BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

I'm not sure if this is as simplistic as egos getting in the way.

Maybe people think Glen is a loose cannon?

And no, before anyone flies off the handle, I'm not condemning Glen for posting that article, but was it done with the approval of the other organisers (for want of a better word)?

Maybe they don't want to be associated with Glen in case there's any kind of legal backlash?

You could be correct but we won't know until they tell us. Until I hear a sensible explanation they will not get any support from me.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add my voice.......

Be very careful. Any sign of disunity will kill the whole project.

Be very, very careful.

TOO LATE PAL... p up in brewery organise

Just to update, the last few days have been spent pulling together the four main groups from last Thursday's meeting, the main issues and action points and then get everything under one recognisable name and banner for all fans to get behind.

This is taking a lot of work from unpaid volunteers with day jobs to make it all look and be very professional.

I appreciate people want to know what's happening and a full statement revealing all our plans and who's involved is very imminent.

We really do hope this achieves it's aim, which seems to be what most fans want, certainly the majority at the meeting last week and a lot of posters on here - to unite under a single umbrella organisation and escalate the campaign against the owners.

We've had a really good response from a lot of people who have not been involved before in organising and contributing and we want fresh ideas and people to contribute.

It's still in its infancy, so please bear with us and, hopefully, when all is revealed we will all have something tangible to back.

BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues, the Rovers Trust and BRFCS.com are the four groups who are setting it all up so its inevitable that the people already running those organisations are setting up the new one. When we feel we need other people to join, or they volunteer their services like a lot have, then we'll use them if we feel they bring something to the group we need.

From a personal, professional point of view (and accepting the desire for information from people not directly involved with any of the four groups mentioned), I don't think it's a good idea to discuss individuals or decisions that have been taken (not lightly) in public.

do we bow or courtesy my lord.

And no, before anyone flies off the handle, I'm not condemning Glen for posting that article, but was it done with the approval of the other organisers (for want of a better word)?

Maybe they don't want to be associated with Glen in case there's any kind of legal backlash?

or maybe they are scared of getting chicken poo on the keys to the kingdom

Well said. This stinks of people now taking up the rains to then take the glory if it comes to the Venky's.

This is definitely about egos and not the good of the club.

Shame in you!

hear hear

I'm absolutely speechless, twice in 2 days....

I lead and sit on project groups on a regular basis, the main objective from the outset is to get the best people for the project around the table, and you seem to be falling at the first hurdle due to some inward looking view that because we started it, we want to finish it.

Venkys couldn't have hoped for a better start to proceedings.

you couldn't script it pal

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Any petty squabbles should be put to one side for the greater good which I sincerely hope everybody is working towards (but in light of this I have my doubts).

Unity is strength.

and if I can shake hands like I did on Thursday then anyone can .

You could be correct but we won't know until they tell us. Until I hear a sensible explanation they will not get any support from me.

You're right, it's all just idle speculation until we hear from the parties involved.

From what I saw at the meeting, no one wants to put their head above the parapet. Some of these people have families and businesses to protect, so I can understand the reluctance, but unless someone takes the lead this whole thing will be strangled in its cradle.

• Backroom

I've had a a couple of promises of contact from both BRAG and The Rovers Trust regarding the venkysout.com website, as of yet I've heard nothing.

I'm happy to work with everyone, I want to fill that page up with as much information and ideas as possible to spread the message far and wide about Venkys ownership of our football club, I am raising money to get an advert in the Indian press, but truth be told - there is no tool more powerful than the internet.

I am reaching out to you to get in touch with me so everyone can utilise this website. BRAG, Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues, NYC Rovers etc etc...

By no means am I a leader, and I don't want to be. However, I do want to help in any way I can. The website has had thousands of hits already, lets not let it go to waste.

This was my idea before the Open floor meeting, at the open floor meeting and since the open floor meeting.

Across the supporter base we have a number of supporter groups, internet forum communities, facebook groups etc.

This is very good for the supporter base, to have groups which do different things, for example, Ewood Blues successfully run away travel, The Rovers trust are campaigning for part/full ownership of the club and fan representation at board level. THE BRFCAG, Do a number of things community linked, away travel and have meetings with club. Fans Forum are a recognised body by the club and hold monthly meetings. What unites all these is they all are for Rovers fans.

Each has each own remit and each its own committee/leadership.

However 90% of supporters are not part of a group so the whole group thing message, can be somewhat diluted when there is a million and one spokesman.

I proposed a task force committee selected by the supporter base, which was purely to put a precise and clear plan in place in the wish for Venkys to sell the club. If groups would like to personally endorse this, all the better. However it was to be under a one name that all 100% of the supporter base can relate to and support, without having to be a member of a group.

This also allowed entities like the trust to keep their powder dry is something goes wrong, for example a supporter runs on the pitch and cracks the manager. If this is under a banner with all the groups badges on, this brings a communication chain to the owners ever further away.

My experience of the last 5 years, of organising protest, getting stories out, communicating directly with the owners (Which I found out this morning the trust was not aware I did, even though I thought this was common knowledge) contacts, not only carrying out the investigation, but presenting it, which others who were there would vouch for. Puts me in a position if i'm involved I can advise specifically to prevent us re-inventing the wheel.

I divide opinion at times, but its fair to say is there anyone who does not?

I'm desperate for everyone to work together, as there is so much people can offer, who i'm now affraid are not going to be utilised. This is not about who gets this to the line, its about us actually getting to the line and giving us the best opportunity to do so.

If MP's thought I should present our case, with them by side, rather than them present it, surely i'm not a lost cause to help in this.

I have put so much into this, and want to continue doing so, so I can keep a promise to those who have supported me throughout and since. I owe this to them to carry on fighting.

To be clear, I will work with anyone, I have no conditions, its rovers, our club and I want us all to unite and fight for it

''communicating directly with the owners'' can you provide via this MB more detail? such as how recently and over what period of time and what were the subject matters discussed? who did you chat to? how the hell other Groups were not made aware of this?

Certainly a possibility - and whilst I have a lot of respect for Glen, discussing private email and conversations on his involvement here has probably not helped.

I can't say I know the ins and outs enough to give a summary but I can say that all this friction isn't going to help.

''communicating directly with the owners'' can you provide via this MB more detail? such as how recently and over what period of time and what were the subject matters discussed? who did you chat to? how the hell other Groups were not made aware of this?

This is the problem, childish point scoring. We have no chance of this working if this is how you behave. Makes my blood boil!!!!!!

• Moderation Lead

Precisely. We need answers and a clear explanation, fairly quickly, I'd say.

The article came out yesterday, cold shoulder been over a number of weeks.

We are not tickling at getting the owners out, this means it actually takes some real action and people willing to wear heart on sleeve

The article came out yesterday, cold shoulder been over a number of weeks.

We are not tickling at getting the owners out, this means it actually takes some real action and people willing to wear heart on sleeve

Spot on and you are ensuring that some real action takes place. Keep it going, as some of this stuff is simply breathtaking.

For around 2 years, they dont always respond, but sometimes they do. Balaji Rao is the person I have directly communicated with. I have said this before and passed his details on to others over the years, but they have either been ignored or they actually have not tried contacting him directly.

He said "communicating directly with the owners (open brackets ......close bracket) contacts.

It probably required an apostrophe, but still appears to not mean the owners, but their contacts (Shebby, plus latest fella Pasha?)

Edit - no my bad I see Glen has replied and clarified himself.

Certainly a possibility - and whilst I have a lot of respect for Glen, discussing private email and conversations on his involvement here has probably not helped.

I can't say I know the ins and outs enough to give a summary but I can say that all this friction isn't going to help.

The goings on at our club are of public interest. To be united people want the truth, to get the truth , you need to get the truth out their printed.

A number of organisations chose not to make these public, so desperate times call for desperate measures.

So it was a case of find the outlet willing to do their background, legal checks and them let them get it out there.

This is why I have been doing my blog, the more people know, the stronger the voice gets

For around 2 years, they dont always respond, but sometimes they do. Balaji Rao is the person I have directly communicated with. I have said this before and passed his details on to others over the years, but they have either been ignored or they actually have not tried contacting him directly.

Ignored... :mellow:

I have a few times but to no avail and last time I tried number was blocked :blink:

They must have a sixth sense over there ! Anyway new no. now and I've been texting, come on Balaji lad reply you know you want to........

Dear Mr Blackburn Ender, might I suggest that you and another like minded soul from the panel, pick up the telephone and agree to meet up with Gary & Warren (other names used to avoid using individuals names in public) tonight in a quiet pub for a swift pint and hug it out?

Otherwise I am sad to say that you may very well be scoring a spectacular own goal.

I sincerely hope that the 18/75 idea is published and encouraged in this statement. We have a lot of fans willing to do it as shown at last week's meeting and subsequent online discussions.

It's all well and good having delegations going out to India, I don't have a problem with that... but it is only an option for a handful of people. Protests need to take place at Ewood Park aswell and the 18/75 idea would be a great start.

I sincerely hope that the 18/75 idea is published and encouraged in this statement. We have a lot of fans willing to do it as shown at last week's meeting and subsequent online discussions.

It's all well and good having delegations going out to India, I don't have a problem with that... but it is only an option for a handful of people. Protests need to take place at Ewood Park aswell and the 18/75 idea would be a great start.

Just on this proposal, I am having a real dilemna with this, I promised myself that whilst Venkys still hold overall control at Companies House that they would not get a further penny out of me. I am already wrestling with myself about attending a function I have been invited at Ewood next month and have decided that our festive party this year will not be there.

Utter madness. How can you claim to represent the fans when you run it like a boys club?

This is a group set up to fighting against idiots that do what they want and ignore everyone else... Then you go and pull a stunt like this?

Just on this proposal, I am having a real dilemna with this, I promised myself that whilst Venkys still hold overall control at Companies House that they would not get a further penny out of me. I am already wrestling with myself about attending a function I have been invited at Ewood next month and have decided that our festive party this year will not be there.

I fully appreciate your dilemma. All I would say is that it's for one game & if you can bring yourself to do it, then please do.

Personally I did renew my Season Ticket, but vowed not to spend a penny more (concourse, club shop, extra cup games etc...)

Now I know that may be seen as half-hearted, but I felt I had to do something & now spend my money at local businesses on match day instead, who will no doubt be suffering due to the number of fans Venky's have driven away.

Utter madness. How can you claim to represent the fans when you run it like a boys club?

This is a group set up to fighting against idiots that do what they want and ignore everyone else... Then you go and pull a stunt like this?

I don't see an issue with what Blackburn Ender has put on here. Wait to see what they come out with before having a pop (and i am not connected to anyone in any group).

Sounds like they are trying to get a professional approach to this which will only help our cause, it's not about individuals.

I can now put this involvement thing to bed,

I have had an email, declining my offer of help which is a shame.

It appears my wish for a task force to be put together, made up of people who want to put the effort in and are elected in by the supporters, was deemed me asking for another group to be formed, which is so far from the truth.

Its my understanding a task force, which is self appointed is just about in place, but my presence is not required.

At no point did I ask for another group to be formed, as we have enough groups. I simply pointed out that the biggest group is the 90% of supporters who are members of no group.

However I will take the decision, in the haste that its been sent,

I will continue working on the initiatives, I'm already on with, with the people who are helping, who want one wish, "Our club to be safe and prosper" In years to come.

Why people cannot work together , is beyond comprehension, however, its my duty as a supporter who can help so much to continue to do so, as to abandon the club and the supporters now, is something I sadly cannot do.

Astounding if the fans can't work together what chance is there ? How can you be omitted after everything you've done or are some people on a ego trip on the back of your brilliant work

Archived