BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Breakthrough In India.

Madon

• Backroom

I have had an email go into my inbox from the contact form on Venkysout.com

Please see below from someone in India who has visited the site. (This is legit as I've checked and somebody from Channai was on the page this afternoon).

our message: Greetings, I am a 31 year old guy, based in India (South; Chennai). I fully support your cause. I saw the documentary by Rishi Sikka and was appalled by that absolute @#/? Shebby Singh. Especially when he said \"Madam (Desai) now has started watching football on ESPN\". It\'s like lunatics running an asylum and the tortured screams coming out from it belong to the supporters. Blackburn Rovers appear to be such a beautiful club, with a beautiful history, a beautiful stadium and a beautiful badge. Seems like a bunch of @#/? from my own country are hell bent on destroying it. I honestly cannot see any mad reason other than malice or perversion to continue owning the club. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. The great pity is that we have some genuine football people in this country - the guys who run Tech Mahindra, the actors Ranbir Kapoor, Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham, who probably would do a better job if they owned a club; they are into club football. These chicken brained morons seem to be a shady lot in addition to being completely invisible - they hardly appear on the media or anywhere that we can dig up stories on them. Perhaps I will write to some of our major TV channels as to what\'s going on. Or, a piece of advice. You could try contacting the TV channel \"Times Now\" and ask them to cover your story if possible. It\'s the number 1 news channel in India, watched by everyone and its\' roid-rage inclined news-anchor summons and debates hotly with politicians and elites who are perceived to be doing something wrong. If you can dig up any dirt on them, you can forward it to the channel. A better idea is this - this news-anchor guy is a strong patriot and he hates India being shamed on any level, rants uncontrollably. If you can show him how Venky\'s are disgracing India, he will take it personally. I know these suggestions might sound a bit immature, but it\'s really all I can think of. Just the point to note is that everybody tunes into this channel and even the government has acted on some of his exposes. Bad rep for Venky\'s could affect their business. A bit about my background, if you don\'t find it too boring. I have only been watching football since 2013 (not counting world cup 2006 and 2010; international football is meaningless anyway), as my life was pretty much full of other issues to watch any sport before that...don\'t ask. Anyway, when I was travelling in Australia, I saw the Chelsea vs Bayern UCL final, my first match, with some mates. Then, didn\'t watch anything else for awhile. After some time, I somehow came upon and fell in love with Moyes United. You might think it\'s weird, that most foreign fans usually fall in love with teams that actually win. Liverpool fans after Istanbul, Arsenal fans after the Invincibles era, so on. But I had no prior knowledge of who or what Man United were. I merely started watching the middle of the league season and saw a pale faced manager losing and losing with his team, and making headlines. I became fascinated by this. Then, my fascination turned to pity, especially after the 2-0 drubbing to Olympiakos. Even then, I hadn\'t bothered to read any articles on the history of this club. Never during the entirety of Moyes\' tenure did I know that United were a treble winning, 20 time champions. Never even heard of Sir Alex or Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes or any of the legends. I had always been attracted to the underdog and in that season, United certainly seemed the underdog. Or a squashed bug. Anyway, I started feeling an emotional connect with their wins and losses (my joy at Evra\'s cracker against Bayern surprised even me). I watched everyone of their matches and finally started following them. I understood the status of the club following the end of the season, and started following with more vigor when van Gaal took over (another misery of an era; finally perhaps I can watch some attractive football from United for the first time under Mourinho). Caught up on the other leagues too, know my way about the Serie A, La Liga and to some extent knowledgeable about the others. The point of this is, perhaps if United had been winning when I tuned into football, I might have ended up following a club like Blackburn or Leicester. I am a pessimistic guy by nature who believes that a ceiling can be shattered occasionally, but not all the time. But obviously, I wouldn\'t want it to be any club other than United for the world, as the emotional connect is strong and I love most of the players as well as the manager. Ofc, whenever I talk to football fans, they roll their eyes and say, \"United? Guess you chose the winning team as usual like most\"! Especially my cousin, who has been a Liverpool fan since 2005 (Istanbul, yeah), he doesn\'t like my choice of club. Wishing the fans, the community and the club the best for its\' future, and the worst for the Venky\'s. And apologies from India for unleashing these degenerate @#/? on your club. Narayanan

The question has to be... How do we reply to this?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, if he's fascinated by misery he's made to be a Rovers fan.

Burnley wind-up over VPN / ISDN mask / TunnelBear?

His English is good and his advice on the face of it seems sensible and fairly credible though. Hmmm.

Poor old underdogs ManU though? Never heard of Ferguson, Scholes or Giggs?!

Is there any way this checks out more than an ISDN location - which can be fabricated? Most of the info he has is easily accessible on this board? Why wait until a VenkysOut site is created.

My response is how did he find out about this? Sceptical. Tread carefully. If it is a wind-up they'll be watching this board...

• Backroom

@yahoo.co.in

Jeez, if he's fascinated by misery he's made to be a Rovers fan.

Burnley wind-up over VPN / ISDN mask / TunnelBear?

His English is good and his advice on the face of it seems sensible and fairly credible though. Hmmm.

Poor old underdogs ManU though? Never heard of Ferguson, Scholes or Giggs?!

Is there any way this checks out more than an ISDN location - which can be fabricated? Most of the info he has is easily accessible on this board? Why wait until a VenkysOut site is created.

My response is how did he find out about this? Sceptical. Tread carefully. If it is a wind-up they'll be watching this board...

Stuart, I've been tweeting numerous Indian accounts with the website today and an Indian superleague account Retweeted it. Im on my way to Rover's now so I can't look at Google analytics for the site properly. When I was at work earlier though there was definitely someone in Channai looking at the site and this would seem an awful lot of time and effort for someone to be on a wind up.

Whether it is legit or not (and I'm suspicious), I'm not sure what good it does. I'm sure other people we have involved in trying to bring our story to light have plenty of contacts in India who can advise.

• Backroom

This is an automated attachment on the bottom of the contact emails...

IP address: 117.193.130.202

IP search: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/117.193.130.202

I can 100% confirm this is legit. He has added me on WhatsApp and I'm in contact with him now. He found the site from the thread I posted on the man utd forum!

This is an automated attachment on the bottom of the contact emails...

IP address: 117.193.130.202

IP search: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/117.193.130.202I can 100% confirm this is legit. He has added me on WhatsApp and I'm in contact with him now. He found the site from the thread I posted on the man utd forum!

But what can he do? Glen and Kamy know of numerous people based in India during this sorry episode and will know of the media outlets. Getting a damaging or newsworthy story out there is very, very difficult.

Unless he's prepared to climb naked up the Aga Khan's palace with a Venkys out banner and not come down for 7 days, I don't think anyone will care.

Still, you could ask the question :-)

• Backroom

Good point Hasta.

One thing is that he seems very passionate and will do whatever he can to help us, whether or not that means climbing up a palace naked I'm not sure but every little helps.

He said he is going to start contacting local football supporter groups tomorrow.

Not trying to put a dampener on it Madon. It's nice to see efforts being rewarded. Breakthrough might be a bit strong though.

I agree the advice offered doesn't sound much like a wind-up but I've dealt with people in the past who are happy to set up a long con. We had our very own fantasist on here not long back who tried to convince us all he was on route to Qatar to speak to potential bidders - by posting a 'photo' he had got from google or trip advisor of the VIP lounge!

It takes all sorts!

Hopefully the site will prove useful but I would maintain my question is, as a long-suffering (well not that long) Man U sympathiser (!) how has he found out about our situation? As an Indian he may genuinely feel enraged that his countrymen are embarrassing his nation. Seems odd though.

Cheers.

• Backroom

Well the headline made me cack my pants in excitement.

Sorry... I was a bit excited when I saw the email but now realise it was a bit of an overstatement!

Archived