BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mike Cheston Interview

A 6 million hole needs plugging (despite 20 mill of sales of course), oh yes and season tickets are nearly ready to be announced.

Be afraid be very afraid :blink:

They'd never put season ticket prices up, would they?

They're thick, but they're not that thick.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds very much like he is the top man now. All CEO's come from some functional background or other so I don't understand the angst over his being Finance, it's the most common background for CEO's anyway. I was assured on here Shaw came in one day a week and was a complete lightweight and that Myers had been off sick for months, so in reality Cheston was probably doing mostly what he's doing now, with a much better chance he will actually reads things he signs.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be a minority view so I'd better get painting the protest signs,

"What do we want? A fully functioning, autonous Executive team covering all key business disciplines!"

"When do we want it? As soon as a comprehensive recruitment search and interview process can be implemented after first identifying key roles and responsibilities!"

That should get the mob rampaging down Nuttall Street to boot in the Boardroom windows

Think no further than the owners have just helped get rid of the 1 good decision they've made in 6yrs.

Everything else is a side show, despite some inexplicably trying to paint it as a good move.

Cheston, Shaw, Agnew, Finn, Williams, Myers, Singh, Berg, Allardyce, Appleton,Drunken T**T, Bowyer, Lambert.

Disgusting!

The irony of his tweet...

Hes as thick as those 3 nuggets in Pune, then again he took thousands off them also for being inept and useless so who the real fool.

Pretty sure it's a real account Abbey as I know for a fact Rishi Sikka has spoken to him many times in person and is using that account to respond.

I was kind of hoping it was a spoof as like I've written, I met the guy and in person he was alright and I believed out of his depth. Now I just think he's a total tit.

I don't tweet and haven't posted on here for over 12 months but feel compelled to do so as a consequence of the comments from that idiot, who clearly still has some allegiance to the Raos and possibly their ear.

Respect, bloody respect? They bought a PL Club for £23 million and took on a debt of £10 million, where are we now FFS as a consequence of their ownership? In my knowledge, they deserve to be treated with absolute contempt; they are bloody ignorant in addition to everything else.

May be our owners but WE ARE The Rovers!! @#/? off Venkys!!!

I don't tweet and haven't posted on here for over 12 months but feel compelled to do so as a consequence of the comments from that idiot, who clearly still has some allegiance to the Raos and possibly their ear.

Respect, bloody respect? They bought a PL Club for £23 million and took on a debt of £10 million, where are we now FFS as a consequence of their ownership? In my knowledge, they deserve to be treated with absolute contempt; they are bloody ignorant in addition to everything else.

May be our owners but WE ARE The Rovers!! @#/? off Venkys!!!

Nice to see you back

:D

The owners will cover debts as we shrink the playing budget?

We want a manager to utilise the academy?

That £6m drop in parachute payments will be a lot larger when they count up a 40 to 50% drop in season ticket and match day revenue.

Clueless - I don't know what I expected Cheston to say, but the things he has suggest that Venkys will not be investing more money into the club, but will service the debt until they think someone else will take it on - (which they won't.)

I just cannot think of a good reason to renew my ST at this moment.

They should do the right thing and write off the majority of the debt leaving us with the same amount that they started with.

That's the only way they'll fix the whole mess and the only way they'll get a buyer.

Even though technically it is the clubs debt, it is a debt that THEY created. All their doing, all on their watch, their mess to clean up.

From the Cheston interview the bit that worries me is where he says "we will consult the experts, the people who know" when asked if the right man is out there.

What experts ? We know what happened last time they had outside advice. And now SS has popped up with his 2 pence worth. Who will they ask ? Agents with a vested interest ? SEM , Kentaro. They just have no clue.

might as well have a poll on here than ask experts!

Also, did anyone see the news about football clubs in Portugal being used to launder money? Sounds familiar.

Extremely depressing interview, like others have said, comes across as a bean counter who couldn't care less how we do on the pitch next season as long as we don't overspend. I don't think he has any idea how badly the interview comes across in terms of giving the fans some reason for optimism.

The only thing I don't blame him for is not specifying exactly how much money is available to the new manager. You wouldn't expect him to do that. What is important is that regardless of the exact amount there IS a competitive amount available for the new manager but sadly, reading between the lines, there isn't.

People may not agree but to me we are now in exactly the same position as we were in the latter stages under the Walker Trust, albeit at a far lower and more depressing level. Owners who aren't really interested but who will tolerate us as long as it doesn't really impact on them, or at least costs them the minimum amount possible.

Then, as is the case now, there is only one possible outcome from such an approach. Steady deterioration of our fortunes without constant investment in the playing side of things.

Extremely depressing interview, like others have said, comes across as a bean counter who couldn't care less how we do on the pitch next season as long as we don't overspend. I don't think he has any idea how badly the interview comes across in terms of giving the fans some reason for optimism.

The only thing I don't blame him for is not specifying exactly how much money is available to the new manager. You wouldn't expect him to do that. What is important is that regardless of the exact amount there IS a competitive amount available for the new manager but sadly, reading between the lines, there isn't.

People may not agree but to me we are now in exactly the same position as we were in the latter stages under the Walker Trust, albeit at a far lower and more depressing level. Owners who aren't really interested but who will tolerate us as long as it doesn't really impact on them, or at least costs them the minimum amount possible.

Then, as is the case now, there is only one possible outcome from such an approach. Steady deterioration of our fortunes without constant investment in the playing side of things.

It only struck me recently that Hughes resigned for fairly similar reasons: owners happy for the club to stay where it was, ambitions not matching his, money not available etc.

Archived