BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Two More Relegations And Venky's Can Cluck Off

Iceman, what could the fans have done differently?

The agents and the cronies stacked the deck.

Shown more commitment to the protests years ago? We should have come together and kept the heat on but there weren't enough willing to fight for it and because of that we will never know as a united fan base if we could have made a difference. Despite wether it would have made a difference with the owners leaving, it may have brought us together but it didn't, it totally ripped us apart. People like me were being called all sorts by other fans who had their head too far up their arse to see what was clearly happening in front of them. I learned a lot about of our fans back then, I bet many of those types still go down and frankly they don't have my respect and deserve owners like Venkys.

So what could the fans have done differently? Been United? Shown some more passion? Put up a fight? At least treated others with dignity and respect?

I'm well aware that there are some supporters exempt from all this and I'm not blaming the fans for our plight either but in my opinion we all could have done more.

You might be correct and neither of us could ever known the true answer, but id hesitate to think that it would've made much difference if it had been a wider amount of fans involved.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, those having a pop at the protesters were completely out of order.

The way the media portrayed the fans was hard to take and that stacked deck made even full walkouts probably negligible in getting shut. Those scum bags on SSN defending Kean... The "Crocodile tears".

If relegation, court battles with own chairman, constant pay outs and a huge debt doesn't wake you up, I couldn't see protesting doing much else. Even a Kean out banner in India!!! By Indian fans...

I know you aren't blaming the fans but I don't think they or anyone could've done much more.

It's also not doing much good looking back at that time. In response to thread title, I still think the easiest way out for Venkys is promotion, some money and pride back. If they are as rich as it appears, I can see us tumbling even further down their portfolio and priorities with relegations. Shudder at the thought.

I disagree about the fact that these fans won't come back. You only have to look at the fact that both B*rnley and Blackpool have had very large crowds at Wembley very recently, after years of being utterly rubbish. 1 Other less comparable club (due to the population of the area) is Wolves, who had a similar type of ownership to ourselves. They too nearly went out the league. Leeds, Sheff Weds, PNE and Bolton all come to mind too!

People don't just stop supporting their team, they do however switch off and pretend it's not happening, to avoid getting frustrated and upset. I did it when Kean was in charge. Work was a better alternative at weekends. Take the Liverpool FA Cup game though for example. 20,000+ Rovers fans all back at Ewood. It can happen and I believe it will. The next time we win promotion, or get close in a cup competition (a long way off right now I know), Rovers fans will return.

Keep the faith- it will get better eventually. By the law of averages, it had to.

Shown more commitment to the protests years ago? We should have come together and kept the heat on but there weren't enough willing to fight for it and because of that we will never know as a united fan base if we could have made a difference. Despite wether it would have made a difference with the owners leaving, it may have brought us together but it didn't, it totally ripped us apart. People like me were being called all sorts by other fans who had their head too far up their arse to see what was clearly happening in front of them. I learned a lot about of our fans back then, I bet many of those types still go down and frankly they don't have my respect and deserve owners like Venkys.

So what could the fans have done differently? Been United? Shown some more passion? Put up a fight? At least treated others with dignity and respect?

I'm well aware that there are some supporters exempt from all this and I'm not blaming the fans for our plight either but in my opinion we all could have done more.

We couldn't have done anything differently. Venkys haven't understood what's going on from day one. The recent appointment of Coyle proves that. If an owner chooses not to listen, they will do what they want. Take Leeds for example- they have a fanbase which has a reputation, far fiercer than our own. Has their club stil been dragged through muck? Yep. Has anything changed? Not really- they've still got a clown in charge.

Blackpool, not necessarily with the same sort of fans, but with an owner that doesn't listen, are currently in the basement league with about 1000 season ticket holders for next year. Have the Oyston family listened? No, not even with the backlash of the fans. They're still running the club.

It's also not doing much good looking back at that time. In response to thread title, I still think the easiest way out for Venkys is promotion, some money and pride back. If they are as rich as it appears, I can see us tumbling even further down their portfolio and priorities with relegations. Shudder at the thought.

I agree there.

Was speaking to my mate and he came up with the most believable way of making sense of Venkys... He said he honestly believes that they're that out of touch with football that they think "oh we're at the bottom now but maybe sometime we'll be at the top"... Thats the level of knowledge and interest they have and when i thought about it, it makes total sense.

I can see us tumbling even further down their portfolio and priorities with relegations. Shudder at the thought.

How one earth do you fall further than the bottom of the priority pile? We've been there for 95% of their tenure

Not sure they'll ever get rid of it because of the skeletons. Club somehow has to be taken away from them, if it hasn't been already by the BOI :blink:

This is my fear too. Think a lot of it is about saving face but given senca offered them a face saving way out/easing of the problems it makes you wonder why they didn't take it.

Only reason I can see is if even a face saving offer would uncover some massive shame.

This is my fear too. Think a lot of it is about saving face but given senca offered them a face saving way out/easing of the problems it makes you wonder why they didn't take it.

Only reason I can see is if even a face saving offer would uncover some massive shame.

All is not what it seems with these lot in any area and if as suspected a lot of what they have so called put in is stacked in debt then any investment would be swallowed by that you'd think rendering it pointless.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've created a situation that they can't even sell it even if they want out without 100 mill being needed to wipe everything out without them losing their Indian assets. They probably can't just write it off like good owners do.

Clowns, window dressers and all the rest !

How one earth do you fall further than the bottom of the priority pile? We've been there for 95% of their tenure

They still take a quarterly (it would seem) look at us, they could literally forget we exist.

I believe they want to sell the club, but only at a price where they get their money back - which isn't going to happen.

The problem as always is that no-one is prepared to tell them the truth of the matter that the club is pretty much worthless.

I'd take League 2 if it meant getting rid of Venkys.

Booth, in another thread, just got me thinking there could be light at the end of the tunnel. So I thought I would give that line of reasoning a topic of its own.

Would Venky's keep us if we fell into League One? Probably yes, although I feel they would then start having their doubts. League Two? I think they would look to off load us. By then, our (or their) debt would be anyone's guess, income levels would be at rock bottom and the way out for them would be to simply write off the debt and sell for a nominal amount to anyone that would have us. Local businessmen hopefully with the club at their heart.

As business people, I think Venky's are as hard nosed and thick skinned as they come. They wouldn't have any pride to swallow if that scenario arose and I honestly feel that they would simply get rid.

I have posted previously that Venky's tenure at the club is, and has been so far, like death by a thousand cuts. The problem is that we are only at cut three hundred and ten and there's another six hundred and ninety to go. But are we? Well if two relegations ensue, we could be rid of them as early as the summer of 2018.

I know two relegations will be hard to swallow, of that there is no doubt. I would however take it in a heart beat if it meant us being rid of the chicken farmers. If we could 'do a Rangers' it would be fantastic. I know our circumstances would be entirely different to those of Rangers but, if local business men could step in when we were at our lowest ebb and lead us back up the leagues, what a story it would be.

I have had a feeling of doom about the Rovers certainly since we were relegated from the PL and definitely since it has become apparent that Venky's aren't going anywhere in a hurry. In outlining the above, I actually feel a bit of optimism creeping in. I feel it's the way to go and the only feasible way we'll rid ourselves of them.

I still think it'll take us to drop to League 2 before they give the club away, probably to someone else who doesn't give a flying one.

Archived