BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

When that Pascha guy first rocked up I said I suspected he was more business adviser sent over to see what can be cut and what is worth what. Shot down by the usual suspects of course but nothing really has changed my mind if we look what's happened since he first appeared. Hopefully it is part of an exit strategy although it's likely he's just here to get the franchise running on thin air whilst turning in a profit.

Quite where the Lambert scenario fits in I'm not sure although imo he was used as well. Some of these Venky geezers aren't half as daft as some think they are.

The hard facts from the Lambert tenure are 13 million in total eventual fees are coming in and a spend of about 2 or 3 million went out in terms of a few players, loans and management changes. Small price to pay, rolling contracts remember, faffing around with a few coaches and mangers to scrape in another huge fee.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver Kay's article is very good and good to see doing an article us.

Him and Henry Winter are very good sport journalists and good that they have written articles against Venkys and getting us some media attention. All helps in the long run.

we don't want any negative press or do anything illegal. we need to show who the bad guys are and they aren't us the fans but those owners in India

Best thing you have posted for a long time Chaddy. Good stuff.

• Backroom

When that Pascha guy first rocked up I said I suspected he was more business adviser sent over to see what can be cut and what is worth what. Shot down by the usual suspects of course but nothing really has changed my mind if we look what's happened since he first appeared. Hopefully it is part of an exit strategy although it's likely he's just here to get the franchise running on thin air whilst turning in a profit.

Quite where the Lambert scenario fits in I'm not sure although imo he was used as well. Some of these Venky geezers aren't half as daft as some think they are.

The hard facts from the Lambert tenure are 13 million in total eventual fees are coming in and a spend of about 2 or 3 million went out in terms of a few players, loans and management changes. Small price to pay, rolling contracts remember, faffing around with a few coaches and mangers to scrape in another huge fee.

I can only assume Lambert was brought in to ensure at least one more season in the Championship, as that certainly wasn't guaranteed under GB and would have been even less so when JR's sale was confirmed in January. This season is perhaps one last push at selling as many viable assets as possible before relegation, which will assumedly either lead to Venky's seriously trying to offload the club or properly downsizing for a future in the lower leagues.

after a short period it was looking like Lambert was used to flog JR on on the premis that cash plus more would be used to build a promotion chasing side.........

Sounds a good idea failing that we could see about getting it on a trailer in a field off the m65 so will be seen by all approaching fans, media or anyone out of the area.

The factory I work for is building a new warehouse right next to the motorway, but the next exit takes you up Beehive/Soccerdome way. That's well after the two exits to Ewood Park.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Good points, the aim should/could be the German model of 51% fan ownership or like Barca, a members club, who appoint the 'board'. This should ensure that nobody takes complete control again, it was good the first time though!

The FA also needs focusing on, they need embarrassing to what's happened to us, Leeds, Hereford, Stockport, Darlington etc. They need a fit & proper test themselves.

I really don't see energy spent on The FA or PL as coming to anything. Glen put it right at the meeting. They don't care. It'll go under the carpet and get ignored, just like it had times before. They insist they did everything they could and did it correctly. I get the feeling we're just a thorn in their side now and they would rather we go under.

The fan ownership model, part or full, is what Supporters Direct vehemently fight for. Every club needs a supporters trust under the SD banner, whether they're at the top, winning the league, or going further and further into the pit of obscurity, for SD and fans to push this model and for it to get attention. It was my original reason for joining the Rovers Trust when Duncan, Dan and co. were starting out, and that was before Venky's took over. The last six years have further added credence to the reason WHY fans should have a significant stake in their clubs - to insure it remains, and to give the fans a true voice.

I'm all for helping other clubs, fans on the board etc. But can't we do that once we've sorted our own club?

Surely that's a battle for fans that have been there, not fans going through it.

How about the free alternative match programs idea?

To be given away as supporters approach the turnstiles.

Sections could include - Serialised Glens blog, one part per game

One released document per game

Bob's bullet points expanded

Reports from any previous actions undertaken

Protest plans (if any) for the day

Comments section (taken from message board posts)

I'm sure there are many other ideas that can be included.

It would be an excellent way of communicating to the wider fan base that are unaware of the Venky demolition job.

Great idea.

I'm all for helping other clubs, fans on the board etc. But can't we do that once we've sorted our own club?

Surely that's a battle for fans that have been there, not fans going through it.

Charity starts at home. Couldn't agree more.

It's very difficult juggling a working life, personal life and then filling it with this sort of thing for one club. Helping others is increasing the workload that many of us are already struggling to carry.

If a club's supporters groups comes to us as a collective unified supporters group, we should offer our support via a Press Release or whatever. I'm sure they'd understand our efforts have to be concentrated on our problems at home first and foremost though.

I really don't see energy spent on The FA or PL as coming to anything. Glen put it right at the meeting. They don't care. It'll go under the carpet and get ignored, just like it had times before. They insist they did everything they could and did it correctly. I get the feeling we're just a thorn in their side now and they would rather we go under.

The fan ownership model, part or full, is what Supporters Direct vehemently fight for. Every club needs a supporters trust under the SD banner, whether they're at the top, winning the league, or going further and further into the pit of obscurity, for SD and fans to push this model and for it to get attention. It was my original reason for joining the Rovers Trust when Duncan, Dan and co. were starting out, and that was before Venky's took over. The last six years have further added credence to the reason WHY fans should have a significant stake in their clubs - to insure it remains, and to give the fans a true voice.

Mark, can I ask bud, why my offer to help has been ignored?

Yes I have said I feel people need to unite under one banner, one message and one quote , instead of a million different quotes on same articles or a million different things going on by different people.

I also feel there has to be an element of keeping powder dry for people like the Trust , because if things turn ugly, they become damaged goods and get further away from engaging with owners than closer.

Obviously , Wayne appears to have an issue, which is work related and not Rovers related. This is not about him or I , or names in lights. This is about Blackburn Rovers. People will follow a clear path and to dismiss my experience out of hand, given I have not only spoken to the owners but know more of the story than anyone is deeply concerning and upsetting.

If supporters would rather, I have no involvement then thats fine, but let them make that choice , not a self appointed steering board.

The supporters I have spoken to want me to keep fighting.

Im still here fightin and will continue to do so, but really think that this needs to be one hub , not multi hubs.

hang on I was assuming after the meeting people were talking and a group would have been formed to start pushing forward as one group. Giving everyone a rallying point. Reading Glen's post it reads like things are still up in the air?

What are the next steps from the meeting, what are the action items?

hang on I was assuming after the meeting people were talking and a group would have been formed to start pushing forward as one group. Giving everyone a rallying point. Reading Glen's post it reads like things are still up in the air?

What are the next steps from the meeting, what are the action items?

Nobody knows because there was no set agenda.

This needs some select rovers fans to sit down in a pub, without an audience and not leave until there's a plan.

Nobody knows because there was no set agenda.

This needs some select rovers fans to sit down in a pub, without an audience and not leave until there's a plan.

I agree, it needs someone , perhaps a Kamy, or Kate Hollern or Maureen Bateson to facilitate a meeting where people can go, chuck their hat into the ring, then a steering group can be created. Then that group can thrash it out and put that group of people into an organised format. Once thats done, then if there is missing skills, that group can then seek them.

This group can then be put forward to the supporter base and a central contact point can be formed , so a systematic cycle can be put in place to produce a clear message.

Only this morning I was quoted with words Birdie made and titled Secretary of Trust, which I'm not.

Im happy to take a total step back, which would kill me, but may also create further problems further down the line as my experience and prior knowledge including connections into key people is not being utilised.

Why re-invent the wheel?

There is only ONE agenda item - Venkys OUT!

The senior figures of the groups who called the ''Unite'' meeting need to sort this situation now and not let it fester and become a willy waving contest.

Just from this MB I have taken great encouragement from the ideas and passion shown by many individuals - I am sure that this is also the case elsewhere in the Trust, Ewood Blues, Fans Forum plus other supporter groups and individuals.

This momentum must be harnessed as soon as possible - let those willing and able to stand up and be counted do it and lead from the front.

Glen Mullan should be one of those.

Those 3 + Kate Hollern would make a formidable "Steering Committee" imo.

She can earn her money by using her people skills to make sure the other 3 got on.

Also, MP's have facilities and access that others don't and it would bring a certain"gravitas" to our actions.

Personally the best person to get everyone together and organised into an effective group is Philip. He is used to working with strategic committees and has the a ailing to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. In this situation where clear direction is needed he is the perfect person to get everyone into a room and thrash out a way forward which then the wider supporter base can get behind.

Personally the best person to get everyone together and organised into an effective group is Philip. He is used to working with strategic committees and has the a ailing to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. In this situation where clear direction is needed he is the perfect person to get everyone into a room and thrash out a way forward which then the wider supporter base can get behind.

No problems there but isn't he based in Malta?

Glen divides opinions I'm sure he wouldn't dispute that but after this long he has to be involved as do (for me) Mark, Paul and the unsung hero Phil

I think it is well known that in the PAST, I have not been in full agreement with Glen - mainly about how he has gone about certain things.

But I respect his attempts at what he has doing.

If it helps matters. I say this.

I am in full agreement that he should continue with what he has done. He should not be sidelined.

If he was in front on me now. I would offer my hand in support, thanks, respect and friendship.

I say to everybody on here - put aside past issues with individuals.

The only ones that matter are the four based in Pune - get them out.

I agree - though Glen should be involved also.

I think it is well known that in the PAST, I have not been in full agreement with Glen - mainly about how he has gone about certain things.

But I respect his attempts at what he has doing.

If it helps matters. I say this.

I am in full agreement that he should continue with what he has done. He should not be sidelined.

If he was in front on me now. I would offer my hand in support, thanks, respect and friendship.

I say to everybody on here - put aside past issues with individuals.

The only ones that matter are the four based in Pune - get them out.

I agree - though Glen should be involved also.

Thanks Pafell, i totally agree , the past is the past and I have the upmost respect for your post, good will and gesture.

The feeling is mutual

Moving forwards is one thing I'm sure every supporter would like to do

Archived