BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree - even though I have no chance of making it - I can catch up with proceedings after the event, I have no need to see a live stream. Please folk, let's see as many of you down there as possible.

Good luck and keep it civil and articulate :)

Yes - of course no problem with it being recorded and made available later.

They are even on about reading tweets out during the meeting despite upto 500 people being in attendance!

Beginning to fear for this...

1 - OK, but who's the actual host? Who is taking the questions? Who is moving on when questions have been answered? Something of this size needs a genuine host, a speaker/leader.

2 - This is yet to work in any public meeting i've been to RE Rovers. From the official ones down to the previous fan led meetings. What's changed this time for it not to end up with people shouting/swearing/interrupting? If theres 500 people in a room is the mic connected to a PA? If people in the audience are asking a question, how are you going to hear both the question and the answer with one wireless mic?

3 - OK, sounds good.

4 - See a combination of point 1 and 2.

5 - Agreed.

Josh,

The host is an independent supporter who is connected to no groups and was present at the pre-meet last night and is fully aware of what he needs to be doing. He will be round the room with a roving mic to take points and thoughts from the floor, once the meeting has been opened by the table at the front which will consist of 6 people, from the Action Group, the Rovers Trust and Ewood Blues.

What has changed? the key thing here is that the supporter base are united in one thing, the removal of our owners. In the past we have had these types of meetings, for instance less than 12 months ago the room was split, if anyone said something bad about the owners, someone else would shout over them - telling them to back the team and shout how the owners are keeping the club afloat, even that person from that meeting is now united in the mission to remove these owners.

Yes the roving Mic and the stationary Mic will both be connected to the PA system.

The key thing in the organisation of the night, is that the supporters collectively have their voice heard, everybody who wants to speak or make a point, should be allowed to do so. Of course it is going to be difficult, it needs people to respect each others views, and allow each other to speak - but anybody who cannot appreciate and allow for this, should ask themselves why they are attending and what they want from the meeting.

This cannot be the Action Group telling supporters what they should do, or the Rovers Trust telling supporters what they should do, these organisations act on the remit of the supporters and it is down to the supporters to dictate what the now and next is.

I can only echo Ste and Ozz in that conspiracy theories, the last 5 years, who was right and who was wrong - it has no place tonight, this is about unity and the football club, we - the supporters are the only people left that care about this club and it is up to us to fight to protect it, and ensure it is still there for future generations.

People will disagree with points, but i ask for them to respectfully allow that point to be made, and there will be good points made that will generate good discussion. There is no hiding from the fact that it'll need conduct from all present, but the alternative was to do nothing, and surely an attempt is the better option?

The floor, the supporters will decide the direction of the meeting.

To the poster who asked if the Ewood Blues are "Venkys In" or "Venkys Out", they are firmly Venkys Out and the signs in Birdy's window are there to stay.

Josh,

The host is an independent supporter who is connected to no groups and was present at the pre-meet last night and is fully aware of what he needs to be doing. He will be round the room with a roving mic to take points and thoughts from the floor, once the meeting has been opened by the table at the front which will consist of 6 people, from the Action Group, the Rovers Trust and Ewood Blues.

What has changed? the key thing here is that the supporter base are united in one thing, the removal of our owners. In the past we have had these types of meetings, for instance less than 12 months ago the room was split, if anyone said something bad about the owners, someone else would shout over them - telling them to back the team and shout how the owners are keeping the club afloat, even that person from that meeting is now united in the mission to remove these owners.

Yes the roving Mic and the stationary Mic will both be connected to the PA system.

The key thing in the organisation of the night, is that the supporters collectively have their voice heard, everybody who wants to speak or make a point, should be allowed to do so. Of course it is going to be difficult, it needs people to respect each others views, and allow each other to speak - but anybody who cannot appreciate and allow for this, should ask themselves why they are attending and what they want from the meeting.

This cannot be the Action Group telling supporters what they should do, or the Rovers Trust telling supporters what they should do, these organisations act on the remit of the supporters and it is down to the supporters to dictate what the now and next is.

I can only echo Ste and Ozz in that conspiracy theories, the last 5 years, who was right and who was wrong - it has no place anymore, this is about unity and the football club, we - the supporters are the only people left that care about this club and it is up to us to fight to protect it, and ensure it is still there for future generations.

People will disagree with points, but i ask for them to respectfully allow that point to be made, and there will be good points made that will generate good discussion. There is no hiding from the fact that it'll need conduct from all present, but the alternative was to do nothing, and surely an attempt is the better option?

The floor, the supporters will decide the direction of the meeting.

To the poster who asked if the Ewood Blues are "Venkys In" or "Venkys Out", they are firmly Venkys Out and the signs in Birdy's window are there to stay.

Perfect - less concerned now, perhaps Paul's was a hasty reply.

Location of England's upcoming Cricket Matches:

Wednesday 9th November 2016 INTERNATIONAL TEST MATCH SERIES
  • 04:00
    Venue: Rajkot
Thursday 17th November 2016 INTERNATIONAL TEST MATCH SERIES
    Venue: Visakhapatnam
Thursday 8th December 2016 INTERNATIONAL TEST MATCH SERIES
    Venue: Mumbai
Friday 16th December 2016 INTERNATIONAL TEST MATCH SERIES
    Venue: Chennai
Sunday 15th January 2017 ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SERIES
  • 09:00
    Venue: Pune
Thursday 19th January 2017 ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SERIES
    Venue: Cuttack
Sunday 22nd January 2017 ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL SERIES
    Venue: Kolkata
Thursday 26th January 2017 INTERNATIONAL TWENTY20 SERIES
  • 13:30
    Venue: Kanpur
Sunday 29th January 2017 INTERNATIONAL TWENTY20 SERIES
    Venue: Nagpur
Wednesday 1st February 2017 INTERNATIONAL TWENTY20 SERIES
    Venue: Bangalore

I was going to go but I'm sat waiting for a window fitter. Should've been here this afternoon but called to say it would be around 7pm when he will get here. Pigeon smashed a bedroom window and itself.

I'm pro active for any action that is decided upon this evening.

We can confirm the following details, The Open Floor Meeting will take place on

Thursday 1st September 2016

Blakeys Bar (King Georges Hall) Blackburn

Doors Open 7.00 pm for a 7.30 start.

The meeting has been facilitated and backed by

Blackburn Rovers Football Community Action Group,

Rovers Trust,

Ewood Blues,

BRFCC

amongst other supporter groups to be announced

Cheers Paul, was just about to set off for the 7:30 as per above and it transpires it's a 7pm start. Might have been worth posting that someone!

Good luck.

Archived