BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just telling the Mrs about the live stream, I'm still mortified about the 'Venky Spy' accusations, what was that idiot thinking.

As for the training ground, that needs clarification as soon as possible, I was under the impression it was safe, or as safe as these things can be under sale agreements.

This is the thing we are aware we need to get right moving forward. It needs to be stated on the agenda that the open floor will end at a certain time, so decisions can be formalised and a summary can be made to close the meeting.

The majority looked at the Wolves game, simply because of the televised element. However that is just planned action in terms of the #In18Out75 movement, there will be people protesting at each game before them, of that there is no doubt.

The club are now upping their searches, they will confiscate banners found on entry, but will not take them from you in the ground, unless they contain offensive words. They have put in place instructions and plans on how to deal with Chickens entering the field of play, Inflatable objects being thrown on the pitch, Pitch Invasions, Supporters congregating at the Player/Directors entrance, as well as any direct threats made to staff.

They are on guard, aware and becoming prepared for all protest.

Are they going to be positioning harpoon throwers on the roof to take down the Hot Air Balloons?

Just telling the Mrs about the live stream, I'm still mortified about the 'Venky Spy' accusations, what was that idiot thinking.

As for the training ground, that needs clarification as soon as possible, I was under the impression it was safe, or as safe as these things can be under sale agreements.

I recognised him, as a longstanding Rovers fan too. He said he knew something like that would happen, as he saw all the glances, as he entered Blakey's..EEK!

He handled the question with so much dignity...

We need a protest plan framework putting together. As a starter for 10, it should include;

Date

Detail - brief summary, key things

Resources / items needed

Communication channels - local and national media outlets (put together a list), ex players targeted

Twitter Handles I.e #in18out75 / @PoultryIndia15

I'm happy to draw this up and get input for it....

Girl near the top table spoke about Blackburn End not reacting to Darwen Ends Venkyout chants but if they come down to the bottom, as they did against Burton, they can hardly be heard. Better to stay at the back to maximise sound.

Great support though.

I was talking to the Trust this afternoon and we thought the name for the campaign would be chosen on this site, so if there are any suggestions then can people post them?

Side note can we not just keep this new group title really simple? Rovers vs. Venkys.

There's a new thread for this chaps called 'name the group'. I've just posted in it.

I was talking to the Trust this afternoon and we thought the name for the campaign would be chosen on this site, so if there are any suggestions then can people post them?

Rovers Against Venky's Exploitation

I had the misfortune of driving into burnley last week and noticed the Dyche mural on the wall as you drive in.

I threw up a bit in my mouth and carried on....

Could we arrange to have something similar done in Blackburn? On the side of private premises or a house? Anti Venkys?

Would create national and international attention I'm sure.

Talking about hitting Venky's in their own backyard, how about making an advert to be screened on local and national Indian TV criticising Venky's (without being libellous obviosuly) and calling on them to sell the club ?

The Raos would hate the embarrassment and of course it might backfire as they entrench themselves further against us but anything is worth a try.

The advert would probably cost six figures but it might be possible to raise the money among all the disparate protest groups.

How did Liverpool get rid of them two Americans (Hicks & Gillette??)? They nearly broke the club but seemed to be removed pretty sharpish?

Also what legal ramifications could a 'peaceful' coup d'etat cause? They're in India idling about, we're over here. How could we just 'take over' the running of our Club?

Also, I'm pretty sure if you asked the Club employees about any protests, 99% would back it (off record). It's their livelihoods at stake & need to understand this. If anyone with contacts within the club could ask, again off topic, about the passage of banners into the ground, I'm sure they would turn a blind eye.

How did Liverpool get rid of them two Americans (Hicks & Gillette??)? They nearly broke the club but seemed to be removed pretty sharpish?

Also what legal ramifications could a 'peaceful' coup d'etat cause? They're in India idling about, we're over here. How could we just 'take over' the running of our Club?

Also, I'm pretty sure if you asked the Club employees about any protests, 99% would back it (off record). It's their livelihoods at stake & need to understand this. If anyone with contacts within the club could ask, again off topic, about the passage of banners into the ground, I'm sure they would turn a blind eye.

That just might prompt a visit!

Talking about hitting Venky's in their own backyard, how about making an advert to be screened on local and national Indian TV criticising Venky's (without being libellous obviosuly) and calling on them to sell the club ?

The Raos would hate the embarrassment and of course it might backfire as they entrench themselves further against us but anything is worth a try.

The advert would probably cost six figures but it might be possible to raise the money among all the disparate protest groups.

Maybe they are entrenched anyway Jim, been thinking about it, what if they are just waiting for the son to finish his UK education before being handed the Rovers as his 1st business project! if he fails, well it was in England, if he succeeds talk of the town in Pune either way no sh1t sticking to the parents

In terms of a 'peaceful coup d'etat' I'd assume you are going along the lines of an occupy movement. Definitely possible. Whether it forces them to sell or not is another matter. The building or ground could be occupied or people could chain themselves to the gates of Ewood whilst they're locked and therefore the club couldn't open them. There are legal ramifications for the occupation although, having known some people that have occupied political buildings and universities, judges seem to be lenient on causes they believe to be reasonable. Your behaviour during the occupation is also taken into account, of course. Any vandalism, breakages, theft or violence goes against you.

They banked at Barclays and they got hold of it because it was going down the pan. I hope the Indian bank has got hold of us in similar fashion and will look to punt us on. Sadly I reckon there'll be a right paper trail of borrowings to run Rovers .....

In terms of a 'peaceful coup d'etat' I'd assume you are going along the lines of an occupy movement. Definitely possible. Whether it forces them to sell or not is another matter. The building or ground could be occupied or people could chain themselves to the gates of Ewood whilst they're locked and therefore the club couldn't open them. There are legal ramifications for the occupation although, having known some people that have occupied political buildings and universities, judges seem to be lenient on causes they believe to be reasonable. Your behaviour during the occupation is also taken into account, of course. Any vandalism, breakages, theft or violence goes against you.

Wasn't particularly thinking of the occupy movement more of, for the want of better words, a hostile takeover. Like, Raos, you're making a pigs ear of this, we will sort it out, sling your hook & don't come back.

• Backroom

I had the misfortune of driving into burnley last week and noticed the Dyche mural on the wall as you drive in.

I threw up a bit in my mouth and carried on....

Could we arrange to have something similar done in Blackburn? On the side of private premises or a house? Anti Venkys?

Would create national and international attention I'm sure.

Sounds a good idea failing that we could see about getting it on a trailer in a field off the m65 so will be seen by all approaching fans, media or anyone out of the area.

We have the 18 75 idea for the Wolves match.

We need to follow that 18&75 as a theme at every game.

Whistles, tennis balls or even just prolonged 'we want venkys out' chants around the ground (followed by 1 Jack Walker) on 18&75 minutes.

We may be in this for the long haul- to do so, we need to get this up and running quickly and this for me is an easy way to start the ball rolling.

Archived