitely while these clowns continued to run down the club.

Equally ridiculous to imagine that Venkys wouldn't have cashed in on their most valuable asset given the financial situation of the club.

Additionally he wanted to go! Last summer!

This is fantasy stuff all aimed at Lambert where the real problem is the owners.

Archived