BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really good points being raised, you're all a credit to the club and the town.

Almost bringing a tear my eye, I've been banging on about this for years, I've spent far to many sleepless nights going over the situation time and time again and its great that fans seem to be coming together finally.

For all the apathy at our current situation, it stirs the heart to see and hear that passion. We will get our club back

Drinks break. Now watching online. Totally surreal.

Why are the people on the top table being asked who owns Brockhall? How the hell would they know?

Why are we talking about lack of signings?

One thing needs to come from this meeting - a plan. It's no good being 3 fans groups acting together, it needs to be one group which is a combination of people attacking one sole target, the Raos. There seems to be a very sensible person in there that mentioned Sky, get him on board on the background because he has an understanding of how these things work.

Wayne's right, we need some people out there in India. There's talk of one group going out in 6 weeks... You will only get one chance at this. Don't rush it and go in 6 weeks, make it 12 weeks and get one big group going with an actual plan.

There's only been a few bits about actions over here in the meantime. A boycott won't work - Birdy has said himself he will go no matter what.

Excellent first session so far.

Some thoughts:

On that panel (plus Glen in the audience) we have the making of a dream team of Rovers groups. A supergroup even. Keeping that spirit and passion is a must. If nothing else comes from tonight that is the key. Birdy being on that panel is massive in my view.

A club like Charlton kept up the pressure in several Championship games. Rovers need to do the same. Birdy's 18 and 75 minute messages as a great first start but Glen is right about the safety issue. The concourse is not the place for that many people. Crushing is a possibility. Blowing whistles is good but will almost certainly lead to searches. Maybe supporters could stand and turn their backs on 18' and 75' in silence to make that point. Any match ideas need to be televised.

'Taking the fight to Pune' another great statement in theory. Arrange a very public meeting, invite the Raos and the media. Even if they don't turn up, it is newsworthy in India and Pune. Any planning needs to be done privately though, not via a streamed meeting. Will a hotel or conference centre even take a booking from us?

I was original sceptical about streaming it but actually it's a good idea. It makes the meeting transparent but you can also guarantee that people from the club will be watching. Yes, they will see a fairly amateur, if well meaning and relatively speaking impressive group (I don't mean to be rude at all), but they will see what they fear the most: the fans uniting. Especially the different independent fan groups. The Fans Forum would do well to very publicly shun meetings with the club and join this group - until Venkys leave.

Finally (so far), it shows that the BRFCS general opinion is NOT a minority voice but has a lot of backing.

Keep up the good work everyone.

I'm here. Great turnout and some very good speakers and points made (along with a sprinkling of gobshites). The problem is that it's turning into a bit of a Q and A with the panel at the front.

Great solidarity though just needs a real leader to head up any protest movement.

Is Abbey in attendance LD?

Some thoughts:

On that panel (plus Glen in the audience) we have the making of a dream team of Rovers groups. A supergroup even. Keeping that spirit and passion is a must. If nothing else comes from tonight that is the key. Birdy being on that panel is massive in my view.

A club like Charlton kept up the pressure in several Championship games. Rovers need to do the same. Birdy's 18 and 75 minute messages as a great first start but Glen is right about the safety issue. The concourse is not the place for that many people. Crushing is a possibility. Blowing whistles is good but will almost certainly lead to searches. Maybe supporters could stand and turn their backs on 18' and 75' in silence to make that point. Any match ideas need to be televised.

The whistle idea is great for starters because nobody can spin the low numbers protesting if you're blowing whistles and hopefully the noise will be deafening. Just have to keep those whistles out of the stewards hands on entry to the ground.

Both Newcastle and Villa fans have been ridiculed by those drunks on sky when walking out of turning their backs on games, even though thousands actually took part.

Some thoughts:

'Taking the fight to Pune' another great statement in theory. Arrange a very public meeting, invite the Raos and the media. Even if they don't turn up, it is newsworthy in India and Pune. Any planning needs to be done privately though, not via a streamed meeting. Will a hotel or conference centre even take a booking from us?

I was original sceptical about streaming it but actually it's a good idea. It makes the meeting transparent but you can also guarantee that people from the club will be watching. Yes, they will see a fairly amateur, if well meaning and relatively speaking impressive group (I don't mean to be rude at all), but they will see what they fear the most: the fans uniting. Especially the different independent fan groups. The Fans Forum would do well to very publicly shun meetings with the club and join this group - until Venkys leave.

Finally (so far), it shows that the BRFCS general opinion is NOT a minority voice but has a lot of backing.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Are the Ians there?

All this talk about hitting Venkys in their back yard in India got a bell ringing in the back of my head, and I recalled a news story from a few years ago:

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/allegations-baselessvenkys/

Our old friend Saurin Shah, who was rumoured to be leading the race to takeover the club prior to Ali Syed and Venkys.

Looks like Shah and his company Qubic Sports felt they were entitled to a quarter of the club from an earlier agreement with Venkys. Shah claimed they had reneged on the agreement. Clearly this rattled Venkys sufficiently to prompt 'Madame' to speak to the newspaper and defend Venkys.

How about we try to make contact with Mr Shah or his company. I'm sure he might have an 'axe to grind' with Venkys after their previous, and might be able to help spread the message in India, or at least shed some light on the dodgy goings on prior to the takeover........

This Wolves game needs to be an anti venkys event, think I'll come up for that all being well.

Guy just got on mic and called out two Asian guys as being employees of the club - they weren't

Plank

Archived