BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

Dare I suggest that whatever is going on to unite the fans and try to persuade Venkys to relinquish their ownership of the club should be done privately and not on social media.

If an umbrella committee has been set up (if that's the case) then all communication should only be issued when it has been sanctioned by that committee.

Maybe early days but have governance matters been agreed e.g. a Terms of Reference, Communications Strategy etc.

Without some discipline then this initiative will just disintegrate with individuals doing their own thing which is not really what is needed at the moment.

Many have criticised Venkys for destroying the governance structure of the club. We must be careful that we have one in place if things are to be taken forward positively.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dare I suggest that whatever is going on to unite the fans and try to persuade Venkys to relinquish their ownership of the club should be done privately and not on social media.

If an umbrella committee has been set up (if that's the case) then all communication should only be issued when it has been sanctioned by that committee.

Maybe early days but have governance matters been agreed e.g. a Terms of Reference, Communications Strategy etc.

Without some discipline then this initiative will just disintegrate with individuals doing their own thing which is not really what is needed at the moment.

Many have criticised Venkys for destroying the governance structure of the club. We must be careful that we have one in place if things are to be taken forward positively.

You could be right but the Trust has a different goal to the other groups (or is it the head that has a different goal)

The trust wants a stake in the club for supporter representation, while it would seem the majority of supporters want the Venky's gone (including GM)

Conflict of interests at play ?

You could be right but the Trust has a different goal to the other groups (or is it the head that has a different goal)

The trust wants a stake in the club for supporter representation, while it would seem the majority of supporters want the Venky's gone (including GM)

Conflict of interests at play ?

I'm pretty sure that the Trust want Venky's gone too!!!

I think there are two issues here:

1. Get Venkys out, and

2. Prepare the ground for post Vexit

Much of what happens post Vexit will probably be outside the control of the ordinary fans but no harm in the Trust preparing for fans being represented.

Just my two pennoth

I'm pretty sure that the Trust want Venky's gone too!!!

I think there are two issues here:

1. Get Venkys out, and

2. Prepare the ground for post Vexit

Much of what happens post Vexit will probably be outside the control of the ordinary fans but no harm in the Trust preparing for fans being represented.

Just my two pennoth

How are you sure about that, have they stated that as fact anywhere?

They called on Venky's to sell the club within the last two weeks.

It's the RT official line as stated by Wayne Wild at Thursday's meeting.

The Trust's stated aim is to bring the club back to community ownership. Not sure what that means exactly but guess it doesn't mean with Venky's still in control.

Failing that, if the Trust can set up some meaningful dialogue with Venkys then at least it's a start.

The Trust's stated aim is to bring the club back to community ownership. Not sure what that means exactly but guess it doesn't mean with Venky's still in control.

Failing that, if the Trust can set up some meaningful dialogue with Venkys then at least it's a start.

Dialogue doesn't get me back unfortunately, they've missed that boat. Not even the Trust being minor shareholders and on the board gets me back now.

I appreciate all the hard work that you have one over the years but it appears you are now hell bent on doing your own thing going forward, which IMO will be counter intuitive.

We have the main supporters groups coming together under one umbrella and trying to pull in the same direction, i am sure that once they are on their own two feet then all the offers of help coming forward will be acted upon.

You cannot offer a vote to the entire fan base on who they want leading this.

Can I just add here that the supporters groups have been so slow off the mark its refreshing that Glens pushing things forward. The releasing of the docs prompted the latest round of press interest and the meeting was born out of the release also, if that hadn't of happened The Trust, BRAG and whoever else would still be sat wondering what to do.

Sadly in my experience their has always been a negative view of Glen from some members of the supporters groups, no idea why, every time I've asked I've never been satisfied with the answers which does indicate its just personal, but who knows?

IT'S now time to put any concerns aside and unite for one cause.

I appreciate the work the groups have put in, I've always been a supporter of the FF in particular, although one member almost pushed me over the edge....but the people involved in all the groups are no more qualified to run proceedings than me or many other people of this site.

The Wayne Wild tweet and subsequent statement is clearly going out of its way to exclude fans from the process and that is destined to fail, its as simple as that, and I for one can see at least one splinter group forming and we're only 2 wks in :blink:

On this site alone we have 2 CEO's, business owners, a barrister, football agents, public sector directors, Union officials, IT Manager, Project managers and candle stick makers that I know of, so lets not automatically assume that the people involved in the groups are the only ones that can aid this process, but they're the ones putting in the time and effort currently and I really appreciate their efforts.

P1ssed off that we're so close and egos seem to be getting in the way.

Sort it the out, Please.

Can I just add here that the supporters groups have been so slow off the mark its refreshing that Glens pushing things forward. The releasing of the docs prompted the latest round of press interest and the meeting was born out of the release also, if that hadn't of happened The Trust, BRAG and whoever else would still be sat wondering what to do.

Sadly in my experience their has always been a negative view of Glen from some members of the supporters groups, no idea why, every time I've asked I've never been satisfied with the answers which does indicate its just personal, but who knows?

I appreciate the work the groups have put in, I've always been a supporter of the FF in particular, although one member almost pushed me over the edge....but the people involved in all the groups are no more qualified to run proceedings than me or many other people of this site.

The Wayne Wild tweet and subsequent statement is clearly going out of its way to exclude fans from the process and that is destined to fail, its as simple as that, and I for one can see at least one splinter group forming and we're only 2 wks in :blink:

On this site alone we have 2 CEO's, business owners, a barrister, football agents, public sector directors, Union officials, IT Manager, Project managers and candle stick makers that I know of, so lets not automatically assume that the people involved in the groups are the only ones that can aid this process, but they're the ones putting in the time and effort currently and I really appreciate their efforts.

Sort it the out, Please.

Correct GAV, WW should be banging GM's door down to get him included, other wise, well have the Trust really changed their approach ?

Correct GAV, WW should be banging GM's door down to get him included, other wise, well have the Trust really changed their approach ?

We push on, we continue doing what we have always done.

Let the exclusive club be the exclusive club whilst the rest of us push for a change in ownership and find credible owners to buy our club.

I have never needed someone to hold my hand to push things. The club and owners have had it easy for 2 years.

However there is a lot of supporters out there who have thrown their hat in the ring to play a key part in being proactive rather than reactive to others actions.

Supporters have good and long memories when the dust finally settles

RTID

Sort it the out, Please.

Unquestionably Glenn has started this new movement and I would include him, 100 percent. But if they choose not to, for whatever reason, we still all have to align behind the "cause".

End of the day as Phillip said, more than one front won't hurt. We didn't storm Normandy with one push, collective effort.

Love how the manager is now an irrelevance in all of this, we have genuine momentum that will be aided with everyone on this board and other groups.

There is nothing wrong with supporting both Glen and Wayne. What would hurt us more is if one side tries to discredit the other (see the 'trust agenda' topic). An enemy of our enemy is our friend. Both sides have different approaches to it, lend your hand to both of them and see different results. You're twice as likely for one.

All these calls for unity have been misconstrued as a call for one leader. It was simply that we were unified to one cause, or so I saw it. We are now. We all want the same thing and that's these crooks out of our club. We want the rao family erased from the history of BRFC. Let Wayne and his team tackle their problems and Glen and his tackle theirs - we can help either of them in any which way they need. It is a mistake to not include Glen but there could be a million reasons to as why they haven't. Let's not idly speculate but move on, like Glen has, and see that the real enemy in all of this are the alliance of thieves and spin artists at the helm of Rovers.

For those that missed the poll just over 24 hrs ago here are the findings of such;

Do you want Glen involved was basically the question and for him to continue?

90%Yes - Stay Involved Glen

10%No - Time to leave it

304 votes5 days left

Where is the poll?

We need him massively involved.

Archived