BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

Certainly a possibility - and whilst I have a lot of respect for Glen, discussing private email and conversations on his involvement here has probably not helped.

I can't say I know the ins and outs enough to give a summary but I can say that all this friction isn't going to help.

Why is it always the response that gets the flak?

"The fans leaving because of Venkys haven't helped"

"Chants of Venkys Out probably won't have helped"

"Protesting in public because Venkys are ignoring the fans probably won't have helped"

"Glen complaining in public that he is being ignored probably won't have helped"

These are not all statements attributed to you but they are all statements that have been made.

Your second para is spot on though, as is den's post earlier. Egos will quickly destroy this project.

I have to wonder, if I was a senior figure at the club and I saw the groups uniting last Thursday, what would I need to do to undermine that?

Well somebody has just played the club's ace card for them.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see what the group come up with before castigating them. Like Glen says, the main aim is 'Venky's Out'.

As for 'self-appointed leaders' that's how protest movements work isn't it? I can't vote for people i don't know. Fans will naturally rally behind them until they think they are harming/not promoting the cause.

Hopefully Glen can do his own thing and get the same support as the other group.

Let's see what the group come up with before castigating them. Like Glen says, the main aim is 'Venky's Out'.

As for 'self-appointed leaders' that's how protest movements work isn't it? I can't vote for people i don't know. Fans will naturally rally behind them until they think they are harming/not promoting the cause.

Hopefully Glen can do his own thing and get the same support as the other group.

Makes sense although I do worry that too many spilnter groups may dilute the overall target #VENKYSOUT.

Useing all your guns in all out attack makes more sense.

Agreed.

However those from the top table last week need to be far more prompt in getting statements out to the fanbase. I'm sure they are working hard, but if it's likely to take a while to get a joint statement out, then they need to make everyone aware of this. I think the silence / uncertainty isn't helping anyone.

Utter madness. How can you claim to represent the fans when you run it like a boys club?

This is a group set up to fighting against idiots that do what they want and ignore everyone else... Then you go and pull a stunt like this?

That's the problem J*B... No one can decide whether it should be a group or not.

Personally I feel that if protests need to be organised then you need to have an organisation to organise them in the first place! A guerilla organisation that has the interests of the club at heart that will be present long after Venkys are gone because no one knows who we'll end up with once they @#/? off. It should be an open organisation that everyone is free to chip and help to do their bit, that is a hub for everyone to look to for where people can vote through polls on what protests we invest in and in gives all the information about these protests.

I don't see it working any other way personally. Yes we already have some groups but they may as well not even exist if there's not visible action from them. There needs to be a guerilla organisation that's willing to get its hands dirty, that the fans can look to and see what action is being taken and then get involved.

That's the problem J*B... No one can decide whether it should be a group or not.

Personally I feel that if protests need to be organised then you need to have an organisation to organise them in the first place! A guerilla organisation that has the interests of the club at heart that will be present long after Venkys are gone because no one knows who we'll end up with once they @#/? off. It should be an open organisation that everyone is free to chip and help to do their bit, that is a hub for everyone to look to for where people can vote through polls on what protests we invest in and in gives all the information about these protests.

I don't see it working any other way personally. Yes we already have some groups but they may as well not even exist if there's not visible action from them. There needs to be a guerilla organisation that's willing to get its hands dirty, that the fans can look to and see what action is being taken and then get involved.

The Madon and Glen group it is then.

WTF is going on.

In 12 days we gave gone from unity and togetherness to disagreement and self destruction.

The V's an their agents must be falling over themselves laughing at our fan base.

RESULT = OWN GOAL

That's how my Mum used to descibe her WI meetings...............with a few choice words also used to add colour :blush:

To be fair debate about Jam and cake recipes can be quite explosive and emotional

Think there might have been jam at the supergroup after party. Things got sticky pretty quickly. If only the could preserve the unity.

I await the pronouncement, but who are the decision makers from the four groups? No one has voted for them en masse, a wider vote is needed for nominees going forward, oh, it's called democracy. I want to know who is driving this forward, their credentials, and proposals. One group, with a mandate from a clear majority of fans. Just a thought, or we fall at the first hurdle?

I await the pronouncement, but who are the decision makers from the four groups? No one has voted for them en masse, a wider vote is needed for nominees going forward, oh, it's called democracy. I want to know who is driving this forward, their credentials, and proposals. One group, with a mandate from a clear majority of fans. Just a thought, or we fall at the first hurdle?

I disagree with the voting, It doesn't matter what name is at the front, the force behind them is more important. Choosing the right message is potential worth voting for though, to give any potential leader the "market research" to choose the most viable and "partakable" routes of action.

I agree about the credentials but the factor of the main man needs to be time to get stuck in. WW makes a point, we are all generally working full time - that has an impact.

A fractured front, some who resent others for a lack of action, others who see over the top protest as counter productive is playing into the Rao's hands.

Any retired footballer, pref ex rovers (not Bradley Orr) around who can sit at a table with these lads and do an interview for the paper every week with an update?

The most upsetting thing we commented on last week , correct me if I'm wrong ,there was not one ex player at Blakeys . You would think at least one would of have had something to say .

Mike Newell would be the man to ask. He drinks at crown after a game also (I've heard!)

Mike Newell would be the man to ask. He drinks at crown after a game also (I've heard!)

He would be a very good person to invite to the party. He was one of the very few managers/coaches to take a stand against agents when he was (I think) at Luton. It cost him his job though and he was shunned by other clubs when he was trying to get back into the game. He may be reluctant to become involved but you never know. He could be a very valuable asset to our cause.

Just to update, the last few days have been spent pulling together the four main groups from last Thursday's meeting, the main issues and action points and then get everything under one recognisable name and banner for all fans to get behind.

This is taking a lot of work from unpaid volunteers with day jobs to make it all look and be very professional.

I appreciate people want to know what's happening and a full statement revealing all our plans and who's involved is very imminent.

We really do hope this achieves it's aim, which seems to be what most fans want, certainly the majority at the meeting last week and a lot of posters on here - to unite under a single umbrella organisation and escalate the campaign against the owners.

We've had a really good response from a lot of people who have not been involved before in organising and contributing and we want fresh ideas and people to contribute.

It's still in its infancy, so please bear with us and, hopefully, when all is revealed we will all have something tangible to back.

BRFC Action Group, Ewood Blues, the Rovers Trust and BRFCS.com are the four groups who are setting it all up so its inevitable that the people already running those organisations are setting up the new one. When we feel we need other people to join, or they volunteer their services like a lot have, then we'll use them if we feel they bring something to the group we need.

From a personal, professional point of view (and accepting the desire for information from people not directly involved with any of the four groups mentioned), I don't think it's a good idea to discuss individuals or decisions that have been taken (not lightly) in public.

You do the trust and WW PR and have issued this today on the back of my post, after I received an email today finally in response to a number of emails I sent out. Making it Crystal clear my involvement was not wanted.

So I phoned Dan in Sweden from the office today to clarify my response to it before I sent it, to ensure my response was not misread

I returned home after the open supporter meeting to reading tweets that basically said a democratic voice was out of the question and insinuating that people had their own agendas in the room.

Tonight Waynes tweets contradict the above and also the email I got and conversation with Dan.

Which IMO are due to the backlash which has occurred and there is some serious back peddling going on.

I have spoken to at least 7 people today at length who offered help in that meeting and have not heard a peep.

Who actually decided the above mentioned would decide the fate/direction going forwards is a question for another time and one I will ask in person.

I understand you will be issuing a statement tomorrow updating people on progress from Thursday.

I have only one question.

Will the supporter base be balloted to elect this task force to represent them and move this forwards?

I ask this as you say if people volunteer , you will decide if its something you need, where i'm of the opinion the supporters of our club will decide what we need and the direction things will go.

A democratic voice is needed not a self elected voice.

On an unrelated note, I have gone through the twitter lines of all 3 organisations who were present on the top table on thursday.

All the committee members and all group accounts.

Yesterday an article which as i write this has had 50,000 unique views and is the most groundbreaking yet, in the back yard of the owners. None of the above despite twitter followers and being active on twitter have chosen to RT it, or even support it, Can I ask why?

In addition an advert fund set up , whilst you lot decide what to do , has also not been supported.

In addition the trip to Pune in October has also been blasted too.

Unity is very important, however is also a two way street, I will always ask the questions on my mind, as this is how I am, which is why over the last 5 years I have learnt and done so many things regarding our club. Being direct with my questioning and approach has bare more fruits than dead ends, its how I operate, straight to the point.

24 hours is a long time in the life of a Blackburn Rovers supporter. We all have jobs to do, families etc.

I understand the people in charge of their respective groups related to BRFC would be the natural choices to lead a group/committee in this protest movement. But I really think there should be a vote on having an overall leader so all the fans are clear on who is leading this thing and what direction it is going in. It wouldn't be too difficult to have a leadership vote at the next meeting, anyone who wants to put their name forward can give a speech on why they think they should be leading, a ballot can be taken and then the leader elected and then ultimately it would be down to them to organise and arrange a committee of people as they see fit. It would make sense to have people on the committee dealing with different areas, one person being in charge of protests here in the UK, one person being in charge of protests going to India, one person dealing with all the social media, one person being in charge of communicating with fans of other clubs in protest against the FA, etc,

I firmly believe there was enough determination and passion in that room to make a really difference. We all need to unite and there needs to be transparency in every decision that has been made. I understand there is the need to discuss things behind close doors but the fans need to be kept in the loop at all times.

I'm not so much worried about leadership as DIRECT INVOLVEMENT!

Nothing wrong with having a figure-head who doesn't do much but bring an air of professionalism and PR to it all while the real ones beaver away in the background. Say, an ex-player or an MP or ex-MP or any famous Rovers supporter.

But, given the tireless extent of Glen's work over several years, and given what he's discovered, against the odds, to leave him out of being one of those chief "beavers" is self-defeating and churlish.

He would be a very good person to invite to the party. He was one of the very few managers/coaches to take a stand against agents when he was (I think) at Luton. It cost him his job though and he was shunned by other clubs when he was trying to get back into the game. He may be reluctant to become involved but you never know. He could be a very valuable asset to our cause.

Funnily enough he was the name I mentioned in a conversation about this ten mins ago. Perfectly fits the bill but the fact he's at Accy and maybe trying to find a way back higher up the food chain probably rules him out. Understandably.

Don't think his gaffers at Accy would be best pleased.

I'm not so much worried about leadership as DIRECT INVOLVEMENT!

Nothing wrong with having a figure-head who doesn't do much but bring an air of professionalism and PR to it all while the real ones beaver away in the background. Say, an ex-player or an MP or ex-MP or any famous Rovers supporter.

But, given the tireless extent of Glen's work over several years, and given what he's discovered, against the odds, to leave him out of being one of those chief "beavers" is self-defeating and churlish.

Contact has been made with Jack Straw in last couple of days, whilst a few interesting supporters have come forward with some things which im looking into regarding houses up near the training ground amongst other things.

I spoke earlier with quite a few of the people who asked for my number at the supporters meeting, whilst 2 more indian journalist are also in contact about doing another story , so the momentum can keep going.

The advert has a few people working on that in the background, whilst the trip to Pune is progressing too.

Contact has been made with Jack Straw in last couple of days, whilst a few interesting supporters have come forward with some things which im looking into regarding houses up near the training ground amongst other things.

I spoke earlier with quite a few of the people who asked for my number at the supporters meeting, whilst 2 more indian journalist are also in contact about doing another story , so the momentum can keep going.

The advert has a few people working on that in the background, whilst the trip to Pune is progressing too.

Haven't you got to run all this through the Dalai Lama Wild before you proceed.? Play Nice now.

Archived