BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Floor Meeting To Unite The Fans

pk1875

Hopefully an action group will form when the cameras stop running. A set of nasty sods who will carryout direct action.

I'm going to stick with my Lone Wolf approach :tu: but will take part in the 1875 and other organised protests.

Hopefully a lot will buy tickets for the JW Stand. After all the Venkys want it to look good on TV.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said the whole evening had been a waste of time. I couldn't disagree more. It is the start of a long journey. Together.

The immediate aftermath of this needs to be to all get behind "Birdy's decision" for the Wolves game.

In on 18 mins, out on 75 mins.

#in18-75out #venkysout

I think he was frustrated, and I would be If I'd driven up from Exeter!

But his point still stands, its all talk, nothing was agreed as far as I heard, and whilst it was a good exercise it needs actions not words.

I think he was frustrated, and I would be If I'd driven up from Exeter!

But his point still stands, its all talk, nothing was agreed as far as I heard, and whilst it was a good exercise it needs actions not words.

It's Day 1, Gav. He, and you, had unrealistic expectations given how divided our fanbase has been.

This journey is longer than Exeter to Blackburn on a Thursday.

Bit of a let down in the end, couldn't make the venue but watched the stream...

Lacked control in the room which was always going to happen with a passionate subject.

At times the panel talked to each other while the room were making their point which I thought was a little rude...

Aside from Birdy sticking his neck out with the in/out 1875 thing (which is a great idea and simple to drive forwards) I didn't feel anyone else put themselves out there.

The fans clearly want the different fans groups etc to come together and provide some direction.

The meeting closed with nothing solid in place which is why it turned into a few shouters...

For a panel with some successful business people the lack of control of the session and no recap or final summary and next steps was poor in my opinion...

Lacked control in the room which was always going to happen with a passionate subject.

At times the panel talked to each other while the room were making their point which I thought was a little rude...

Aside from Birdy sticking his neck out with the in/out 1875 thing (which is a great idea and simple to drive forwards) I didn't feel anyone else put themselves out there.

The fans clearly want the different fans groups etc to come together and provide some direction.

The meeting closed with nothing solid in place which is why it turned into a few shouters...

For a panel with some successful business people the lack of control of the session and no recap or final summary and next steps was poor in my opinion...

Agreed. Was it Wayne Wild who got up and left the table very quickly at the end? Surely he was the one in the position to control the outcome.... perhaps a lot more happened after the link went off. I hope so. People had earlier been invited to come forward after the event.

• Backroom

18in75out.

Time to roll with that one and see what happens. There were about 300 people at a guess there tonight... We need to get this message out there. Leaflets at all home games from now until Wolves explaining what the plan is!

So the ''Fans Forum'' - were they invited? if so are they there?

Yes. Yes.

18in75out.

Time to roll with that one and see what happens. There were about 300 people at a guess there tonight... We need to get this message out there. Leaflets at all home games from now until Wolves explaining what the plan is!

Follow charlton and do unoffial programs for every game.

Good turnout too. They will have lost some numbers i suspect for the next one.

One thing is for sure is that i wish there was more Glens. He only had the mic twice once for any extended period of time but spoke like a true fan with passion and drive, felt none of that from the table.

Finally sick of seeing people moaning that the docs should have leaked years ago. It took a while to retrieve and i know for a fact promsies were made with individuals that these would not be released etc.

• Backroom

18in75out.

Well spoken tonight Matt really good, I thought Neal was brilliant as was Abbeys idea about delaying the game.

Marion for me was a star though we need her front and central someone people can really resonate with

18in75out.

When that was suggested, they should have done a show of hands to reflect the sample size and garner a bit of momentum.

• Backroom

I was there and feel that the only thing lacking was a full definitive outcome instead of a partial one (I was the young whippersnapper who got up and mentioned the whistles).

Personally, I think the outcome should be dead simple:

Target the Wolves and very simply protest as extremely as you are willing.

If your limit is whistles, do it.

If you have banners, bring.

If you want to enter and leave on 18 and 75, do it.

If you want to stay outside the ground all day chanting, do it.

If you want to throw a chicken on.the pitch, do it.

If you want to run on the pitch, do it.

Let's just cause havoc. Remember ANY disruption to the Wolves game will impact Sky TV and their schedule. Get their attention.

I was there and feel that the only thing lacking was a full definitive outcome instead of a partial one (I was the young whippersnapper who got up and mentioned the whistles).

Let's just cause havoc. Remember ANY disruption to the Wolves game will impact Sky TV and their schedule. Get their attention.

Well said Mikey both tonight and above!

It's Day 1, Gav. He, and you, had unrealistic expectations given how divided our fanbase has been.

This journey is longer than Exeter to Blackburn on a Thursday.

Excuse my unrealistic expectations, I've only been waiting for 3yrs for this happen and in reality nothing was agreed when it could have been.

But its a step forward.

Be shocked if the barmyarmy assist. They dont normally do football and are more concerned with selling tshirts and overpriced package tours

I thought that when he mentioned it, but you never know.

Un-coordinated protests here and there by a smattering of people is a waste of time.

3,000 plus on the pitch and bring the game to a halt - Sky might notice that.

I think that was key, tonight Gav. Baby steps, imo. We can't leap with this, peak, and lose momentum.

I agree Mike, just wish at least the 1875 protest had been rubber stamped, it may well be in the days to come, fingers crossed.

I think the whistles would be better for starters, then sky can't say it wasn't well supported like they're obliged to do if its a visable protest :glare:

There was a lady after the break who said something about having one website, one group, one name to get out for everyone to amass under.

I thought that was a gem. I must admit it almost makes me well up thinking about the passion of those fans, young and old!

Well done to Ewood Blues, The Trust and BRAG for coming together and organising such a well attended meeting.

My overall impression is one of frustration. The meeting did not have a Chair, there was a compare walking the floor with a mic but no-one to bring the meeting to order and chivvy speakers on.

Wayne Wild looked absolutely peed off. I don't blame him. The meeting ended a shambles with no way forward agreed apart from Birdie who pushes the 18-75 idea for the Wolves game.....good on Birdie for doing so.

A wasted opportunity.

I had my hand up for the last 30 minutes with proposals to move the meeting and the campaign forward, I was told I would be asked to speak but had to listen to some pillock accusing two Asian guys of being Venky stooges.....you could not make it up.

• Backroom

I thought the guy who was going on at the end was right in what he said regarding we need to come away from this with a clear plan. Spot on.

However, it was slightly hypocritical when earlier in the night he said he worked in the media industry and someone asked if he could do something, he then said 'No, I would lose everything' then closed the night with 'Somebody needs to put their bol*ocks on the line'

Un-coordinated protests here and there by a smattering of people is a waste of time.

3,000 plus on the pitch and bring the game to a halt - Sky might notice that.

Not true.

If every time the game restarted, someone else invaded the pitch it would cause a huge delay to the game. Once they had been removed , someone else goes on a couple of minutes later and stops the game.

You don't need 3000, just about 30 who don't care about the criminal aspect and any effect on their jobs. You'd need people in several stands as the stewards would just one the Darwen End if they all came from there.

You've nothing to lose at work. You can go first Jim.

Archived