BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fire Sale! The Value Of What Is Left - Your Views?

Like it says in the title, what are our collective thoughts on what is left at the club that could realistically be liquidated to raise cash (for the greedy needy folk of Pune)?

I was thinking along the lines of:

Hanley - £2 to 3 Mill

Henley - £1 Mill

Lowe - £1 mill

Olsson - £500K

Steele - £500K

Other assets??? I'm presuming Ewood and Brockhall are subject to charges / committed already

I don't think there's much left :angry2:

Ewood is worth sod all, real estate prices are rock bottom in that area. The only value is its use as a football ground and that has been devalued.

The only remaining value in BRFC is Brockhall; I expect the V's will sell it at some stage. PNE would probably be interested in buying it.

Like it says in the title, what are our collective thoughts on what is left at the club that could realistically be liquidated to raise cash (for the greedy needy folk of Pune)?

I was thinking along the lines of:

Hanley - £2 to 3 Mill

Henley - £1 Mill

Lowe - £1 mill

Olsson - £500K

Steele - £500K

Other assets??? I'm presuming Ewood and Brockhall are subject to charges / committed already

I don't think there's much left :angry2:

Your definitely not much of an expert are you :lol:

You might be right on Hanley but couldn't be more wrong on the rest.

Hanley 2 to 5 mill depending on how many and who may want him.

Marshall - as above

Duffy 1.5 to 3 mill (inc add ons)

Henley 2 to 3 hundred K (plus add ons)

Lowe 500k (plus add ons)

Steele 500k (inc add ons)

Evans 500k to 1 mill

Really can't think of any more and I doubt Ewood will ever be worth much, it would have to be sold to someone who could lease it back for use as a football ground. Brockhall has covenents on it.

So all in all there is probably just still enough worth in the playing staff, fixtures and fittings etc to cover the bank overdraft.

Congratulations you loons you really have rendered your own asset virtually worthless in just over 5 years. Got to hand it to you that's some going.

Ewood is worth sod all, real estate prices are rock bottom in that area. The only value is its use as a football ground and that has been devalued.

The only remaining value in BRFC is Brockhall; I expect the V's will sell it at some stage. PNE would probably be interested in buying it.

That's the end game.

They're obviously not interested in the football, the real estate is the only other reason to keep hold of the club.

There'll be no administration, no liquidation, they'll just shut the club down and Blackburn Rovers will cease to exist.

Then the nightmare ended and I woke up.

By the way, how many Hen houses could they fit on the land at Brockhall?

They cannot sell Brockhall I am sure there is a covenant on the place.

Marshall and Hanley are the sellable assets.

I expect to see Duffy, Henley, Williamson, Eastwood, Guthrie, Brown, Conway and Kilgallon all leave.

There are others out of contract as well so its a Blackpool scenario come pre season !

They cannot sell Brockhall I am sure there is a covenant on the place.

Marshall and Hanley are the sellable assets.

I expect to see Duffy, Henley, Williamson, Eastwood, Guthrie, Brown, Conway and Kilgallon all leave.

There are others out of contract as well so its a Blackpool scenario come pre season !

That was my understanding. I think the covenant was, if it ceases to be used as a training facility for BRFC the leasehold reverts to the Walkers trust.

Might be wrong.

Archived