BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what time do Sky cameras normally get to the ground?

not the right person to say or ask this.. But lets say somebody gets banned, can the club un ban them if new owners were to come in?

Police ban usually lasts a year. The Club can ban for life but this could be overturned by new owners.

That was me sorry I wasn't expecting to speak so completely fluffed my lines but a couple of chaps near me made good points about hitting them in their backyard and wanted to follow on

This was an excellent piece of research for me Tom. If there was ever a time to affordably hit them where it hurt, that would be it.

This was an excellent piece of research for me Tom. If there was ever a time to affordably hit them where it hurt, that would be it.

The easiest way to get a protest at the Indian poultry fair is to use the event hashtag along with those of exhibitors.

No cost - maximum exposure.

Social media is a brilliant form of getting your message across.

• Backroom

Can I just say well done to the chap (I won't out him if he doesn't want to be) that quickly ended the boycott v attending debate.

Early doors there was a real risk it could have gone down the line of people questioning birdy and him retorting until our man stood up

That was me sorry I wasn't expecting to speak so completely fluffed my lines but a couple of chaps near me made good points about hitting them in their backyard and wanted to follow on

The exhibitor list seems to have changed a bit since I looked last but it seems VHL now have one large stall in hall 2 instead of a few smaller ones

It is an excellent idea and a great bit of research. Looking at the web site for Poultry India, I really do think this is a great first 'strike'. Potential / existing customers will see it. Shame there cant be some kind of en-masse leaflet drop organised for it too.

Police ban usually lasts a year. The Club can ban for life but this could be overturned by new owners.

okay so depends who bans those fans. Im assuming the police would do the ban, in that case, i wonder if somebody is willing to take a year ban from Ewood. actually, those who no longer attend or havent attended for the last few years, might decide that 1 more year away from Ewood wont make a difference.

The easiest way to get a protest at the Indian poultry fair is to use the event hashtag along with those of exhibitors.

No cost - maximum exposure.

Social media is a brilliant form of getting your message across.

I was thinking this during the meeting last night. There is something about cost/benefit here...Least energy/expense-maximum impact kind of thing....and social media certainly enables this.

I do have some reservations about another, expensive visit to Pune. I guess I would need to be convinced that it would 1) get access to the V's and 2) get the media exposure.

I was a bit frustrated at the end of the evening, but I have now reflected and importantly, we did establish a common, unified, Venky's Out agenda.

Also, we agreed the aim of targeting the failure and neglect of the football authorities. I am sorry that the woman , who raised the issue about exposing the SEM/Crescendo involvement got closed down. I think the meeting should have accepted the idea, although work would be required on how to get past the FA line that it is Venky's name over the door

I think we need a creative think tank to receive, build on and "gate-keep" protest ideas.....a war cabinet LOL

• Backroom

No-one has mentioned the best part of last night, as it was specifically and correctly NOT mentioned.

No-one wants to protest Coyle or the players. So that's at least 500 people United completely behind #VenkysOut

Can I just say well done to the chap (I won't out him if he doesn't want to be) that quickly ended the boycott v attending debate.

Early doors there was a real risk it could have gone down the line of people questioning birdy and him retorting until our man stood up

I think you should "out" the wally.

The last thing we want or need is yet another new group forming.

The three groups on the top table - BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues and Rovers Trust - should be given the mandate to now propose the next actions based on ideas from last night's meeting.

I would divide the work into two - Ewood Park/Blackburn based initiatives and India based ones.

There is a lot of work needs to be done to get any of the ideas being floated up and running and successful.

Anyone who wants to get involved should contact one of the three groups and offer their services stating what they think they can bring to the party.

Last night showed more than enough fans still care as much as ever and want some positive action to end the Venky's regime.

The fact that the chief football correspondent for The Times, Oliver Kay, could be bothered to voluntarily spend his Thursday night in Blakey's Bar shows we are certainly not being ignored or forgotten by the national media.

The Times of India published a very decent feature last week on the shambles that has been the Venky's ownership.

Carefully planned, unified action is what's needed. One trip to India is all that's required, not two or three different groups flying out. And January 2017 coinciding with the cricket ODI in Pune is the perfect opportunity to allow for proper planning and maximum results.

Unity was the aim last night and that's what we got. Keep it simple folks!

As a lifelong fan I am so pleased at the reasonable results from Thursday night....I was driving from Turkey at that time and still not back in UK. But quitting my well-paid Project in Turkey because of my utter depression about the Rovers and OUR need to do something.

We have now had 4 examples of Solidarity:

-the Petition

-the 2quidtogetRid

-the Trust vote

and now the Solidarity meeting

Clearly good to have a 2nd try at the Venkys and the 18 and 75 protests will include me.

I also think we need a 'fighting fund'and we need to think about hiring an Indian Agency to promote us....the soundings I have taken indicate that they will not necessarily listen to the Blackburn hordes. Professional Consultants in India need to help us. I also think we should(prob Trust) be advertising the Club 'for sale' and its loyal Supporters.

INDEPENDENCE DAY is not far off.

I swear I never heard the word "Coyle" mentioned once all evening. Incredible really. Says it all.

No-one has mentioned the best part of last night, as it was specifically and correctly NOT mentioned.

No-one wants to protest Coyle or the players. So that's at least 500 people United completely behind #VenkysOut

*Cough*

But you are spot on Mike. One point from 15, bottom of the league. Not a single mention.

*Cough*

But you are spot on Mike. One point from 15, bottom of the league. Not a single mention.

I think people have realised that the manager is an insignificant role in this club right now. Whilst these crooks are in charge we will always be a club in turmoil through on form or another. Results could improve from now until the end of the season and we could have a fantastic push for promotion (and I may even win the lottery and marry Kate Upton...) but come next summer these shysters will still do something to set our club back 5 steps.

We had a good manager in Allardyce when they came. We had a good manager in Lambert they refused to back. The manager is a smokescreen. Always has. King Rat did an excellent job acting as a sponge for the hate whilst the agents ransacked the club (and got set up nicely in Brunei afterwards) and Appleton n' Bergs contracts did excellent at providing some explanation for where the money went. Bowyer was great at appeasing us, leveling us. Bit of hope with Lambert and then CRUSH, hit us with the big en with Coyle and let's take what we can quickly whilst they are at their most content.

EDIT: I've said it in another topic but I'd like to put it here too. I think it's imperative a mission statement is produced by the group tasked to organisaing this protest of the aims of the day.

Could put that the aim is to provide maximum disruption to the match day. Whether that be through delaying the traffic down Bolton Rd, the in/out protest, whistles, banners, chants - whatever. But we keep it non-violent. The aim is to get as many eyes on us and our message firmly out there that there will be no respite in our actions until the Rao family are out of our club. It should also be noted that, further to the protests vs Wolverhampton, we support any future plans to disrupt a game so long as it, too, isn't of a violent nature.

Got a minging hangover .. Built personal bridges last nigh

The three groups on the top table - BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues and Rovers Trust - should be given the mandate to now propose the next actions based on ideas from last night's meeting.

I would divide the work into two - Ewood Park/Blackburn based initiatives and India based ones.

There is a lot of work needs to be done to get any of the ideas being floated up and running and successful.

Anyone who wants to get involved should contact one of the three groups and offer their services stating what they think they can bring to the party.

Last night showed more than enough fans still care as much as ever and want some positive action to end the Venky's regime.

The fact that the chief football correspondent for The Times, Oliver Kay, could be bothered to voluntarily spend his Thursday night in Blakey's Bar shows we are certainly not being ignored or forgotten by the national media.

The Times of India published a very decent feature last week on the shambles that has been the Venky's ownership.

Carefully planned, unified action is what's needed. One trip to India is all that's required, not two or three different groups flying out. And January 2017 coinciding with the cricket ODI in Pune is the perfect opportunity to allow for proper planning and maximum results.

The elephant in the room was Sky, they have a far too cosy relationship with Voldermort

The elephant in the room was Sky, they have a far too cosy relationship with Voldermort

Am I right in saying they went before the second half of the meeting? I saw them interview Buddy, but when I'd stood back after we reconvened, I didn't see the cameras.

We have had some coverage on SSN last night, so that's good. Hopefully that'll carry over to today.

100% agree

Archived