BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just been on a site called Roverstalk. All is hunky dory with the owners and our manager, the angry fans are to blame. 1st time I have been on and they seem to enjoy having a wee bit of a go at BRFCC. Just came across this wee gem:

Re: Supporter Consultation Meetings

Postby Ethiaa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 am

On a side issue, there is the "open supporters meeting" on Thursday 1st September in Blakeys Bar in King Georges Hall Blackburn - doors open 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

This is being organised by the action group so I guess you can imagine what it's going to be like. But you know, I've told you about it now so you can make your own choice how you waste your time ;)

He certainly knows all about wasting time as he's a member of the Fans Forum. You know, that ineffective quango who sit around hand wringing over the amount of sheets per roll on the Ewood Park loo roll.

Right but there are loads of us who can't get there. Can we not do a stream and have some sort of email verification, perhaps members of the trust/this site or whatever.

It maybe too much to ask but would be great for us that don't live close to Blackburn and have work etc...

Yeh stream would be great... Periscope or facebook live type thing.

Can´t make it unfortunately - stuck in Ibiza. Someone get on to MP Hollern or Councillor Khan and get em to sort a free bar. Andy Holt does it regularly for Stanley fans in The Crown on Whalley Road. B):brfc:

Please leave the alcohol for after the meeting lol :D

Is it you ? That's why a strong chair needed

Shelfie removed all the chairs before he left.

The main objective of the evening is to allow fans to show unity, in a common desire to enforce a change of ownership at Rovers. We are hoping to steer clear of going over old ground, conspiracy theories, hand wringing over player and manager recruitment etc. We want the fans attending to discuss in an orderly manner (!) ideas to help us achieve that goal.

Can we apply this to BRFCC also :)

Gibbon wrote:

#VenkysOut trending on Twitter because apparently a chunk of fans are VERY ANGRY.

Things that make me angry about Rovers:

1. The stupidity and xenophobia of the Venkys Out mob.

2. Football shirts make me look fatter.

Things that mildly irritate me about Rovers:

1. The time it takes us to appoint a new manager.

I think the lack of traffic and posts says all you need to know about Roverstalk, I wonder if any of that lot will cheers if venkys leave and we get competent owners how quick will they change their tune.

I just spent a good half hour rambling on a post. I made tremendous sense to my mind, then I lost it all. [homer] "Stupid computer" [/homer] I'm not typing all that again.

Anyway, I saw this on the blue eyed boy blog (I'm sure it was from there anyway).

http://charltoncard.tumblr.com/post/139650202571/everything-you-need-to-know-about-cards-protest

I particularly like the unofficial programme. I think there's still a massive need to "educate" (for want of a better word) the fan base. Most don't do social media I'd wager. The Telegraph and Radio Lancs are weak as gnats urine when it comes down to it.

There's clearly a lot of synergy here with Charlton.

I really hope it's productive this evening.

Call me crazy but wouldn't it be worth releasing some details on tonight?

Who is the compare/host?

Will it be streamed?

Will it be recorded?

Is there an agenda?

Is there a scheduled finish?

It shouldn't be this hard.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/football-league-restructure-plan-taken-to-clubs

Probably on the wrong thread but earlier in the summer clubs were asked to consider and consult over possible radical changes to the Football League, including expansion and a change to leagues of 20 teams

This is an interesting article and mentions Doncaster Rovers as a club that has recently met with supporters to gather their views on possible changes to the League structure.

Have Rovers carried out any such consultation with supporters? Any meetings, polls, surveys?

Or are they sitting back and doing nothing. The prospect of Chestnut and Silvester turning up at the League AGM to vote on proposed changes having made no effort to discuss with supporters concerns me.

The original documents are here:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Downloads/News/2016/Whole-Game-Solution-ELF-17-08-16.pdf

• Backroom

Who is the compare/host? Not sure

Will it be streamed? Supposedly not

Will it be recorded? Not sure

Is there an agenda? Yes, key members of different supporters groups met up last night to arrange this.

Is there a scheduled finish? 9pm

Answered a couple of your questions mate, sorry I don't know the rest!

Answered a couple of your questions mate, sorry I don't know the rest!

Surely its worth releasing what the proposed agenda is? There could be people turning up at 8PM say - would be useful if they know what they've missed...

this just tweeted from the Rovers Trust

For those unable to attend but wishing to partake, we are working on an improvised live stream.

We ask that you bear with us on this as we won't be able to test it until the meeting is about to start.

We will be live tweeting the meeting and also taking views and questions from people via Social Media, and will attempt to get as many views in as possible.

For those that wish to attend, the meeting is TONIGHT, 7PM @ Blakey's Bar, King George's Hall, Blackburn. Free entry, but the venue is limited to a 500 capacity.

Who is the compare/host?

Will it be streamed?

Will it be recorded?

Is there an agenda?

Is there a scheduled finish?

Hosted by BRFCAG / Rovers Trust / Ewood Blues amongst other groups,

It is planned that all three groups will speak for a few minutes to set the ball rolling, then it is very much an open floor where everyone present will have the chance to make suggestions and add to discussions. there will be a wireless mic moving around the room for those who need a mic. I would hope people will respect each others views and listen whether you agree with a viewpoint or not. If we end up with people shouting over each other the night will be a waste of time.

I understand Lancs Telegraph will be there as will Radio Lancs, it was discussed Radio Lancs hosting with us and it being broadcast however they declined on the basis that no one was there to represent the club a possibility of National Media be in attendance also.

The agenda is pretty much we all open the meeting then with some luck constructive ideas will come from the floor for discussion.

If we leave the room with a united front of groups and a few ideas on moving forwards it will be a good night.

It is planned that all three groups will speak for a few minutes to set the ball rolling, then it is very much an open floor where everyone present will have the chance to make suggestions and add to discussions. there will be a wireless mic moving around the room for those who need a mic. I would hope people will respect each others views and listen whether you agree with a viewpoint or not. If we end up with people shouting over each other the night will be a waste of time.

I understand Lancs Telegraph will be there as will Radio Lancs, it was discussed Radio Lancs hosting with us and it being broadcast however they declined on the basis that no one was there to represent the club a possibility of National Media be in attendance also.

The agenda is pretty much we all open the meeting then with some luck constructive ideas will come from the floor for discussion.

If we leave the room with a united front of groups and a few ideas on moving forwards it will be a good night.

Beginning to fear for this...

1 - OK, but who's the actual host? Who is taking the questions? Who is moving on when questions have been answered? Something of this size needs a genuine host, a speaker/leader.

2 - This is yet to work in any public meeting i've been to RE Rovers. From the official ones down to the previous fan led meetings. What's changed this time for it not to end up with people shouting/swearing/interrupting? If theres 500 people in a room is the mic connected to a PA? If people in the audience are asking a question, how are you going to hear both the question and the answer with one wireless mic?

3 - OK, sounds good.

4 - See a combination of point 1 and 2.

5 - Agreed.

If that's the format it will need a strong chairperson.

They should not be live streaming this - it will just encourage people to stay at home rather than attend.

I agree - even though I have no chance of making it - I can catch up with proceedings after the event, I have no need to see a live stream. Please folk, let's see as many of you down there as possible.

Good luck and keep it civil and articulate :)

Archived