BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

Haven't you got to run all this through the Dalai Lama Wild before you proceed.? Play Nice now.

I aint got weeks for an answer and neither has our club. The day I start hanging around for action is the day I give up.

The support throughout the last 5 years has been immense and over the last few days overwelming. This is about Blackburn Rovers, I wish I had a magic wand, with so much going on in my life at present.

Rovers is very much in my heart ; I visited my father earlier tonight who sadly wont be with us much longer, but he told me, he was proud that I stand up for what I believe in and to always follow my instinct. Which is the deepest thing he has ever said to me.

RTID

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this was always going to happen. I don't know anyone here personally, or the people on the self appointed top table but it sounds to me like a bit of a supporter grab and the 'unity' is fairytale and has jelly-like foundations. Whilst people bicker, it is either doomed to failure or will simply provide months of inaction. The time has finally come to really show some balls whilst people are interested, yet we are dropping a clanger Shane Duffy would be proud of. I feel egos and lack of individual strength are involved here and just yet another self-appointed group is about to be created.

Through individual choice, I can totally understand the viewpoint of some not wanting Glen as one of the faces of this alliance - Amarillo stated what is likely. His heart is on his sleeve, he is passionate about the club but I would imagine some harbour serious trust issues in terms of how he is open with info via social media. Tactically, he is very different to how I would go about things and maybe certain people don't want to entertain that. Regardless, the flip side is he is well known, well-liked and well respected in various other quarters - so to not have him and his passion involved at all (or at least give supporters the option) that would be foolish, timewasting and alienating to a chunk of our fans. With that in mind, (Especially whilst this new group is in its self-appointed state) I would suggest to any supporter or group to do what you believe in and do what you feel is necessary to reach your ultimate goal. If this is truly a united venture, people can't be self appointed because they are only speaking for themselves, or most likey part of a little harim of like-minded friends who'll agree on everything. A supporter unity in name only.

I aint got weeks for an answer and neither has our club. The day I start hanging around for action is the day I give up.

The support throughout the last 5 years has been immense and over the last few days overwelming. This is about Blackburn Rovers, I wish I had a magic wand, with so much going on in my life at present.

RTID

I appreciate all the hard work that you have one over the years but it appears you are now hell bent on doing your own thing going forward, which IMO will be counter intuitive.

We have the main supporters groups coming together under one umbrella and trying to pull in the same direction, i am sure that once they are on their own two feet then all the offers of help coming forward will be acted upon.

You cannot offer a vote to the entire fan base on who they want leading this.

I personally think that all 3 groups should disband and one group should be democratically elected from them.

Three different groups/committees under a umbrella has massive potential for disaster imo. This needs resolving asap because now is the time to move things forwards, especially given the media interest.

as for Glen, we have had our differences over the years, but I would be amazed to see him overlooked given the amount he's done to try and expose the problems over the past 5 years.

I hope people can see sense, think rationally and unite the fans as without that we have no chance.

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High

Can I appeal for some calm in all this. It is important that we create a really good foundation to the next phase of action.

We may be seeing another phase of Direct action(to stir the Owners to get rid) followed by the next phase of BRFC the 'best town club in the world'(in order to attract Investors) and then the exciting phase is the 'phoenix from the ashes' focus where we try to get OUR Football Club functioning successfully again.

Football is a very passionate part of our lives. This Action has to be dis-passionate -what will get the right results is our main motive.

I sit writing this in Turkey,wanting to assist BUT with my resignation email already sent in order to come back to help by early October. All my years of Management experience available but not getting involved in all this chatter...whatever the composition of the Co-ordinating Group it has to find room for the people who can add value(like Glen M) without having ego battles all over the place.

RTID

I respect your view Philip but in all fairness none of the groups have pushed legal boundaries apart from maybe brag in the early days. Most leaked information has come from individuals. So I don't see legalities as any issue here.

A strong unified single group fronted by someone like Will Straw, (who has already stated he will help) would have much more credence, depth and strength.

But hey ho, I am just offering my personal opinion

I appreciate all the hard work that you have one over the years but it appears you are now hell bent on doing your own thing going forward, which IMO will be counter intuitive.

We have the main supporters groups coming together under one umbrella and trying to pull in the same direction, i am sure that once they are on their own two feet then all the offers of help coming forward will be acted upon.

You want Glen to stop? This whole resurrection of protest against Venkys has occured because the release of certain documents has woken up some fans as to what actually has been going on.

Without Glen no documents would have been discovered! In all conscience he can't be left out now.

What's with all the 'woe is me' mentality? Telling us what can't be done. Time for those in 'charge'to puff the chests out and present an image of being ready for a dirty fight. Hopefully today's statement has a bit more bite than 'we're trying our best'.

You want Glen to stop? This whole resurrection of protest against Venkys has occured because the release of certain documents has woken up some fans as to what actually has been going on.

Without Glen no documents would have been discovered! In all conscience he can't be left out now.

Not at all, he has done some great work. Just think that whatever comes out of this meeting we should all get behind and not do our own thing.

You are more likely to get behind something(anything) if you feel valued and have had some role in determining the process.

In this day and age you can't simply tell people what's going to happen and ignore them if they disagree.

I personally think that all 3 groups should disband and one group should be democratically elected from them.

One major problem with this Mike. There can only be one supporter's trust under Supporters Direct regulations. If the current Rovers Trust were to disband it could not be replaced in the future. This would put an end to any possibility of full or part ownership of the club by the fans under this scheme.

We can argue this may or may not be a good thing but the opportunity would be gone - forever as things currently stand.

In an ideal world the protests would be headed by the group/leader looking to takeover the club.

The two Ian's emerging in this somehow is the ideal scenario.

I've thought for a while that the unofficial leader of whatever THIS is, (Wayne Wild) has an eye on a board level position at the club if/when any takeover is completed... nothing to back it up, just a hunch.

In an ideal world the protests would be headed by the group/leader looking to takeover the club.

The two Ian's emerging in this somehow is the ideal scenario.

Actually, doesn't there have to be some "apparent" separation between those at the forefront of the conflict and those, who may eventually have to have dialogue( hahaha) with the owners?

I've thought for a while that the unofficial leader of whatever THIS is, (Wayne Wild) has an eye on a board level position at the club if/when any takeover is completed... nothing to back it up, just a hunch.

If he's good at it and a passionate Rovers fan, then I don't care.

However, in the interim,we need Glen to help us get there

Yeah sure many people have eyes on prizes, as they have done under the current regime.

We are a long way off that anyway, this needs to be a professional, orchestrated and effective campaign.

Your'e not trying to plant some seeds, are you :D

Anyways he is Chairman of Darwen

Probably best the Ian's stay away from it for now as if V's did get desperate and think we'll listen to some offers they wouldn't want to deal with people who've been making their lives hell I don't think.

They'll have some other charlatan waiting in the wings to get their hands on it probably.

• Moderation Lead

Snap. Some are definitely desperate for some power and glory IMO.

WTF is going on.

In 12 days we gave gone from unity and togetherness to disagreement and self destruction.

The V's an their agents must be falling over themselves laughing at our fan base.

RESULT = OWN GOAL

The own goal is attempting to exclude Gen Mullen who is well known, at least by association, on here. He is also well known for his anti Venkys work over the years and it seems stupid not to use his knowledge especially if it because he decided to change employers.

No he's not! He has said that he wants to be a member of the group and they are inexplicably excluding him for reasons that I suspect are personal. After all he has done this cannot be right.

Archived