BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Separate Area

ABBEY

I think this section also used to only be viewable to registered members but I'm not sure if that's still the case. I don't think it is.

Also it doesn't solve the problem of prying eyes as anyone can join.

A completely separate area available to the people who need to have access seems a good idea. Working out who needs access could be more tricky.

Simeone else suggested perhaps limit it to longer standing members with a minimum post count. Might be a tad unfair for genuine fans who joined later and don't post much but I do understand a reasonable need to protect some info from certain undesireables.

I think this section also used to only be viewable to registered members but I'm not sure if that's still the case. I don't think it is.

Also it doesn't solve the problem of prying eyes as anyone can join.

A completely separate area available to the people who need to have access seems a good idea. Working out who needs access could be more tricky.

access i.e more than 20 posts?

An invite only thread, really??????????????????

Well at least the mods could decide who could access it, as long as they only let people they know in who are genuine Rovers fans rather than anyone who can access the message board I don't see a problem.

Well at least the mods could decide who could access it, as long as they only let people they know in who are genuine Rovers fans rather than anyone who can access the message board I don't see a problem.

how do you judge between whom is a genuine Rovers supporter and those who are not.

Difficult.

The solution is - do not post anything illegal on the site.

Don't post any thing that can be considered encouragement to do anything illegal.

how do you judge between whom is a genuine Rovers supporter and those who are not.

Difficult.

Don't post any thing that can be considered encouragement to do anything illegal.

I was thinking of people they know in the flesh so to speak rather than anyone who is just a faceless name on an message board (like myself!) who could be anybody.

I think its a little late to go all secretive now! ..which game for action has been banded about for a good fortnight now.

Thought the idea was to get the word out there to all Rovers fans and make a big impression ? not half a dozen "top posters"...lets not suddenly get all precious over this. Im sure organisers have mobile phones and emails to converse with if need be.

The powers that be will be well aware that something will be taking place now against Wolves ...we ve 52 pages on here of protest ideas for gods sake...lets just make sure its not a damp squib due to fans not knowing..dont want another "Blackpool" non event.

Remember its only a tiny proportion of Rovers fans who actually post here ..word has to get around outside of here too.

If this is going to be a sustained campaign then plans need to STOP being all over the Internet.

This is not about doing ANYTHING illegal. The issue is to avoid countermeasures to any legal protests being put in place.

Just look at Satrdays now. The fans are simply NOT going to invade the pitch, it's not going to happen, but look at how many stewards are deployed around the perimeter of the pitch near full time - especially in the DE.

They club sees the fans as people who should not care about what is being done to it and just carry on paying their money to watch as they neglect and ruin it. If the fans get upset, just shut them up.

Against Wolves I'm fully expecting the club to have either searches, or to warn fans the will be ejected if whistles are found / used. This would not be the case if such discussions were not publicised.

If this is going to be a sustained campaign then plans need to STOP being all over the Internet.

This is not about doing ANYTHING illegal. The issue is to avoid countermeasures to any legal protests being put in place.

Just look at Satrdays now. The fans are simply NOT going to invade the pitch, it's not going to happen, but look at how many stewards are deployed around the perimeter of the pitch near full time - especially in the DE.

They club sees the fans as people who should not care about what is being done to it and just carry on paying their money to watch as they neglect and ruin it. If the fans get upset, just shut them up.

Against Wolves I'm fully expecting the club to have either searches, or to warn fans the will be ejected if whistles are found / used. This would not be the case if such discussions were not publicised.

Unfortunately Stuart however secretive we are what ever gets planned will get out.

We re talking about hopefully a few thousand fans get onboard this.Word will get round to those for and against action including the club.

My concern would be keeping it in house on here would result in a very low number actually knowing whats actually planned.The actual number of posters on here who will/can attend are minimum.

Get the word out there and worry about what the club does on match day ..

Unfortunately Stuart however secretive we are what ever gets planned will get out.

We re talking about hopefully a few thousand fans get onboard this.Word will get round to those for and against action including the club.

My concern would be keeping it in house on here would result in a very low number actually knowing whats actually planned.The actual number of posters on here who will/can attend are minimum.

Point taken but the organising committee needs to be able to mobilise a plan as close to match day as possible.

The real need for secrecy concerns any proposed India-based action. There will be people who want to find out what's going on in order to be able to put pressure on any support (willing or accidental) in India in order to avoid any embarrassment.

Let's face it, match day protests will be largely ineffective without the Sky cameras. So there will be 30 seconds of Football League Show footage. This means that any non-Sky-game-protests would need to have an impact on play. Start times or during.

The difficulty is that this will not get wide support (as it affects the 'boys on the pitch') but on the plus side doesn't need as many people to carry out.

I guess the gamble is that the club care as much about our Championship status as fans do. If they do then they will seek to talk and to resolve the issues. If they don't then they will press on with those at Ewood able to blame the fans for relegation.

What is the downside for people like Cheston which would make them concerned? Maybe relegation could impact their career, but would it if Venkys don't go? They can just blame the situation.

At some point in time, Cheston will be answerable to the fans or will be gone - or both. I'd like to think that something would make him listen before then. Maybe it needs to be publicised that it's his responsibility to get the owners to talk.

An invite only thread, really??????????????????

The other posts have been funny and know the real reason . You are being an idiot about it either on purpose or not

Difficult.

Shut up and let us protest . If you want to sit there and let the club die then crack on , however some things are best said privately and away from eyes.

I think its a little late to go all secretive now! ..which game for action has been banded about for a good fortnight now.

Thought the idea was to get the word out there to all Rovers fans and make a big impression ? not half a dozen "top posters"...lets not suddenly get all precious over this. Im sure organisers have mobile phones and emails to converse with if need be.

The powers that be will be well aware that something will be taking place now against Wolves ...we ve 52 pages on here of protest ideas for gods sake...lets just make sure its not a damp squib due to fans not knowing..dont want another "Blackpool" non event.

Remember its only a tiny proportion of Rovers fans who actually post here ..word has to get around outside of here too.

Nothing to do with "top posters" at all ffs . Like I said some things are best private . F it let's discuss everything in public .

The protest discussions are all over the web already so little point in doing this.

I knew you would be against it .

Exactly Stuart exactly ... Wars are not won by telling the enemy how /where /why attacks are coming from

Talk about missing the point , Stuart explained it perfectly

• Moderation Lead

Surely if we were after some discretion, once the leaders of the action have been chosen, they could communicate either via pm on here, e-mail, whatsapp, good old fashioned phone call, carrier pigeon? Know what I mean?

Anyhow, I agree for the need for discretion, therefore, I did like the idea of the creation of a private sub-forum and I'm fairly certain that is possible!

The other posts have been funny and know the real reason . You are being an idiot about it either on purpose or not

Shut up and let us protest . If you want to sit there and let the club die then crack on , however some things are best said privately and away from eyes.

Nothing to do with "top posters" at all ffs . Like I said some things are best private . F it let's discuss everything in public .

I knew you would be against it .

Exactly Stuart exactly ... Wars are not won by telling the enemy how /where /why attacks are coming from

Talk about missing the point , Stuart explained it perfectly

where have I said don't protest?

Archived