BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to think a lot of the previous apologists who were clearly having their buttons pushed from some close to the action will have come to their senses now and seen through it all. If they haven't realised they were being played then more fool them although some will still do anything for a couple of quid.

No Kean, Anderson (allegedly) Agnew, Myers or Shaw lurking in the shadows now which surely must help things.

To be fair, if the meeting is to have any effect then people have to look to move forward from his kind of thing. Arguing over the past won't resolve anything.

To be fair, if the meeting is to have any effect then people have to look to move forward from his kind of thing. Arguing over the past won't resolve anything.

If no one takes charge of the meeting it will be a disaster

Let's wait and see. It is far to easy to be negative, even I have been prone to negativity on rare occasions.

I am sure discussions between the groups have taken place and we will have either a Maggie Thatcher or Arthur Scargill type in the Chair.

Keep Calm and Have Faith 👀

Compere/host sorted. The basic format is a table with two members each of The Action Group, Rovers Trust and Ewood Blues. A brief intro and H&S to start, then over to the floor. The main objective of the evening is to allow fans to show unity, in a common desire to enforce a change of ownership at Rovers. We are hoping to steer clear of going over old ground, conspiracy theories, hand wringing over player and manager recruitment etc. We want the fans attending to discuss in an orderly manner (!) ideas to help us achieve that goal.

I shall be going to the meeting, looking forward to it. I am wondering what can be achieved other than everyone agreeing the Raos are bad guys and we want the club sold.

To take action the Trust would need to ballot its' membership as presumably would BRAG, based on previous BRAG statements, and Ewood Blues has no formal structure.

The meeting needs to reach some firm conclusions and an action plan. I feel it would be an idea to have proposals to put to the meeting.

RT members were only notified of the event in the last 36 hours.

I have just been on a site called Roverstalk. All is hunky dory with the owners and our manager, the angry fans are to blame. 1st time I have been on and they seem to enjoy having a wee bit of a go at BRFCC. Just came across this wee gem:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Postby Ethiaa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 am

On a side issue, there is the "open supporters meeting" on Thursday 1st September in Blakeys Bar in King Georges Hall Blackburn - doors open 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

This is being organised by the action group so I guess you can imagine what it's going to be like. But you know, I've told you about it now so you can make your own choice how you waste your time ;)

I have just been on a site called Roverstalk. All is hunky dory with the owners and our manager, the angry fans are to blame. 1st time I have been on and they seem to enjoy having a wee bit of a go at BRFCC. Just came across this wee gem:

On a side issue, there is the "open supporters meeting" on Thursday 1st September in Blakeys Bar in King Georges Hall Blackburn - doors open 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

This is being organised by the action group so I guess you can imagine what it's going to be like. But you know, I've told you about it now so you can make your own choice how you waste your time ;)

Gibbon wrote:

#VenkysOut trending on Twitter because apparently a chunk of fans are VERY ANGRY.

Things that make me angry about Rovers:

1. The stupidity and xenophobia of the Venkys Out mob.

2. Football shirts make me look fatter.

Things that mildly irritate me about Rovers:

1. The time it takes us to appoint a new manager.

It looks like a rest home for Chaddy to me

Archived