BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

Superb piece from Oliver Kay. Like Henry Winter, one of the good guys- no surprise it is the quality press that actually has a clue.

'Bob in his late 60s' (who was sitting behind me) 'I don't know where we are going to go, but I will go to Rovers till I bloody die'

That really struck me at the time and I'm glad Oliver picked up on it, it neatly summed up the helplessness of these last 6 years, how they have ruined something so important to us all, but he was still at the meeting.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you register for free it lets you read 2 articles a week on the website. If somebody can tell me how to add photos on here I can just put screenshots up?

Load them into albums 1st (my gallery) save and then you can post them

How about the free alternative match programs idea?

To be given away as supporters approach the turnstiles.

Sections could include - Serialised Glens blog, one part per game

One released document per game

Bob's bullet points expanded

Reports from any previous actions undertaken

Protest plans (if any) for the day

Comments section (taken from message board posts)

I'm sure there are many other ideas that can be included.

It would be an excellent way of communicating to the wider fan base that are unaware of the Venky demolition job.

Good idea and how about something in it where people can donate to the fighting fund in it aswell

• Moderation Lead

Do you have a link?

EDIT Oldjam has posted a link but I can only read a bit of the article. Any chance of reading the rest?

Madon has copied and pasted it into one of his posts today.

There have been many excellent posts and points raised in this thread. Great to see everyone aligned.

There was some talk at the meeting about understanding who the common enemy is in reality. The assumption is Venkys but there are some suspicions.

What I would add is that whilst Venkys Out has become a catchy, simple strap line. That's not all we want. If Venkys do sell to people like themselves then we would still not be happy and would have to start again.

Yes, we need Venkys gone. We have lost hope that they will (or even can) provide what we need - and they have the baggage of taking us into this mess and then hiding behind FFP despite having the means to change it. Therefore, learning lessons from the Kean situation, we must ensure that the protest movement continues to have a mission in the event that Venkys sell to equally poor owners.

Our mission and purpose has to be clearly stated. If I was to offer a few pointers for a manifesto I would say that we...

Must have...

- A club which is run as an entity whose express purpose is as a successful football club

- A club whose revenue streams are generated for the purpose of fielding the best and most competitive team we can

- A club with a board which is fit for purpose and can operate effectively and take decisions from the UK

- A club who views its supporters as valued assets and not as a necessary evil

Intend to have...

- A club which communicates with its fans in an honest and meaningful way

- A club with a robust plan for the future that it shares with fans

Like to have...

- A class leading club for fan involvement

- The Rovers Trust (i.e. the entity - don't get bogged down with individuals) as a part of the fan engagement

- An elected Rovers fan on the UK board at Ewood Park

Feel free to steal, enhance or ignore.

Good points, the aim should/could be the German model of 51% fan ownership or like Barca, a members club, who appoint the 'board'. This should ensure that nobody takes complete control again, it was good the first time though!

The FA also needs focusing on, they need embarrassing to what's happened to us, Leeds, Hereford, Stockport, Darlington etc. They need a fit & proper test themselves.

Good points, the aim should/could be the German model of 51% fan ownership or like Barca, a members club, who appoint the 'board'. This should ensure that nobody takes complete control again, it was good the first time though!

The FA also needs focusing on, they need embarrassing to what's happened to us, Leeds, Hereford, Stockport, Darlington etc. They need a fit & proper test themselves.

They need to be embarrassed, shown up, condemned and challenged to act....

Check out the 'Fans on Board' thread. If you have any suggestions or ideas.

I'm not having that. £23m for BRFC - who were bringing in over £35m p/a through Sky alone, plus potential player sales, plus Brockhall?!?

The price for buying the club was supposed to be £23m + £20m to clear the debt. So, given they have never cleared the debt, it was very cheap.

At the time of the takeover, I do not remember any suggestions Brockhall was not included. It is just that when you get to my age, you don't always remember everything!

The price for buying the club was supposed to be £23m + £20m to clear the debt. So, given they have never cleared the debt, it was very cheap.

At the time of the takeover, I do not remember any suggestions Brockhall was not included. It is just that when you get to my age, you don't always remember everything!

So do I...I was seriously perturbed at a suggestion the other night that the V's had Brockhall too, especially in light of the alleged agenda of the Charlton owners...i.e. reduce/relegate and re-relegate the club, move to a smaller ground...sell the valuable land....

I think Philipl said Brockhall and everything lock stock & barrel was included in the sale.

Just think of the assets in terms of players and the whole club v the sale price of 23 million, the bank overdraft of 16 million and 3 million owed to the trust for a loan they put in before sale. Payable 1 mill per year for 3 years.

Jones, Samba, Kalinic sales add up to that amount almost. Non of it adds up really unless there were hidden debts or liabilities that the V's got hoodwinked on ?

I certainly think there must have been nice under the shelf sweeteners all around on that deal.

I visited Brockhall a few years ago and saw the Senior and Academy facitilites and land area. After chatting up a nice guy on Security we parked up by The Avenue and basically just walked around most of the site unchallenged.

At that time there was also a lot of completed residential buildings on Brockhall Village plus work in construction and bare land.

Looking at the area now via Google Maps a lot more residential and small office/business building looks completed leaving just a couple of plots still available to develop.

Apart that is the land still owned/ used by Rovers.............

If I was a land developer looking at that area (look at Google maps!) it jumps out ripe for development.................the imponderable is when. With so much land in residential use already a clean passage through planning, after usual objections, would occur IF the land was not being used lets say for football training.................IMO

It is essential that the removal of the asset strippers happens as soon as possible as the above is heading just one way ... IMO

So do I...I was seriously perturbed at a suggestion the other night that the V's had Brockhall too, especially in light of the alleged agenda of the Charlton owners...i.e. reduce/relegate and re-relegate the club, move to a smaller ground...sell the valuable land....

with playing selling assets at virtually nil can see where this will end up...we've been proper done up like a kipper...as another post states look at the sales : Hanley Duffy Rhodes Cairney Gestede sell ons with Rochina etc Kalinic Samba Jones...need I go on we've been right royaly screwed over yet some fans think the slumdogs are keeping us afloat FFS

I visited Brockhall a few years ago and saw the Senior and Academy facitilites and land area. After chatting up a nice guy on Security we parked up by The Avenue and basically just walked around most of the site unchallenged.

At that time there was also a lot of completed residential buildings on Brockhall Village plus work in construction and bare land.

Looking at the area now via Google Maps a lot more residential and small office/business building looks completed leaving just a couple of plots still available to develop.

Apart that is the land still owned/ used by Rovers.............

If I was a land developer looking at that area (look at Google maps!) it jumps out ripe for development.................the imponderable is when. With so much land in residential use already a clean passage through planning, after usual objections, would occur IF the land was not being used lets say for football training.................IMO

It is essential that the removal of the asset strippers happens as soon as possible as the above is heading just one way ... IMO

The only real value in Blackburn Rovers is Brockhall and high value property development.

The value in Ewood Park is what the ground is used for which is either playing football or sadly low value housing.

We must hold onto Brockhall. Does anyone trust the V's and their "advisors" to keep it.....I don't.

From a 2012 article by Henry Winter and Chris Bascombe ,following the successful relegation at the second attempt

"Employees know that the club’s controversial owners, Venky’s, plan a range of cutbacks amid fears of administration. As well as jobs, sources at Ewood indicate that Venky’s is considering merging the academy with the first team so they operate out of one building at Brockhall Village. This would allow the club to sell off the academy land for more housing."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9253452/Blackburn-Rovers-braced-for-cutbacks-as-sell-off-looms.html

Just a pity these "brilliant business people" bought into their project partners get rich quick scheme and backed them to the hilt.

Imagine how much money they would be racking in if they had gone with a plan to stay in the Premier league

From a 2012 article by Henry Winter and Chris Bascombe ,following the successful relegation at the second attempt

"Employees know that the club’s controversial owners, Venky’s, plan a range of cutbacks amid fears of administration. As well as jobs, sources at Ewood indicate that Venky’s is considering merging the academy with the first team so they operate out of one building at Brockhall Village. This would allow the club to sell off the academy land for more housing."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9253452/Blackburn-Rovers-braced-for-cutbacks-as-sell-off-looms.html

"successful relegation at the second attempt" !!!

Oliver Kay's article is very good and good to see doing an article us.

Him and Henry Winter are very good sport journalists and good that they have written articles against Venkys and getting us some media attention. All helps in the long run.

we don't want any negative press or do anything illegal. we need to show who the bad guys are and they aren't us the fans but those owners in India

Archived