BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been difficult to try and find a date that is suitable for everyone. There was two key elements that had to be taken into account first and foremost, and that was that

1) The meeting was central to Blackburn

2) The meeting happened quickly

I have since seen various people unhappy, "why can't it be Saturday", "why is it on a day that i cannot make it", however the reality is, for every person unable to make it - there is someone who wouldn't be able to make it on the days you are available. It is simply impossible to hold this at a time where everybody who wanted to attend, could attend.

There has been much deliberation as to whether we can broadcast this live, or record it for distribution at a later date, we have to consider that people won't say what they really want to say, if its going to be broadcast live - some things that may get said will be borderline and we have to be mindful of this....... But then we don't want people to not feel involved, due to location or availability, so it is a tough one.

It is hard to even tell how many will turn up, will it be the usual 50-60 that turned up to these meetings 4 years ago, or will it be hitting a capacity and be seeing a full room - who knows? All we do know - is this needed to happen and happen fast.

I really do wish there was a sure fire way for everyone to be able to come together and discuss everything in person, however location, and the fact we couldn't find a venue for the clubs entire fan base, is the reality.

I would just urge everyone fortunate enough to have the choice to attend, to attend. Those who cannot attend but would like to make suggestions or some input, feel free to contact me either via pm or via email (chairman@brfcactiongroup.co.uk) and i will do all i can to facilitate this.

Finally, i want to point out that this is not a meeting for the BRFC Action Group, or for the Rovers Trust, this is a supporters meeting for the everyday supporter to have their voice heard and for us to unite together. Every individual has their own beliefs and ideas, whether to attend or boycott, whether to protest in the ground or to ignore and support, however what every one of us shares is a love for the football club and a desire to see this club turn around - and that has to be the focal point for us all.

I hope to see many of you on the night and if anybody wishes to contact me in the days leading upto the event, please do so.

Thursday is perfect, jiggled a day off Friday so its another long weekend. On the recording ,personally I say take minutes but don't record it and put it out there for the scum in pune to see and be prepped .Keep them in the dark as much as possible.

I'm still confused over what this meeting is attempting to achieve.

Is it to discuss strategies, has someone come up with a strategy, are more revelations going to be unveiled or will it be just a case of everyone raise a hand in the air and shout 'All for one, one for all'

Is there an agenda?

Is it to discuss strategies, has someone come up with a strategy, are more revelations going to be unveiled or will it be just a case of everyone raise a hand in the air and shout 'All for one, one for all'

Is there an agenda?

I'm hoping it follows similar themes as last time the club had one - dick heads that can't handle their ale spend an hour drinking following by a kick off and an early finish.

Is there an agenda?

I agree that the groups need to come together beforehand and have something or some kind of proposal to put to the meeting. Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm hoping it follows similar themes as last time the club had one - dick heads that can't handle their ale spend an hour drinking following by a kick off and an early finish.

I'll wear my steel toecaps, take my knuckle dusters and flick knife then :)

Finally, i want to point out that this is not a meeting for the BRFC Action Group, or for the Rovers Trust, this is a supporters meeting for the everyday supporter to have their voice heard and for us to unite together. Every individual has their own beliefs and ideas, whether to attend or boycott, whether to protest in the ground or to ignore and support, however what every one of us shares is a love for the football club and a desire to see this club turn around - and that has to be the focal point for us all.

I hope to see many of you on the night and if anybody wishes to contact me in the days leading upto the event, please do so.

A cursory reading of any thread on here is ample demonstration that "uniting together" usually means everyone else agreeing with the poster. My suggestion would be the groups meet beforehand and thrash out areas they can all agree on and decide a proposed set of actions which are built upon that foundation, to then put before the meeting.

A cursory reading of any thread on here is ample demonstration that "uniting together" usually means everyone else agreeing with the poster. My suggestion would be the groups meet beforehand and thrash out areas they can all agree on and decide a proposed set of actions which are built upon that foundation, to then put before the meeting.

We ought to have unity of purpose on key issues without necessarily agreeing on every detail.

eg prime motivation for any action is to get rid of the owners. I wonder if we could even get that.

Is there any kind of Agenda for the meeting?

Are we being given more details of what info the Action Group got for their dossier, or is it just looking for ideas for trying to remove Venkys?

Are the rovers trust involved or supportive of this event at all? (edit - yes they are. Just seen Twitter)

If so, they have a large database of email addresses which they should be contacting to make aware of this meeting.

Is there any kind of Agenda for the meeting?

Are we being given more details of what info the Action Group got for their dossier, or is it just looking for ideas for trying to remove Venkys?

It isn't a BRFCAG event we have organised it and facilitating the night with other supporter groups. The aim is to attempt to further unite the entire supporter base and hopefully formulate a way forward for the club and supporters.

It isn't a BRFCAG event we have organised it and facilitating the night with other supporter groups. The aim is to attempt to further unite the entire supporter base and hopefully formulate a way forward for the club and supporters.

There has to be some kind of agenda, or set of proposals for people to back / reject- or it could easily turn into a free for all, and nothing get resolved.

There has to be some kind of agenda, or set of proposals for people to back / reject- or it could easily turn into a free for all, and nothing get resolved.

That's why I keep asking "who's the Chairperson? does anyone know?

Archived