SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Before we go off on one we should see if someone from that table replies, it may be a case of lost in translation.

If not it doesn't matter too much anyway whilst those people can continue with whatever they are planning so can anybody else; there's not one elected group we have to follow.

A lot of the planning and mass direction will be decided on places like this on Twitter both of which Glen has a good following.

I had said previously if a new group does get set up then maybe a level of anonymity should be kept and plans and statesments come from a single unnamed source in the group to prevent this sort of personal issue.

In the interests of transparency names need to be put on this decision and why this decision was taken.

If its a case of certain people playing silly buggers , it could have implications to their suitability for any position currently held representing any group particularly if it is one that has a paying membership.

Before we go off on one we should see if someone from that table replies, it may be a case of lost in translation.

If not it doesn't matter too much anyway whilst those people can continue with whatever they are planning so can anybody else; there's not one elected group we have to follow.

A lot of the planning and mass direction will be decided on places like this on Twitter both of which Glen has a good following.

I had said previously if a new group does get set up then maybe a level of anonymity should be kept and plans and statesments come from a single unnamed source in the group to prevent this sort of personal issue.

It's not a seperate group that we are looking for is it? Surely we want a broadly representative steering committee to tie it all up together and ensure we keep focussed?

A few from that top table post on here. Perhaps they'd like to expand on the reasons Glens help was refused

Whichever people made this decision needs to out themselves and give their reasons. At the moment many are resenting this and it is in danger of disrupting the whole protest movement. The idea was a united front and this seems to do directly the opposite. Whoever made that decision needs to explain themselves otherwise the whole protest movement is in danger of collapsing. The last thing we need is infighting.

If a alternative programme is produced would it be worth reproducing the articles from the Indian press as well as the times story to make the point to the doubters that it is a real problem and not just a bunch of conspirators .

funnily enough, I spoke about this with somebody last Friday...nothing too fancy, maybe just an 8 or 12 page programme. Given the costs of production it wouldn't be free and would enough people buy it?

This was my idea before the Open floor meeting, at the open floor meeting and since the open floor meeting.

Across the supporter base we have a number of supporter groups, internet forum communities, facebook groups etc.

This is very good for the supporter base, to have groups which do different things, for example, Ewood Blues successfully run away travel, The Rovers trust are campaigning for part/full ownership of the club and fan representation at board level. THE BRFCAG, Do a number of things community linked, away travel and have meetings with club. Fans Forum are a recognised body by the club and hold monthly meetings. What unites all these is they all are for Rovers fans.

Each has each own remit and each its own committee/leadership.

However 90% of supporters are not part of a group so the whole group thing message, can be somewhat diluted when there is a million and one spokesman.

I proposed a task force committee selected by the supporter base, which was purely to put a precise and clear plan in place in the wish for Venkys to sell the club. If groups would like to personally endorse this, all the better. However it was to be under a one name that all 100% of the supporter base can relate to and support, without having to be a member of a group.

This also allowed entities like the trust to keep their powder dry is something goes wrong, for example a supporter runs on the pitch and cracks the manager. If this is under a banner with all the groups badges on, this brings a communication chain to the owners ever further away.

My experience of the last 5 years, of organising protest, getting stories out, communicating directly with the owners (Which I found out this morning the trust was not aware I did, even though I thought this was common knowledge) contacts, not only carrying out the investigation, but presenting it, which others who were there would vouch for. Puts me in a position if i'm involved I can advise specifically to prevent us re-inventing the wheel.

I divide opinion at times, but its fair to say is there anyone who does not?

I'm desperate for everyone to work together, as there is so much people can offer, who i'm now affraid are not going to be utilised. This is not about who gets this to the line, its about us actually getting to the line and giving us the best opportunity to do so.

If MP's thought I should present our case, with them by side, rather than them present it, surely i'm not a lost cause to help in this.

I have put so much into this, and want to continue doing so, so I can keep a promise to those who have supported me throughout and since. I owe this to them to carry on fighting.

To be clear, I will work with anyone, I have no conditions, its rovers, our club and I want us all to unite and fight for it

Just to update, the last few days have been spent pulling together the four main groups from last Thursday's meeting, the main issues and action points and then get everything under one recognisable name and banner for all fans to get behind.

This is taking a lot of work from unpaid volunteers with day jobs to make it all look and be very professional.

I appreciate people want to know what's happening and a full statement revealing all our plans and who's involved is very imminent.

We really do hope this achieves it's aim, which seems to be what most fans want, certainly the majority at the meeting last week and a lot of posters on here - to unite under a single umbrella organisation and escalate the campaign against the owners.

We've had a really good response from a lot of people who have not been involved before in organising and contributing and we want fresh ideas and people to contribute.

It's still in its infancy, so please bear with us and, hopefully, when all is revealed we will all have something tangible to back.

BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues, the Rovers Trust and BRFCS.com are the four groups who are setting it all up so its inevitable that the people already running those organisations are setting up the new one. When we feel we need other people to join, or they volunteer their services like a lot have, then we'll use them if we feel they bring something to the group we need.

From a personal, professional point of view (and accepting the desire for information from people not directly involved with any of the four groups mentioned), I don't think it's a good idea to discuss individuals or decisions that have been taken (not lightly) in public.

From a personal, professional point of view (and accepting the desire for information from people not directly involved with any of the four groups mentioned), I don't think it's a good idea to discuss individuals or decisions that have been taken (not lightly) in public.

That's the rub though. Decisions are already being made, behind closed doors, that A LOT of the fans do not agree with.

Starting on that slippery path to alienating some fans already. It's like the past few years have been forgotten.

funnily enough, I spoke about this with somebody last Friday...nothing too fancy, maybe just an 8 or 12 page programme. Given the costs of production it wouldn't be free and would enough people buy it?

I've put a poll on my Twitter account - address on my bio to the left about an unofficial programme being produced. If you are on Twitter, please vote and RT so as many people as possible get the chance to vote. The poll runs for 24 hours as of 3 minutes ago :brfc:

When it comes to Glen many, including me will strongly disagree with you.

• Moderation Lead

I have to share some of the concerns that, despite a successful open floor meeting, things have gone quiet and that there are too many cooks spoiling that broth....

Glen Mullan, like him or lump him, has done some sterling work over the last few years which can't be argued with, or ignored. I'd love to know the reason he's been passed over and why, despite all the seeming unity achieved last week, there is now more than a murmur of discontent. It's particularly concerning IMO.....

Just to update, the last few days have been spent pulling together the four main groups from last Thursday's meeting, the main issues and action points and then get everything under one recognisable name and banner for all fans to get behind.

This is taking a lot of work from unpaid volunteers with day jobs to make it all look and be very professional.

I appreciate people want to know what's happening and a full statement revealing all our plans and who's involved is very imminent.

We really do hope this achieves it's aim, which seems to be what most fans want, certainly the majority at the meeting last week and a lot of posters on here - to unite under a single umbrella organisation and escalate the campaign against the owners.

We've had a really good response from a lot of people who have not been involved before in organising and contributing and we want fresh ideas and people to contribute.

It's still in its infancy, so please bear with us and, hopefully, when all is revealed we will all have something tangible to back.

BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues, the Rovers Trust and BRFCS.com are the four groups who are setting it all up so its inevitable that the people already running those organisations are setting up the new one. When we feel we need other people to join, or they volunteer their services like a lot have, then we'll use them if we feel they bring something to the group we need.

What a load of PR twaddle that is.

This group is meant to be representative of the views of the whole supporter base and it should be open to anyone who wants to join and contribute, so why are decisions being made to exclude people from being involved? and do you not realise that it will alienate the fans that you claim to be representing?

so basically what you are saying is probably the most qualified person in terms of experience, knowledge and contacts is to be excluded from this self appointed leadership group and we aren't supposed to discuss it? Although we are supposed to accept that all the important decisions in terms of the way forward are being taken behind closed doors and if you deem the ordinary supporter worthy of joining your elite group, you'll come knocking? :lol: Do us a favour, if the cloak and dagger stuff continues, don't come knocking on my door!

What a load of PR twaddle that is.

This group is meant to be representative of the views of the whole supporter base and it should be open to anyone who wants to join and contribute, so why are decisions being made to exclude people from being involved? and do you not realise that it will alienate the fans that you claim to be representing?

Absolutely. We are already well on the road to disunity for the sake of some massaging their own egos and yet another SELF APPOINTED group.

For the sake of clarity is this is what you actually meant:

''I don't think it's a good idea to discuss, in public, individuals or decisions that have been taken (not lightly) in private''

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Any petty squabbles should be put to one side for the greater good which I sincerely hope everybody is working towards (but in light of this I have my doubts).

Unity is strength.

I understand the people in charge of their respective groups related to BRFC would be the natural choices to lead a group/committee in this protest movement. But I really think there should be a vote on having an overall leader so all the fans are clear on who is leading this thing and what direction it is going in. It wouldn't be too difficult to have a leadership vote at the next meeting, anyone who wants to put their name forward can give a speech on why they think they should be leading, a ballot can be taken and then the leader elected and then ultimately it would be down to them to organise and arrange a committee of people as they see fit. It would make sense to have people on the committee dealing with different areas, one person being in charge of protests here in the UK, one person being in charge of protests going to India, one person dealing with all the social media, one person being in charge of communicating with fans of other clubs in protest against the FA, etc,

I firmly believe there was enough determination and passion in that room to make a really difference. We all need to unite and there needs to be transparency in every decision that has been made. I understand there is the need to discuss things behind close doors but the fans need to be kept in the loop at all times.

I'm absolutely speechless, twice in 2 days....

I lead and sit on project groups on a regular basis, the main objective from the outset is to get the best people for the project around the table, and you seem to be falling at the first hurdle due to some inward looking view that because we started it, we want to finish it.

Venkys couldn't have hoped for a better start to proceedings.

Absolutely. We are already well on the road to disunity for the sake of some massaging their own egos and yet another SELF APPOINTED group.

Well said. This stinks of people now taking up the rains to then take the glory if it comes to the Venky's.

This is definitely about egos and not the good of the club.

Shame in you!

I'm not sure if this is as simplistic as egos getting in the way.

Maybe people think Glen is a loose cannon?

And no, before anyone flies off the handle, I'm not condemning Glen for posting that article, but was it done with the approval of the other organisers (for want of a better word)?

Maybe they don't want to be associated with Glen in case there's any kind of legal backlash?

Archived